Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Leave it this time. Please don't do it again tho Devil :)

In fairness your making it hard to ban disconnectors.

We rely on the posters here for that, just because he replied to your post doesnt make it acceptable.

Other side of that is someone actually quitting for the evening and being banned for it.

Your server, your rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

dreamers75 wrote: »
    In fairness your making it hard to ban disconnectors.

We rely on the posters here for that, just because he replied to your post doesnt make it acceptable.

Other side of that is someone actually quitting for the evening and being banned for it.

Your server, your rules.

I understand where your coming from. But I believe in second chances. I don't want to ruin the game on someone because they made a mistake in a rash moment.

Happens to everyone when a sniper is shooting at you, and you have no idea where it is coming from.

Hopefully he'll learn from this and not do it in the future. If he does then ban away :)

@ Devil, next time your getting shot at, try run away from them and hide somewhere for a few minutes. Then disconnect. Don't do it when a bullet has just wizzed over you, or killed your friend :) Or hit you for that matter. That's the worst cause your body goes with you :(

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DeBlanka

THIS IS FROM MY ANGLE :D

Haha "SOMEONE ELSE JUMPuiydbrubdliubndv"

I have it recorded but it's identical to Hawkeye's. Well, apart from the ending. I had the "Status / Command / Reply / Backspace" action commands on my screen so it wouldn't let me exit in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭A+-Guru

haha, cant beleive I missed that action, looked epic

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

i love how the only person who didnt take a shot at anyone was shot..lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭DevilsBreath

I understand where your coming from. But I believe in second chances. I don't want to ruin the game on someone because they made a mistake in a rash moment.

Happens to everyone when a sniper is shooting at you, and you have no idea where it is coming from.

Hopefully he'll learn from this and not do it in the future. If he does then ban away :)

@ Devil, next time your getting shot at, try run away from them and hide somewhere for a few minutes. Then disconnect. Don't do it when a bullet has just wizzed over you, or killed your friend :) Or hit you for that matter. That's the worst cause your body goes with you :(

Ye no prob, On that though no bullets near me and i was way out of town at the time so had no idea ye had seen me.

If a ban is wanted need work away i understand the reason's.

Ye no prob, On that though no bullets near me and i was way out of town at the time so had no idea ye had seen me.

If a ban is wanted need work away i understand the reason's.

I have no problem, but its up to the admins at the end of the day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

_vti wrote: »
    i love how the only person who didnt take a shot at anyone was shot..lol

yea and when we were setting up i had plent of chances to kill at least 2 of them up on the rock. had a lot of good stuff as well. but f**k it, it made the video better in a way :D

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Another stunt jump perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

lads dayz commander has lingor island integration so now its easier to install and join

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Maximilian wrote: »
    Another stunt jump perspective.

What voice changer was used for that? :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

What voice changer was used for that? :D

Unfortunately that's max's real voice. It's kinda annoying when were trying to run stealth operations :P

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

simon360 wrote: »
    lads dayz commander has lingor island integration so now its easier to install and join
    Crashes anytime I try to install Lingor and installing manually never seems to work.

Any ETA on when IE1 will be updated?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Chabu 2

" he admited to disconnecting...besides that, hes annoying the crap out of everybody on the server spamming nonsense all the time.

ill consider unbanning him ONLY if he doesnt do this crap anymore.

sorry man, but my ban stands for a few days, purely because he griefed me and the lads for a solid half an hour earlier."

No idea which admin said this, and i'm not trying to be disrespectful, just let me adress a few points mentioned here.

1. Indeed I did disconnect, but as I said 5min before I got shot at I already told Snake****e I was gonna go to bed, and none of the bullets hit me + I was waiting up there for 5 min and it wasn't looking like you'd ever kill me.
    But granted, you count this as DC, i said ok, you gave me warning and asked me never to do it again, i agreed again.

2. "besides that, hes annoying the crap out of everybody on the server spamming nonsense all the time." AFTER the warning, countless of people kept trolling me and accusing me so I replied. You said I annoyed the **** out of you and you banned me for 'chat spamming' without even 1 warning, but the people that kept chucking accusations ran free.

3. "sorry man, but my ban stands for a few days, purely because he griefed me and the lads for a solid half an hour earlier" I was online for 5 maybe 10 min max.

But i'll wait out my time graciously, just felt like I should point out all those claims that seem a bit over the top.(+ I just saw Evil DC'd as well, and not the first time either but he seems fine? fine so be it)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭SasQuatch88

Chabu 2 wrote: »

1. Indeed I did disconnect, but as I said 5min before I got shot at I already told Snake****e I was gonna go to bed, and none of the bullets hit me + I was waiting up there for 5 min and it wasn't looking like you'd ever kill me.

You shot arseface on teh stairs, granted, he didnt die. i was beside him ready to move on your position.. i went outside to throw a grenade in teh window, arse tells me your not there anymore.. i check the player list.. your gone.. thats a combat log. no two ways about it..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

(+ I just saw Evil DC'd as well, and not the first time either but he seems fine? fine so be it)

The people he logged out on asked he not be banned.

@Ghenzis principle is the same.

and U HAD already thrown the nade but it didn't do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

@Ghenzis principle is the same.

How so?
    In Civil Cases if the victim doe not wish they can drop charges and no penalty is enforced.

Also, 30 seconds into my first Lingor helo flight and I'm shot out of the pilots seat!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

at one stage, this covered so much of the screen it was almost impossible to drive....

arma2oa2012090621110893.jpg

• Advertisement

30 seconds that's how long your helicopter lasted with scratch :( hahaha. We were on the way north and he says he's taking shots then next thing he's dead. I don't know if it was a hacker(Don't think it was as he surely would of killed me in my heli too) or not or just a lucky shot but whoever did it must come and brag. It was hilarious.

It also has to be noted that it was not five minutes of nothing happening. Maybe 2 mins at the most when we were relocating to get the kill shot. Simple fact is you combat logged. Combat logging on the boards servers is a bannable offence. I'm not going to say it's ok you can come back like the other lads did as too many people have combat logged on me in the last few days and it pisses me off.

Another lad Ricardo combat logged last night. Unlucky for him, on the lingor server if you log out when zombies/players are near your body will stand up for 30 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Squarewave

GoOEpl.jpg

I wish I had a step ladder..

Squarewave wrote: »

I wish I had a step ladder..

Leave my baby alone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,436 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Just a warning on the Lingor server..Russian guy just joined...possible hacker alert just be careful :)

B97B6671EB6B4B1F85DDE28AD43E2C63-0000326601-0003003621-00330L-C8EB679DC88A4B41A3EDAEF4B8B2F6A2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Squarewave

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Leave my baby alone :(

Dont worry, I didn't touch it!
    Any reason you left it up there?

ktulu123 wrote: »
    It also has to be noted that it was not five minutes of nothing happening. Maybe 2 mins at the most when we were relocating to get the kill shot. Simple fact is you combat logged. Combat logging on the boards servers is a bannable offence. I'm not going to say it's ok you can come back like the other lads did as too many people have combat logged on me in the last few days and it pisses me off.

Aye, but you gave me warning for the log, and even tho i disagreed about it being a full-on combat log, i agreed not to do it again. So the ban wasn't for the Combat log, and you can't really complain about the chatting, while all I was doing is defending myself against more allegations . . .

Squarewave wrote: »
    Dont worry, I didn't touch it!
    Any reason you left it up there?

Cause its a safe spot to stop people stealing it. I'll be flying it later. If your on when im done I might pass her your way

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DeBlanka

Aye, but you gave me warning for the log, and even tho i disagreed about it being a full-on combat log, i agreed not to do it again. So the ban wasn't for the Combat log, and you can't really complain about the chatting, while all I was doing is defending myself against more allegations . . .

I wasn't going to comment on this, but you sort-of were abusing the chat the last night if it's the time I think ye're on about. There was about 10 messages on screen within the space of 20-30 seconds of

Haha missed
    missed again
    are you finished
    didn't hit me
    lol
    missed again
    still haven't given up???
    hahaha

and so on. They aren't the exact quotes but something to that effect taunting the shooters before you said you were going offline. Just my €0.02, I haven't any right to comment on DCing since I wasn't shooting. (Contrary to "midget"s thought or whatever his name was.

• Advertisement

DeBlanka wrote: »
    I wasn't going to comment on this, but you sort-of were abusing the chat the last night if it's the time I think ye're on about. There was about 10 messages on screen within the space of 20-30 seconds of

Haha missed
    missed again
    are you finished
    didn't hit me
    lol
    missed again
    still haven't given up???
    hahaha

and so on. They aren't the exact quotes but something to that effect taunting the shooters before you said you were going offline. Just my €0.02, I haven't any right to comment on DCing since I wasn't shooting. (Contrary to "midget"s thought or whatever his name was.

that wasn't the chatspam he was referring to when he banned

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement