Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

chewy did you kill me earlier :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

This is what I have at the moment.

When I start the game I'm getting the error that says the files have been deleted.
    Can't remember the specific ones.

ddf1086ec192c80c4993dc5a39cbcfc6.png?1347108116

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

This is what I have at the moment.

When I start the game I'm getting the error that says the files have been deleted.
    Can't remember the specific ones.

ddf1086ec192c80c4993dc5a39cbcfc6.png?1347108116

Probably arma2 files...go to your arma2 folder, copy the folder named "addons", then open your arma2 OA folder, paste addons (8gb~)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭SasQuatch88

Chabu 2 wrote: »
    That was me.. I was stalling so we could kill you.. I was getting closer to you as we were chatting..

no offence, but .. no wait, scratch that

that's THE single most cowardly way of killing people

Thats how I play the game.. Grow up this isn't hello kitty island.. And I could think of more ways to kill you believe me..
    *evil cackle*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

I think it's the lingor files Hawkeye.

Going to download them again.

Holy **** it worked :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

8.20pm on lingor DC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14194

Just found another ARMA II map that could actually be pretty cool for DayZ. The map itself looks not too disimlar from Pripyat or Chernobyl in the STALKER series, with it's Soviet Block architecture and post-Apocalyptic atmosphere. I imagine that the whole temperature mechanic would could also come into play with the sub-zero temperatures, making it incredibly important to keep warm in the freezing conditions.

Here's a link to a video showing the terrain outside the Cities themselves: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnZQKZ94eos

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

eurofoxy wrote: »
    got you twice last night chewy, we both died the first round but you had no chance the second time as i spawned just next to where we did the circle dance and was able to get my gear back nice and quickly...

yea that was a funny one alright, for some reason my mouse switched back from left handed to right handed so at the start of the dance i was trying to shoot all i was doing was zooming in. and then i was trying to look down the barrol and thats when it got really confusing:confused:

also only dies twice last night the time with you at the start and then by zombies!!!! as fare as i can remember :)
    when, were and how was the second one? might jog my memery

simon360 wrote: »
    chewy did you kill me earlier :(

were you the one saying that you are trying to fix up a truck? if so then yes :D

were you the one saying that you are trying to fix up a truck? if so then yes :D

and took my m14 aim haha i was saying friendly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14194

Just found another ARMA II map that could actually be pretty cool for DayZ. The map itself looks not too disimlar from Pripyat or Chernobyl in the STALKER series, with it's Soviet Block architecture and post-Apocalyptic atmosphere. I imagine that the whole temperature mechanic would could also come into play with the sub-zero temperatures, making it incredibly important to keep warm in the freezing conditions.

Here's a link to a video showing the terrain outside the Cities themselves: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnZQKZ94eos

That map has a lot of bugs that were never fixed.

Check out Icebreakrs other maps, Isla Duala is a personal favourite of mine.

http://www.icebreakr.info/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

also only dies twice last night the time with you at the start and then by zombies!!!! as fare as i can remember :)
    when, were and how was the second one? might jog my memery

yeah the first one was funny as i had no ammo for my pistol so it took ags to swith to my main weapon..
    the second time you came over the hill carrying an axe i was at the bottom of the hill taking on some cans, i had to drop ya sorry as i was still a bit pumped from earlier..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

dreamers75 wrote: »
    IE 1 update? does anyone actually play on it?

Domination server ?

Are there any condensed PVP modes? Without AI. A mode that would work well with small and large numbers? I find when you have AI subordinates, people just run off and do there own thing in Domination etc.

Or maybe Dayz Cherno or Lingor with tanks, gunships, jets etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

platinums wrote: »
    is that the real R0ot on IE1 , thought he was an EvE Online player.

Am I restricted to one game only?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

The ARMA engine doesn't do too bad as a race simulator, despite the poor car handling.

I was practising the course at Motodrom Rapido and flipped my car...

who was that at the chopper crash site with a white uaz earlier...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

Anyone want to team up with me on a non boards server?? I just found a red lada in need of repair and I could do with some help!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

WarZ is now asking people to pay to get access to the alpha... 30$..
    You get the full game in the end, but its a pretty sneaky way to make people pay 30$ for a game that might be crap.
    I see a **** storm coming about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Chabu 2

You get the full game in the end, but its a pretty sneaky way to make people pay 30$ for a game that might be crap.

Aye, i'm with Rhinocrunch on this, the stuff they're going on about is just WAYYY too shifty to make prepurchase, i'm only getting it when people already played & tested it and say it's great.

Thats how I play the game.. Grow up this isn't hello kitty island.. And I could think of more ways to kill you believe me..
    *evil cackle*

On an interesting note: I visited the place I was at on another server, and sat at the exact same place in Maruko in the same house hiding on the same stairwell with sight on the stairs up and asked the squad I was rolling with to try and find a place they could shoot me from, even though I lined myself up with 3D and first person and i was INVISIBLE from ALL windows.

As I checked this, the only way to kill me was coming up (seeing as you guys already tried throwing a grenade in earlier and failed miserable) and coming up would make you a prime target for me, as I would have been able to kill you before you could even shoot me, and moving speed on stairs being slow.

But that's all in the past, what I'm curious about is whether it's possible to get unbanned from the IE lingor server please?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Chabu 2 wrote: »
    On an interesting note: I visited the place I was at on another server, and sat at the exact same place in Maruko in the same house hiding on the same stairwell with sight on the stairs up and asked the squad I was rolling with to try and find a place they could shoot me from, even though I lined myself up with 3D and first person and i was INVISIBLE from ALL windows.

As I checked this, the only way to kill me was coming up (seeing as you guys already tried throwing a grenade in earlier and failed miserable) and coming up would make you a prime target for me, as I would have been able to kill you before you could even shoot me, and moving speed on stairs being slow.

But that's all in the past, what I'm curious about is whether it's possible to get unbanned from the IE lingor server please?

You alt F4'd, that is all.

ktulu123 wrote: »
    You alt F4'd, that is all.

Agreed, and although I was (and still am) in a slight disagreement about it being a full combat log, you (I assume it was you) warned me not to do it again to which I agreed.

You banned me because my chat "spam", which was only me replying to all the people dissing me, was annoying you. And you didn't even warn me to stop "spamming" the chat, you just instantly banned me after saying I annoyed you. . .

edit: and even though I'm not denying that what I did was wrong, I didn't alt+f4 . . . I took the time to tell you guys I had to go, I waited few secs, then pressed Esc-Abort-disconnect. As I said, few minutes before whoever it was arrived ambushing me in a lowly manner, I was about to go to bed (it's GMT +1 where i live) and since you weren't going to come up, nothing was going to happen anyway. You can hardly expect people to just stay online when his or their attackers are just going to camp the exit but were obviously not going to do anything that was about to change that situation.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

It was not me that banned you

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Zatoichi

The whole thing has been sneaky, and deceptive, from the beginning. It's clear to me they simply saw DayZ's success, and quickly mocked up some shots from WarINC. The WarZ fanboys (which is amusing in and of itself) keep saying DayZ is "just a mod, WarZ is a game". I'm sure they'll be bending into pretzels when the actual alpha is released, and it's using WarINC assets/engine.

http://i.minus.com/ijqGO8tfucgOb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Zatoichi wrote: »
    The whole thing has been sneaky, and deceptive, from the beginning. It's clear to me they simply saw DayZ's success, and quickly mocked up some shots from WarINC. The WarZ fanboys (which is amusing in and of itself) keep saying DayZ is "just a mod, WarZ is a game". I'm sure they'll be bending into pretzels when the actual alpha is released, and it's using WarINC assets/engine.

Have you seen the images comparing WarZ to War Inc. They're using the exact same models for everything, the only thing that has been reskinned is the player menu, it still looks the same but now has a black and red theme instead of blue. I'll try find them, shouldn't be hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Zatoichi

Have you seen the images comparing WarZ to War Inc. They're using the exact same models for everything, the only thing that has been reskinned is the player menu, it still looks the same but now has a black and red theme instead of blue. I'll try find them, shouldn't be hard.

Yeah, I saw them already. People are trying to play them off as placeholders. Don't believe it for a second.

Zatoichi wrote: »
    Yeah, I saw them already. People are trying to play them off as placeholders. Don't believe it for a second.

yeh, WarZ fanboys are going to get scammed...

ktulu123 wrote: »
    It was not me that banned you

Is there someone in particular I have to appeal to to plead for an unban? =)

eurofoxy wrote: »
    yeah the first one was funny as i had no ammo for my pistol so it took ags to swith to my main weapon..
    the second time you came over the hill carrying an axe i was at the bottom of the hill taking on some cans, i had to drop ya sorry as i was still a bit pumped from earlier..

Hate to say it man but that wasn't me, I don't pick up axes :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

Hey, when is IE1 being updated to 1.7.2.6?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement