Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

haha! I was talking the piss with that, but yeah we really wana do some server events. We have guys working on some vehicle spawn scripts, mappings scripts etc.. Would be cool to do a Hunger Games type thing too. Maybe a quad bike race...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Easy enough once battleye is disabled on the server so you don't get Auto banned :D

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭philc1974

Dont lie!, everyone bails when they take fire in Dayz, they dont want to lose their prized weapons

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

philc1974 wrote: »
    Dont lie!, everyone bails when they take fire in Dayz, they dont want to lose their prized weapons

No. Anyone who does that gets banned from our server.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Chabu 2

No. Anyone who does that gets banned from our server.

as if, i've played on IE1 enough, had more than a few combat logs, lately nobody just gives a damn . .

• Advertisement

You know what i mean!

Is it possible to get unbanned plox? :S I'm suffering from withdrawel :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

IE1 updated to 1.7.2.6 and Beta 96836

If its not populating.

Dynamic Zombie Sandbox or Wasteland will go up on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

You know what i mean!

No,no I do not.

Explain please?

Alt tab then close program also ctrl alt delete is another way as is "connection lost"...exploits

you know exactly what i mean mate!

• Advertisement

Alt tab then close program also ctrl alt delete is another way as is "connection lost"...exploits

you know exactly what i mean mate!

As I said. If you're caught doing that on our server you will be named, shamed and banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

We have much better ability on the Lingor Server to track down disconnectors. We can look and see much more detail than just, this person left the server at xx:xx PM so therefore is a disconnecter.

In future, on Lingor if you could give us details like; Time, Place, Gear, Camo, Estimated Damage. We can look into all these things, it takes a little while but we can be much more sure of our bannings.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

ktulu123 wrote: »
    I shot him with an as50 he fell to the ground and his body disappeared in front of me and I didn't get a kill. 100% alt F4 or "Connection Issues" as guys like to call it these days.

Also they accused me of hacking & scripting when it was obvious that I was not. Not a sign of a good player tbh.

if you shoot some one with a as50 there dead, no if ands or buts. that has happened to me before i dont think that was a DC. you couldn't do it that fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

dreamers75 wrote: »
    IE1 updated to 1.7.2.6 and Beta 96836

If its not populating.

Dynamic Zombie Sandbox or Wasteland will go up on it.

The beta patch you are using isn't supported by dayz commander yet, so don't expect to much traffic until it is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

We have much better ability on the Lingor Server to track down disconnectors. We can look and see much more detail than just, this person left the server at xx:xx PM so therefore is a disconnecter.

In future, on Lingor if you could give us details like; Time, Place, Gear, Camo, Estimated Damage. We can look into all these things, it takes a little while but we can be much more sure of our bannings.

ummm i can make "XXXXX disconnected" flash up with the chat if you want.

Oddly never occured to me to turn that on before :o

if you shoot some one with a as50 there dead, no if ands or buts. that has happened to me before i dont think that was a DC. you couldn't do it that fast.

Not if you shoot through trees apparently it reduces the bullet damage.

I've often been hit by an AS50 round and I hit the ground with a broken bone etc, with a 5 second pause before it says I've been killed. Easily enough time to Alt+F4.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DeBlanka

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Not if you shoot through trees apparently it reduces the bullet damage.

This shows that it doesn't reduce bullet damage enough. If it can kill somebody through two doors how could bushes or a tree reduce it by ~70% so someone has time to DC. And in saying that, if you were shooting through a tree how do you know you hit him? I know that whether you hit him or not has little to do with him DCing, but if your side of the story doesn't hold up fully how certain are you that you know exactly what happened. For example, I commited my first murder a few nights ago, he died as I riddled him with bullets. I didn't get the kill added to my debug menu, my humanity didn't change and his body landed mostly sunk into the ground. If I wasn't 6 ft away from him it would've looked like he disappeared.

Don't get me wrong, this isn't only directed at you, Genghiz Cohen made the same claim back a few pages about getting shot from an AS-50.. but he had other evidence aside from the AS50 shot to back up his (most likely warranted) ban.

Overall, I think the banning system should be clarified and clear rules be set in place. This hopefully should shut up Chubby 2 or whatever-the-feck-his-name-is from pleading here every second post asking to be unbanned. Some ideas:

*No disconnecting within 5 mins of hearing shots in your area if the shooter is still alive.
    *Maximum of three messages on screen at one time (prevent spam)
    *Using Side Chat Voice options on purpose after being warned once. (mistakes can happen)
    *1 week ban for first offences and perma-ban afterwards for non-contributing players of the server. Two or three chances for those who donated?
    *If a DC is brought to the attention of an admin, the person who lost out on the kill has no input into whether they are to be banned or not.

Thoughts anyone?

No point crying about it anyways. Rocket are introducing a system where by when you disconnect, by menu or alt+f4 you will be left in game from 10-30 seconds. Which will mean no one will be able to abort a death and re connect with all his/her gear.

Patience lads, patience :)

Not bad ideas.

On the first part, I shot him through some trees saw the bullet hit him and he fell to the ground bleeding, I was expecting a kill but the body disappeared. I'm pretty experienced with shooting guys with the AS50 and it can take a couple seconds to register the death.

• Advertisement

I've often been hit by an AS50 round and I hit the ground with a broken bone etc, with a 5 second pause before it says I've been killed. Easily enough time to Alt+F4.

I know you record some of your gameplay, so by any chance do you have footage of it happening? I'm not trying to call you out on it, I'm actually genuinely interested as all the evidence I see online indicates otherwise.

Once you die the server scoreboard shows immediately (why streamers have a black box on their screen as there isn't enough time to black it out after it happens.) Whenever I get shot by an AS50 I know it because my blood us usually ~ -24,000 so there's absolutely no chance of DCing

EDIT: That last line makes it sound like I would think about DCing (Or doing a "Ted" as they say :P ). I'm sure regulars on the server have seen "DeBlanka has died" enough times to realise there's no real point haha

DeBlanka wrote: »
    I know you record some of your gameplay, so by any chance do you have footage of it happening? I'm not trying to call you out on it, I'm actually genuinely interested as all the evidence I see online indicates otherwise.

Once you die the server scoreboard shows immediately (why streamers have a black box on their screen as there isn't enough time to black it out after it happens.) Whenever I get shot by an AS50 I know it because my blood us usually ~ -24,000 so there's absolutely no chance of DCing

EDIT: That last line makes it sound like I would think about DCing (Or doing a "Ted" as they say :P ). I'm sure regulars on the server have seen "DeBlanka has died" enough times to realise there's no real point haha

Haha no prob, this is the only footage I have of it happening to me at the moment. I bin most of my footage when I have used it to make a video :)

Skip into 18:30 if you wish to see it!! As you can see, I got shot while in map, and it hung for a good few seconds, easily enough time for me to alt+f4.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    ummm i can make "XXXXX disconnected" flash up with the chat if you want.

Oddly never occured to me to turn that on before :o

I tried, but the idea fail on the point that the person actually has to disconnect from the server for the message to show up (AFAIK), moving to the lobby won't do that.
    But moving to the will update the DB and we can look there for details.

This shows that it doesn't reduce bullet damage enough. If it can kill somebody through two doors how could bushes or a tree reduce it by ~70% so someone has time to DC. And in saying that, if you were shooting through a tree how do you know you hit him? I know that whether you hit him or not has little to do with him DCing, but if your side of the story doesn't hold up fully how certain are you that you know exactly what happened. For example, I commited my first murder a few nights ago, he died as I riddled him with bullets. I didn't get the kill added to my debug menu, my humanity didn't change and his body landed mostly sunk into the ground. If I wasn't 6 ft away from him it would've looked like he disappeared.

Don't get me wrong, this isn't only directed at you, Genghiz Cohen made the same claim back a few pages about getting shot from an AS-50.. but he had other evidence aside from the AS50 shot to back up his (most likely warranted) ban.

Overall, I think the banning system should be clarified and clear rules be set in place. This hopefully should shut up Chubby 2 or whatever-the-feck-his-name-is from pleading here every second post asking to be unbanned. Some ideas:

*No disconnecting within 5 mins of hearing shots in your area if the shooter is still alive.
    *Maximum of three messages on screen at one time (prevent spam)
    *Using Side Chat Voice options on purpose after being warned once. (mistakes can happen)
    *1 week ban for first offences and perma-ban afterwards for non-contributing players of the server. Two or three chances for those who donated?
    *If a DC is brought to the attention of an admin, the person who lost out on the kill has no input into whether they are to be banned or not.

Thoughts anyone?

It's cause I got banned for the chat spam, not the DC, now get off your high horse

Simple first draft of a rules enforcement survey.
    Just to get a feel for the general consensus.
    There will be more surveys going into more detail once the basic rules framework is laid out.

As said before, your server, your rules.

Haha no prob, this is the only footage I have of it happening to me at the moment. I bin most of my footage when I have used it to make a video :)

Skip into 18:30 if you wish to see it!! As you can see, I got shot while in map, and it hung for a good few seconds, easily enough time for me to alt+f4.

Point proven! :D
    Since your health was down to -17,000 I wonder what would happen if you DCed. Would you respawn in the debug planes?:confused:

Chabu 2 wrote: »
    It's cause I got banned for the chat spam, not the DC, now get off your high horse

I'm not on any high horse sir, you're just wrecking my fcukin head with all you posts complaining about being banned/asking to be unbanned/ siht-stirring of others mentioning Alt-F4ing.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Roorah

Anyone else having trouble with logging in unconscious? It started happening after I respawned after being killed by an axe. Logged on this morning and went unconscious. Just after hopping on now and im down again. And I didnt even get injured the last time I logged

Roorah wrote: »
    Anyone else having trouble with logging in unconscious? It started happening after I respawned after being killed by an axe. Logged on this morning and went unconscious. Just after hopping on now and im down again. And I didnt even get injured the last time I logged

Yeah, its a known bug.
    Morphine and Painkillers before logging out fixes it for most.

I'm not on any high horse sir,

that right there says you are ^.^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

Roorah wrote: »

that happens to me all the time now, i spawn back in after being killing and i go out cold. it is really pissing me off :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement