Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

Felt bad about this but we were stalking you three for ages...too many clues on sidechat!

http://youtu.be/uL9gbUV6fQ8?hd=1 (NSFW, Contains swearing sorry)

ps that was me who hopped into the car and beeped the horn after you repaired the first wheel but unfortunately I didnt record it!

pissed myself laughing at that... cheers...i knew you boys were being a bit too quiet...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

I've been mauled to death once, then mauled to 600 blood on my second spawn, by zombies.

Are the zombies a lot more aggressive in Lingor? The open spaces mean they spot you from miles away. Good thing there's plenty of buildings with entrance and exit doors.

I've been mauled to death once, then mauled to 600 blood on my second spawn, by zombies.

Are the zombies a lot more aggressive in Lingor? The open spaces mean they spot you from miles away. Good thing there's plenty of buildings with entrance and exit doors.

i think they are more aggressive or something, i had not been killed by z's in ages killed twice yesterday by them...then again i was in the barracks...great game last night in fairness...liking the new map...could do with a few more players...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Will open it up tonight, didnt get a chance last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭A+-Guru

ye feckin booooloooxxx ye haha, feck ya!!! revenge is best served cold!

Felt bad about this but we were stalking you three for ages...too many clues on sidechat!

http://youtu.be/uL9gbUV6fQ8?hd=1 (NSFW, Contains swearing sorry)

ps that was me who hopped into the car and beeped the horn after you repaired the first wheel but unfortunately I didnt record it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

I knew I seen shadows on the car from up on that hill. I turned around a few times just to check but couldnt see you.

Good shot with the nade tho...

i take it that it was one of u boys that sniped me at the airbase then...

are we going to loose all our gear at a server restart?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

Anyone been @North Prison yet?
    3 barracks up there.

i was farming it for ages, did you see the loot piles? Didnt manage to find one decent weapon though. Are there any M4 CCO's spawning in?
    theres actually 4, the other is just at the entrance to the compound.

How did you find it, the map give you a big clue? Lol

must have been one of those eurofoxy lol, you boys have been targeted red, if I see any you 2 I will kill you no mercy..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Anyone else having any of these issues on the Lingor Server?

After a restart today I got in straight away but any time after that it takes over 20 mins I'm pretty confident its nothing on my end as I can join every other server very quickly.

When I eventually get into the server my ping, de sync & bandwidth is all 0. Sometimes loot will not disappear from the ground when I pick it up. Pretty sure I cannot see other players too. Sometimes zombies wont even spawn/aggro to me

In the player list all I could see was my own characters name, yet talking to Decryptor on mumble he was saying there were others in the server too.

• Advertisement

havnt been on yet today. will be tonight when I am home..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Still can't get in myself

Getting Bad Version server rejected connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

When Foxy got sniped going to the aid of Guru, Gus & Sparky were nowhere near him. I was crawling about Calamar with a broken leg at the same but I was glad I'd decided not to broadcast my location to everyone via the sidechannel. So you'll have to look for other evil players for that particular death. :D

I'd to quit out shortly after his death due to getting motion sick (stupid game engine).

strange, last night it took ages to get in, but after the first time it then took only a few seconds...just tried it there and got in quicker than i have ever almost instant...

i take it u guys have everything up to date, the beta included,

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Anyone else having any of these issues on the Lingor Server?
    Still can't get in myself

Getting Bad Version server rejected connection.

what launcher are you guys using? as i think thats the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I'd to quit out shortly after his death due to getting motion sick (stupid game engine).

Have you disabled Head Bob?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

First time playing Lingor today, did fairly well for myself too I might add. In the first 10 minutes a zombie hit me and broke my leg, so I respawned. Within the 2 hours I've been playing I found a GPS and a crashed helicopter that hadn't been hit yet. It's a great map in fairness.

yeh awesome map, Love the tropicalness :D

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

I've disabled head bob, only play in 3rd person unless I'm trying (and usually failing) to kill someone, sit well back from the screen, make sure to have decent, stable frame rates etc. I'm usually okay with ARMA2 with those settings, the only thing guaranteed to make me motion sick ingame is 1st person mode or an extended trip in a car while in 3rd person.

It's a problem I've had with games for years. It only happens with some game engines and thankfully hasn't happened with any fps that I've really been looking forward to. It's just a worry anytime I hear of an interesting new game engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I've disabled head bob, only play in 3rd person unless I'm trying (and usually failing) to kill someone, sit well back from the screen, make sure to have decent, stable frame rates etc. I'm usually okay with ARMA2 with those settings, the only thing guaranteed to make me motion sick ingame is 1st person mode or an extended trip in a car while in 3rd person.

It's a problem I've had with games for years. It only happens with some game engines and thankfully hasn't happened with any fps that I've really been looking forward to. It's just a worry anytime I hear of an interesting new game engine.

Get a TrackIR and video the results with a bucket close by :p

Server running 96061 Lingor 34 ie everything from that torrent on daylingor.tk

Database is fresh and new. I found it hit and miss getting on until Battleye was updated on the server and my client. No issues since tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

eurofoxy wrote: »

I don't use a launcher.
    I use steam,can get onto other server's fine,just IE2

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

So, who has been loot farming at the prison barracks...?

Also, dont try to place the military flashlight on your shoulder - Battleye kick for script rescrition when you try to move it.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

I take it IE1 hasn't been restarted? Apart from it taking ages to load in, all of electro & cherno is destroyed, and I mean everything lol. Just rubble :/

Arma 2 Launcher, DayZ Commander & running the beta patch shortcut all produce the same results :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

Torrent from here

Shortcut:
    "D:\Games\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -noSplash -noFilePatching -showScriptErrors "-name=desaparecidos" "-mod=expansion\beta;expansion\beta\expansion;@dayz_lingor;@dayz_lingor_island"

Use in game browser, enter IP of boards server and I've no issues at all when joining.

I don't use a launcher.
    I use steam,can get onto other server's fine,just IE2
    ktulu123 wrote: »
    Arma 2 Launcher, DayZ Commander & running the beta patch shortcut all produce the same results :(

try launching outside steam, go to folder locate beta exe file, then change the command line to what is posted above..if that does not solve it then its something really silly i think....

So, who has been loot farming at the prison barracks...?

Also, dont try to place the military flashlight on your shoulder - Battleye kick for script rescrition when you try to move it.

guilty...but there was nothing there to start with your honour...i mean 2 shotguns and a lee enfield...its a fecking military barracks not a school...

try launching outside steam, go to folder locate beta exe file, then change the command line to what is posted above..if that does not solve it then its something really silly i think....

I dont use steam to launch the game, I use that short cut you mentioned and its still the same. Tried on a couple other computers in the house too. Its something to do with my internet connection not liking the server for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DeBlanka

Just now on Lingor...
    kP2zv.jpg

• Advertisement

that was not me....take the best one....a

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement