Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ELJeff

I had a m4a3 cco? they ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

Heli's and bikes....both useless in water...

arma2oa2012083018560557.png

arma2oa2012083023473462.png

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

amatuers running this server...
    gannam style.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

I was on a private hive server before and the admins were just setting it up. They found the coordinates to use for vehicle spawns by getting people to type messages in sidechat when they were in different places.

So if i was on the west end of balota airstrip then i would type that in chat and the admins could see the coordinates to use from server logs I guess (different to the ingame gps coordinates). I think that's what they were doing anyway as they kept asking people where they were. They also had to restart the hive several times before they got it right which annoyed a lot of people but it's worth it in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DeBlanka

Session lost again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭A+-Guru

why is the server keep restarting, thats 3 times in the last 30 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

A+-Guru wrote: »
    why is the server keep restarting, thats 3 times in the last 30 mins

We are trying to get vehicles spawning.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

eurofoxy wrote: »
    would a hacker admit to being a hacker?

By being banned they would.

Its not anyone but its someone, not sure about the server restarts as i was AFK but i would prefer it was passworded and the password was on this thread.

You guys pay for this server, we just trying to make it worthwhile and its obvious a few tards have targetted the servers and this websites users for "lolz". think i spelled it correctly "lolz"?

Server was unlocked for a reason tonight. As far as i am concerned the people who pay for these servers deserve a decent game. As Admins we should make sure they get the best possible experience. Unfortunatly i was AFK for a few weeks (Saints in Europe...CPU overheating etc)

But some ****ers want to see the world burn, hence tonights honeytrap.

Cant wait to see the "why was i banned" posts from hacking *****. Anyway both servers IE1 and IE2 are there for the users of this website who pay for them to play the game how they want to play it. Hence the private hive and normal hive.

There will be more admins fairly soon. Not sure why but we have seemed to piss off a certain website full of cretins but hey they got to talk to Obama....

Anyway your servers for you and how it plays is decided by you.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭A+-Guru

couldnt agree more dreamerz,

one public + 1 private hive for the boards users is spot on,

last night was great,, all the people in were known boardsie members, there was some ambushes but no hackers. 3 server restarts while you were away dreamerz, so must be hackers at work again. stick the password back on it and be done with it, if people want to play a publilc server join ie1 :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

The server restarts were because the lads were trying to get vehicles to re spawn. It was announced in game numerous times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ELJeff

Ye seem like a good bunch of lads, hoping to be on a good bit soon as my exams are over, hopefully get to know some of ye and have a bit of a laugh. maybe try contribute to the server.

One of the reasons I like the new map is if you do get killed its no half as impossible to get geared up again, and I think that will make the game a bit more fun!

Fair play to ye for doing to work to get the server running!

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Not sure why but we have seemed to piss off a certain website full of cretins but hey they got to talk to Obama....

Anyway your servers for you and how it plays is decided by you.

I haven't seen IE servers mentioned in threads over there, but I haven't been monitoring it too closely. Link?

Edit: And anyways, they have an absolute "no hacking related threads", so I'm confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

The hackers can't restart a server as far as I know.
    Personally I like having it open and having more people on the server, although it seems that there is still lots of player interaction happening between the few boards members.
    Perhaps keep the server locked but advertise it on reddit and make it a requirement for users to stick to one username if you give them the password. And if you see a user who has a different name ban them.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

:pac:
    A+-Guru wrote: »
    couldnt agree more dreamerz,

one public + 1 private hive for the boards users is spot on,

last night was great,, all the people in were known boardsie members, there was some ambushes but no hackers. 3 server restarts while you were away dreamerz, so must be hackers at work again. stick the password back on it and be done with it, if people want to play a publilc server join ie1 :D

we are still fine tuning the server... this is the first time we've implemented a private system so have some patience!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭SasQuatch88

_vti wrote: »
    :pac:

we are still fine tuning the server... this is the first time we've implemented a private system so have some patience!

Boooooo.... Hisssss!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

I can confirm vehicles are spawning..........sadly the boats out in the middle of the desert

I can confirm vehicles are spawning..........sadly the boats out in the middle of the desert

there should be at least 20 vehicles now. sorry about all the reboots.
    there will be 15 reboots between 4am - 6am just tonight. Deal.

if you see any boats on land or else vehicles in water,
    please make known the in game coordinates and we'll fix it.

Boom!:cool:
    I tried to take on 20 at once at the end and got one hit KO'ed.

PZJmVl.jpg

Get to the (one of many) Chopah!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

Urgh, there are too many hackers in this game now. Last 3 times my group of friends and I have tried to play we've had hackers teleporting in on top of us (actually we killed him and stole his beanz) and been tele'd to the middle of nowhere and killed twice. Going to try get in on this Lingor / private server business next time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

dreamers75 wrote: »
    There will be more admins fairly soon. Not sure why but we have seemed to piss off a certain website full of cretins but hey they got to talk to Obama....

What happened between you and reddit? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

854f9717f9933d5050b8b3ff5d2beb37.png?1346427600

Possible hacker on IE1. 4th name down, in russian.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

anyone in elektro right now?

I am.

I am.
    hehehehe i know i am watching you :eek:

Kill me then.

Kill me then.

well thats no fun is it? didnt find anything in the fire station then no!! thats cos i just got a ak out of there

Shame,I'm on my way now lol.

Shame,I'm on my way now lol.

well if it is not you i have been watching then who is:confused:
    think i better kill them:D

• Advertisement

Is it outside the fire station back door?
    It's a glitched body lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement