Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

I have the -showScriptErrors switch in my launcher. I get this on the loading screen...

Yeah getting that error too

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

was getting that but went to steam and right clicked on arma 2: OA and clicked play arma 2: combined ops

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭A+-Guru

can't seem to join lingor server guys, stuck on loading screen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

Have you all made sure to download Community Based Addons from Armaholic?

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6231

just ran the showscrip error command in launcher, getting the same error...
    server needs restart?

• Advertisement

Have you all made sure to download Community Based Addons from Armaholic?

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6231

i tried loading with that mod enabled, got kicked for script restriction

lol
    i tried loading with that mod enabled, got kicked for script restriction

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Lots of War Z footage emerging from PAX. Its still in Alpha but it looks pretty polished.
    Only thing now is whether if it will be able to carry over the fearful player interactions from DayZ.

Still not getting in...what has been changed since lastnite, file/setup wise?

Theres another error flashing up before that dayzloginplayer2, something to do with gear, loading a custom loadout or something.

Quote from another forum...

I had this issue after installing a backup into the DB.
    apperently the server didnt know how to create my charachter (already in the DB) so i got stuck at loading screen untill i went into the DB and manually deleted my character info.

I got straight in on a new char

When you import main table e.g. you have to change the survival time, so the lastupdate time also changing, then you can join the server. If its all on 0000-00-00 00:00:00 you get stuck on loading.

- http://www.tunngle.net/community/topic/85461-dayz-1725-saintly-lingor-island-v034-server-files/page__st__480

did lingor revert or something?? I spawned back in the place i was an hour before leaving :/ something fishy going on, lost my ghillie suit and all :(

• Advertisement

dunno what happend, but i'm in game now

dunno what happend, but i'm in game now

i rage quited lol and its f***in night again

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

im the only one tinkering with this since yesterday and ive been at it all day...you have to realise that this is completely unsupported by anyone other than ourselves. the databases and configurations need such fine tuning its crazy so if you feel the need to rage quit, i dont think i could give any less of a **** :)

_vti wrote: »
    im the only one tinkering with this since yesterday and ive been at it all day...you have to realise that this is completely unsupported by anyone other than ourselves. the databases and configurations need such fine tuning its crazy so if you feel the need to rage quit, i dont think i could give any less of a **** :)

i appreciate It but I rage quited mainly because i wasnt bothered to play again , apoligies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Lots of War Z footage emerging from PAX. Its still in Alpha but it looks pretty polished.
    Only thing now is whether if it will be able to carry over the fearful player interactions from DayZ.

traitor..

Looks decent enough,alot more closed in though.Its one thing I like about Dayz is the feeling that the nature is re-claiming the world so to speak,and it feels very open.

I think they have the amount of forestry right in cherno but maybe bring it into the cities aswell,so vines on buildings and tree's uprooting paving etc

Anyone got a beta pass for it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

Did they give any info on how big the map was going to be, or even how many players can be on a single server? I seen the footage and I think it looks alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Well the engine is from that crappy war inc game so I don't think it is capable of having DayZ size maps.
    I still prefer DayZ, and probably will after playing War Z so don't call me a traitor just yet ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    traitor..

Looks decent enough,alot more closed in though.Its one thing I like about Dayz is the feeling that the nature is re-claiming the world so to speak,and it feels very open.

I think they have the amount of forestry right in cherno but maybe bring it into the cities aswell,so vines on buildings and tree's uprooting paving etc

that would be class if they did that

The aftermath, of one of two crashes last night. But involved hitting small objects at very low speed, vehicle then exploded sending me unconscious and bleeding out, shortly followed by death.

arma2oa2012090313105809.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

what's up with your hands?!?! :0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Crashing into a garage, how ironic :)

We call it the passion wagon but maybe crashin' wagon would suit better (groan)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

passion wagon

Shaggin Waggin moar like

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

some weird stuff last night.
    Got killed and couldn't get back into the game so eventually quit.
    When I rejoined an hour later I had spawned in the dark with a ghillie suit :D but zero equipment.
    Logged back out and then in again and all the previous equipment I had before dying I had back again :D

who was dropping red flares at the airfield in Villen? I suspect it was Hawkeye trying to trap people :D

plus the frakkin open mic is pissing me off bigtime.
    No matter that I've deleted every assigned button to voip in-game it shows as transmitting constantly..my sneezes have given a few heart attacks to people :D

Blazer wrote: »
    who was dropping red flares at the airfield in Villen? I suspect it was Hawkeye trying to trap people :D

Think that was Kevin or albert...i was too busy doing my fair share of dying to try and trap people

@the hands....used zombie face, but it only works when you get a PMC character or put on camo clothing....

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭EI_Flyboy

The aftermath, of one of two crashes last night. But involved hitting small objects at very low speed, vehicle then exploded sending me unconscious and bleeding out, shortly followed by death.

arma2oa2012090313105809.png

That van is the most fragile vehicle in DayZ, apparently even Zombies are capable of damaging it til it explodes. NEVER drive it without fixing the engine!

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭EI_Flyboy

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    traitor..

I can remember playing on servers where there was next to no debris on the map and I found it a lot more freaky. The idea that it all happened very recently or even the day before created much more of an atmosphere for me. Plus if you didn't have dead soldiers everywhere, there'd be no poxy glitches! It'd be a simple way to fix that problem.

albert was devious last night trying to lure noobzzzz in with a message saying that he had medical supplies etc. I was actually going to go and shoot him up but then he said he had 4 others.....

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

what's up with your hands?!?! :0

it looks like oneof the default Zombay skins, same as I use.

theres a tutorial Here

my favourite ;63511-tutorial-customizing-your-skin-in-dayz

Chuck norris anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

Is IE1 down?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

finally got some free time and got back into the game. Hadnt touched it in weeks and within 2 minutes of reassuming my character he gets sniped :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement