Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

i am on lingor and i am at a crashed airplane anyone know were that is? or is anyone near there?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

Zillah wrote: »
    Gave it a very quick go there to make sure everything is working ok. Managed to get five zombies chasing me and got away just by sprinting away like a maniac. A couple thoughts:

- Please please please tell me I can disable the head-bobbing, that's gonna completely ruin it for me. Horrible.
    - Do I wander around unarmed until I happen to find a weapon in a shed or something?

Head bobbing can be changed to zero under game settings in the options.
    Yes. Use http://dayzdb.com/map to find places of interest. Certain types of loot points have certain weapons. Farms might have shotguns or a lee Enfield rifle. If you pick up an axe, you have to go to your inventory, right click to remove it from your tool belt into your primary weapon slot. You might have to hit r to "reload it"

so how did i kill in the control tower ther about 10 min ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Gave it a very quick go there to make sure everything is working ok. Managed to get five zombies chasing me and got away just by sprinting away like a maniac. A couple thoughts:

- Please please please tell me I can disable the head-bobbing, that's gonna completely ruin it for me. Horrible.
    - Do I wander around unarmed until I happen to find a weapon in a shed or something?

You can play in 3rd person mode by pressing Enter on the keypad if the game engine is making you sick even with headbob turned off. Just switch back to 1st person for shooting people/zombies.

is the lingor server down???? i cant find it:(

never mind just poped up :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Fell into some water. I swim retardedly slowly, there is no apparent way out and I don't seem to have an option to kill myself to respawn. It seems my only option is to spend an hour inching my way around trying to find a ladder or something. This is retarded. I can't even go below the surface to drown myself.

Also I seem to be short-sighted, everything beyond ten feet is blurry? Is my game glitching or is that a deliberate thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

class video son :D

Thanks man, first video that I have put in alot of effort. Might start doing more :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

is it on linger? if so just post up where you are i am sure someone will come by and kill you before you can get out..

I'm on the boards server. I seem to be in the docks. My map gives me a blank screen. I think I'm starting to freeze to death anyway? Is that a thing?

I'm more concerned by everything being blurry right now. Is that normal? It's on 1920 x 1080 but I can see about a much detail as you'd expect on 800 x 600.

Any idea when IE1 will be updated to the latest patch? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,209 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

If you're in water for ages I think you can get sick. When you spawn in the server tells you where you are on the bottom right. FInd the location on this map: http://dayzdb.com/map#3.097.124 You're location should be the second line in the text that pops up. You can disable head bob in options.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I'm on the boards server. I seem to be in the docks. My map gives me a blank screen. I think I'm starting to freeze to death anyway? Is that a thing?

I'm more concerned by everything being blurry right now. Is that normal? It's on 1920 x 1080 but I can see about a much detail as you'd expect on 800 x 600.

Turn off or disable Post Processing.

The other blur is you dying ;p

that was not cool
    and when i joined back in i was knocked out

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Make sure your 3d resolution & interface resolution are the same. Ie 1920 x 1080

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Make sure your 3d resolution & interface resolution are the same. Ie 1920 x 1080

Yes I worked that out. What the hell is that feature about?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

No idea really. All it does is make the game look blurry

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

Some footage of the attempted stunt jump in Calamar...

As predicted, it ended badly for a few people. Dont ask me how I survived, I think Deblanka drowned in the pick-up, cameraman chewy hit the dirt soon after, Impossibru came back to loot a body i think, but I got him (sorry, had to kill somebody), then almost had a perfect ambush on the boys in the blue van as they came to the end of the dirt road, swung around a few houses, was about to open fire but I passed out from low blood and the got away...

Attempt number 2 will have to take place soon, hopefully with a chopper or two, and maybe a few more cars to go over the jump in tandem...

Was a bit of fun at the end of it all, a different way to die.....

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭A+-Guru

haha awesome vid

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

DevilsBreath why did you dc again?
    I killed you're friend and my mate was about to kill you then you left. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

If I start playing on lingor will I lose my position/stuff on cherenerus?

• Advertisement

THIS IS FROM MY ANGLE :D

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    If I start playing on lingor will I lose my position/stuff on cherenerus?

Nope :)

Ok. There I was thinking I was doing well for myself having gotten a pistol, an assault rifle, and plenty of ammo and other stuff. Headshotting the ocassional zombie. Then suddenly one knocks me over or something and I'm completely powerless and sit there watching a countdown as I die slowly.

I really need to read a tutorial or something because if I knew that was possible I would probably have been less careful with my ammo.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭DevilsBreath

You again, for feck sake how do ye find us.
    End of game night dude.
    Was just moving out of town to log for the evening.
    Didn't know ye had seen me as i was way out of town.

Ok. There I was thinking I was doing well for myself having gotten a pistol, an assault rifle, and plenty of ammo and other stuff. Headshotting the ocassional zombie. Then suddenly one knocks me over or something and I'm completely powerless and sit there watching a countdown as I die slowly.

I really need to read a tutorial or something because if I knew that was possible I would probably have been less careful with my ammo.

Dayz is a mod for a milsim, there are more guides for dayz than for Arma.

If someone has morphine they can remove the timer, but most likely you are going to die and lose your ****. And have to start again.

End of game night dude.

We where coming back from the airfield and see loads of zed's. Decided to check it out :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

End of game night dude.

We were about to raid the supermarket after coming back from airfield xD

End of game night dude.
    We where coming back from the airfield and see loads of zed's. Decided to check it out :P
    We were about to raid the supermarket after coming back from airfield xD

DC or not DC......

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭DevilsBreath

OK i'm just going to go north and stay above the airfield somewhere and never leave the hole I've dug.

We were roaming around for ages after trying to arm up from last night :P
    Have yet to find a vehicle in the game never any in the spawn points.

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    DC or not DC......

Leave it this time. Please don't do it again tho Devil :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement