Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

Hawke wrote: »
    I have been gone a week, have I missed anything other than snipers in cherno?

We have a Dayz Lingor Private Hive Server - were you here when that started?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭A+-Guru

haha.. was just using the ak kobra, I think I was so far away thats why you didnt hear me ?! tbh I didnt think i would have hit you, you were prone on the roof, I used semi mode on the gun and did burst fire myself :D
    ELJeff wrote: »
    U hit me first time but i didnt bleed or break anything, shoulda gone down the ladder then but i said, na thats no fun, i said id try and spot u :D then i saw u were just after sniper so i dint fire back, that said even if i wanted to i had no clue where u were! was ur gun silenced?

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

something fishy goin on, on lingor server...

crashed heli (flyable one, taken down by me (that'll teach 'em for stealing my one)), walk up to it and building beside it blows up, breaks my legs, about 30mins later return to same spot, yet another building blows up, breaks my legs and kills me this time.

arma2oa2012090117372107.png

arma2oa2012090117373006.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I'm pretty sure thats just the helicopter blowing up again. It likes to explode a few times after crashing. It happened to me before after I shot one down and went to investigate.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

What happened to Chewy last night :P

Nice shot btw, you managed to hit the shooter!!

jesus how long did it take you to find me up there, when you guys were flying over i was ****ing myself that you might see me. then i couldnt run and try get in to cover so i said **** it and started shooting:D. how much blood did that shoot take off the gunner? couldnt make out what he said. also what you use to record? i tryed dxtory and recorded like 50 seconds and the file was 8gb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

I use DXtory to record then Sony vegas pro 11 to render it out into a smaller video size

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

jesus how long did it take you to find me up there, when you guys were flying over i was ****ing myself that you might see me. then i couldnt run and try get in to cover so i said **** it and started shooting:D. how much blood did that shoot take off the gunner? couldnt make out what he said. also what you use to record? i tryed dxtory and recorded like 50 seconds and the file was 8gb.

I wasn't really looking as I was flying and had a constant worry of getting shot through the windscreen by a sniper :P

I use Fraps, I get a 12 minute video file at 4GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

You also missed an amazing opportunity to name the video Chopperations.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

has lingor been updated?
    Been playing it all last night and today getting bad version..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

something fishy goin on, on lingor server...

crashed heli (flyable one, taken down by me (that'll teach 'em for stealing my one)), walk up to it and building beside it blows up, breaks my legs, about 30mins later return to same spot, yet another building blows up, breaks my legs and kills me this time.

lol glad to hear it, we were bringing you back to get your stuff after we stole your heli and killed you. I thought we were having a nice chat in the 2nd chopper but you decided to attack the other heli (strange man, lol). So you ended up with nothing and we ended up with your chopper :D

and yes, your chopper was amazeballs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,209 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

ermageerdd thats amazeballs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

:/ The time it takes to log in and out has seemed to have gotten significantly longer for me.

CORaven wrote: »
    :/ The time it takes to log in and out has seemed to have gotten significantly longer for me.

I take it, IE1? Was grand for me before the hacker came on. I dunno what they do to increase the waiting time when logging in. And the lag spikes I seem to indure :(

Wish Battleye was better :P

getting very strange glitches on lingor server....

have a watch...

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DeBlanka

have a watch...

Looks like you respawned in Lingor's version of the Debug Plains. How did you die in the first place?

DeBlanka wrote: »

have a watch...

Looks like you respawned in Lingor's version of the Debug Plains. How did you die in the first place?

Was running, then fell to the ground with broken bones and bleeding... Debug monitor disappeared and couldn't do anything, then got teleported to debug zone were I eventually died..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

That looks like the Debug area.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

looks like a **** ton of lag or something that all came to one point...really only speculating tho!

strange stuff

_vti wrote: »
    looks like a **** ton of lag or something that all came to one point...really only speculating tho!

strange stuff

just been back up at that same spot, its where the flyable heli crashed, the whole area around it is now destroyed.
    Debug monitor disappears when u get near to it. Screen starts pulsing grey to colour.
    Trees and buildings are knocked and even the zombies die when they was close to it.
    There's a few dead players around it, 1 that died in the crash, 2 of my corpses, a random player right next to the chopper, then iFodders body...

Heres a video of a zombie walking close to the wreckage

Yo, could an admin possibly give IE1 a restart while no one is on? Just has lag issues again :(

I'm like the IE1 mascot nowadays :P, when everyone coming back!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

Yo, could an admin possibly give IE1 a restart while no one is on? Just has lag issues again :(

I'm like the IE1 mascot nowadays :P, when everyone coming back!

i think everyone is now on lingor...its much more compact and a lot more vehicles and the weapons are easier to get too...

eurofoxy wrote: »
    i think everyone is now on lingor...its much more compact and a lot more vehicles and the weapons are easier to get too...

Seen some video's and I'll admit, looks sweet. I'll prob join ye next time a hacker has his way with me :P

Anybody want to do a stunt video? just for a laugh, instead of running around killing eachother...

Something like this (just messing in the editor)

Only instead of just the car, we have a heli hovering just beside the ramp, we have a guy standing up on the hill looking down at the ramp(behind car starting point), a guy standing beside the ramp, looking at the ramp with chopper hovering beside it, then a guy down by the pond, looking up at the heli, everybody using fraps including the driver....

then edit it all into 1 video...

^as you can see in the video, tried with a bus, but its too slow and hits the hill then explodes...but seems to be survivable with a car that can reach 100kph...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

A car / bike race around the track should be organised. Losers are executed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

A car / bike race around the track should be organised. Losers are executed.

i think we should look into this...spawn 20 bikes at the track then have a few races who ever is in last place gets killed every lap... would be a good laugh...

also think we should do something like tanks and stuff like that..a battle royal at the airport with 20 tanks and a few choppers... last man standing type of thing..

Seen some video's and I'll admit, looks sweet. I'll prob join ye next time a hacker has his way with me :P

give it a go, here is some of my holiday snaps to give you a taste of what your missing....

arma2oa2012090121141286.png

arma2oa2012090120593306.png

arma2oa2012090118034842.png

You might run into some strange looking characters....
    arma2oa2012083120092642.png

arma2oa2012083120033534.png

arma2oa2012083023122555.png

Looks amazing :O I'm tempted :P

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ELJeff

Haha man people don't think , one guy sniping from top of a radio tower, shoot him, two seconds someone else goes up and starts sniping using the first's kits lol my first ever kills both bandits too :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

Should be a "Only speak English" rule or something. Annoying not knowing what those Germans are saying to each other :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Yeah we saw weird stuff too. Sparky got kicked after performing an heroic emergency landing after hawkeye betrayed us which resulted in two of the lads surviving the crash, ifodder was shot out before that so that's probably why his body is there.

Sparky got kicked for remote exec or something later on while flying the other chopper, my leg got broken while I was swimming and two people reported getting hit by zombies while being upstairs above them and all of that happened at the same time.

Also, I've been in that sandbag/debug place before on other servers. It happened me once after I put on camo clothing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement