Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Roorah

Lingor, shoulda mentioned that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

platinums wrote: »
    Im soo curious, who was it that shot at me last night on Lingor with a DMR type weapon. location was east of Prison on the shore.

I stole your battered fishing boat (well it was just asking for it) then you must have heard it and came back towards.

Me, realizing that this tin can only wanted to go right! and seeing a faint figure in the distance heading towards it, ditched it, 50 metres out and started swimming back. I was dropping floating bricks swimming back hoping i;d reach the shore before you got to my position.

You did: I started swimming back to the boat, which you sunk with a million DMR shots, but strangely never shot me?

Im guessing bad aim or the waters surge was obscuring a good shot.

well anyway, make yourself known.

Where did you steal the boat? I left one on the west coast of the northern part of the Island. If that was my boat you deserved it!

I chose not to shoot you. I wanted to create splashes in the water around you to scare you. I was also kind of hoping to just nick you so you'd bleed out and drown in the water :pac:

I didn't realize the boat was sinking so didn't focus on it and stopped recording before it fully sank. Pity, it was a cool sight watching it sink.

A minute or two later I came across someone in the forest who shot at me (must have come to investigate all the noise I made shooting at the boat), had a shoot out an I think we simultaneously killed each other.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Myself and Max were on comms with platinums and moving in to take you out when we heard a **** load of M14/DMR rounds and both of your names popped up. We spent ages looking for your bodies and never found em ha

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭DevilsBreath

Honestly though the chopper had been hacked in as so few on the server.
    We had seen you pass over a few times as we moved around the map.
    DC'd to get some food,
    If we had of know you were all in a group it would have made it easier :).
    I know now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

DC'd to get some food,
    I know now though.

:P I was the pilot. Poxy ping getting to high :(

Can't believe a grenade shot from an M16 killed all 3 of ye. Was amaze balls :P I have it all on video anyways haha, I'll upload it some time 2moro and give you the link.

Sorry for messing with you when you came back. Only did it for the lol's as we where bored :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Beez

Its ashame the iron sites on the M16 with grenade launcher are so rubbish, should be able to drop the grenade site out the way when not in use.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

how do i play Lingor?.....i just can`t join the server can i?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

all ‏@rocket2guns
    @ImNicks15 I'm going to make a decision today whether to release a hotfix (1.7.2.6) or wait and release 1.7.3. If the hotfix, then very soon
    Artifacting? #anditsgone pic.twitter.com/YXC7hpHY

Dogs still a bit off it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

DC'd to get some food,
    I know now though.

Nope we robbed it off some other lads earlier while they were trying to fix it on the island.
    We knew we weren't going to get ye in the barn so myself and CoRaven got out and I tubed the barn-Triple kill :P

Haha no prob at all lad's.
    Was pissing myself laughing on TS with the lads.
    Nice shot by the way. Would love to see the vid. 11 day old car with the best gear I'd found in the game so far.
    Oh ye, sorry about the caterwalling down the Mic at ye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,209 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Frag grenades are impossible. So far the only person I've managed to kill with one is myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DeBlanka

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    all ‏@rocket2guns
    @ImNicks15 I'm going to make a decision today whether to release a hotfix (1.7.2.6) or wait and release 1.7.3. If the hotfix, then very soon

It's coming today. http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/zftgu/rocket_considering_releasing_hot_fix_rather_than/c648pqp

When should we expect the server to update?

DC'd to get some food,
    I know now though.

Have the video uploaded. The part with you is near the end. Feel free to watch it all if you want :P All recorded last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

DeBlanka wrote: »

Give IE1 a few dayz to see if it makes more problems than it fixes.
    (What we usually do)

Have the video uploaded. The part with you is near the end. Feel free to watch it all if you want :P All recorded last night.

:P so they were all hacked in if they were on an island

:P so they were all hacked in if they were on an island

Chopper wasn't, we got that at it's spawn on the island. Only way we could make it out to that island with the vehicles. Would have taken a week to swim out to.

A hacker must have teleported them all out on that island, they where all to neatly parked for it to be a server glitch.

Chopper was legit. I'm surprised you's just didn't open fire on us, you's all had M4A1's, you could have did some damage to us, or even tryed to take out a gunner.?

Chopper wasn't, we got that at it's spawn on the island. Only way we could make it out to that island with the vehicles. Would have taken a week to swim out to.

A hacker must have teleported them all out on that island, they where all to neatly parked for it to be a server glitch.

Chopper was legit. I'm surprised you's just didn't open fire on us, you's all had M4A1's, you could have did some damage to us, or even tryed to take out a gunner.?

Ah kk,

Found it to had to see the chopper, Could hear it but not get a good aim.
    Didn't know it showed people up on the map. if i had i'd have opened fire ether way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

Where did you steal the boat? ... it was a cool sight watching it sink.

[youtube:9KUOzaDRatM]

A minute or two later I came across someone in the forest who shot at me (must have come to investigate all the noise I made shooting at the boat), had a shoot out an I think we simultaneously killed each other.

very strange and maybe I'm glad it hasn't come out on the vid, but I was begging for life on VON,hahaha , didnt see your message asking for my name either, whether i missed it or it didnt appear who knows.

i met up with the other two lads and went looking for you, we were vaguely sure that was you in the doubleKO though.

i see now how easily I could have been shot too!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I've been hearing so much about this I have to give it a go. Got ARMAII CO last night, will get the mod today. I've never played ARMA before, should I spend a little time getting used to the interface/physics or just dive in to zombie land? I think the closest I played was probably Flashpoint back in the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

have you played games like it before...it might be worth your while doing some of the training scenarios if you have not.... but to be honest you are going to be killed quite a lot so best advice is to go out and give it a shot...remember if you dont like the look of someone, avoid them or kill them as they will just kill you if they see you... and dont get too attached to your gear as you will loose it...
    as for the zombies, best way to geet rid of them if they are following you is get into a building and leave through a different door... and keep sprinting..if you are in the woods you can loose them if you run in a zig zag through the trees/bushes...

one last thing, dont fire the lee enfield unless you have enough ammo to deal with every zombie within 500m of you...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Zillah wrote: »
    I've been hearing so much about this I have to give it a go. Got ARMAII CO last night, will get the mod today. I've never played ARMA before, should I spend a little time getting used to the interface/physics or just dive in to zombie land? I think the closest I played was probably Flashpoint back in the day.

As you've played OF before then you have an idea how the controls work though I would go through the Boot Camp for a quick refresher.

The rest you can learn in-game ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Many poeple using IE1?

I can update later if you want.

Think i have the RDP to it now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

1.7.2.6 wrote:
    In Process Changelog (WIP):

* [NEW] Option to flip vehicles that have rolled
    /spooge

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Apparently Utes is now compatible with DayZ.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Edit: Found it on Reddit. Apparently its too small and like a death match

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/87264-dayz-utes/

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Apparently Utes is now compatible with DayZ.

Bit small though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Many poeple using IE1?

Go ahead :)

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Many poeple using IE1?

Go ahead man, looking forward to the glitches being fixed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

class video son :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Gave it a very quick go there to make sure everything is working ok. Managed to get five zombies chasing me and got away just by sprinting away like a maniac. A couple thoughts:

- Please please please tell me I can disable the head-bobbing, that's gonna completely ruin it for me. Horrible.
    - Do I wander around unarmed until I happen to find a weapon in a shed or something?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement