Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

what versions are working for the ie servers. i tried to get on one earlier and got kicked straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Chabu 2

LOL i'm a crow as well, wicked

Wish i could peck people's eyes out tho

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭PandyAndy

Was that you following the pickup truck outside electro?

PandyAndy wrote: »
    Was that you following the pickup truck outside electro?

Yeshhhhh =D

ok now, see, not that being a crow n all isn't truly wicked. But how do I fix this and play like i should play it? =D

who's the guy with tulban and mk 48 in elektro that i'm stalking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭PandyAndy

Did somebody get into it? I was flying above and saw it just take off. Looked weird.

HAHAHA stalking V1bez as a crow, he tried to shoot me with his LMG, then tried to take off on his bike but I was right on his tail, and then somehow he fell off the bike and died, so now i'm sitting next to his body eating NOMNOM

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

wasteland

Description:
    Wasteland is a post apocalyptic sandbox that evolved from Dynamic Zombies Sandbox by Craig/bobtom. Wasteland is a game mode that gives players a more PVP feel on the large map Chernarus.
    The main objective of Wasteland is to scavenge for supplies, weapons vehicles and defend yourself against other factions. There are four factions in Wasteland (Blufor,Opfor,Civilian,Raiders).
    Civilians are given a choice if they want to work as a team with other civilians or go 'rogue' and become a blood thirsty raider leaving no survivors and taking what they want. While Wasteland is TVT focused
    there are AI factions called 'Raiders' that spawn at side missions and will roam the wastes searching for targets. These AI are deadly and will kill you in a heart beat!

Features:
    - Scavenging system: Scavenge for food, water, and guns
    - Dynamic Vehicles & Objects to build bases with
    - real-time base building capabilities by using R3F Logistics with modifications
    - Survival like system: Enables hunger and dehydration
    - Gun stores
    - Spawn beacons for a mobile spawn for yourself
    - Dynamic Environment
    - Anti Teleport for cheaters (read notes)

Known Issues:
    Side missions: Side some side missions sometime bugs out, side missions weren't the primary focus of this version but in the upcoming versions I hope to revise them.
    Player Menu: Every now an then (rarely) the player menu will bug out for JIP clients preventing them from opening the menu, for a fix just rejoin.
    FPS Lag: Every now an then when the server starts with a lot of players (30+) most suffer from frame lag, can be fixed by using left shift + minus via numpad and typing F L U S H.

Notes:
    Player Menu: The player menu is a virtual gear menu which can be accessed by using the ~ key next your 1 key on your keyboard. This menu is very important, if it doesn't pull up then try reconnecting, some users experience issues with this.

Wasteland virtually works the same as Dynamic Zombie Sandbox by Craig/bobtom, it can work dynamically on any map although currently there are a few things preventing it from going from island-to-island by not editing it via the mission editor which is the gun stores and AEG markers, in the upcoming releases I plan to have a preset for various different islands where a user can play Wasteland on. Please note that wasteland is not intended to be ran as a 'listen' server as this was mainly built for team vs team but does have some AI encounters to liven the mood so its main purpose is dedicated servers. Also within Wasteland virtually any addon based vehicle or weapon will work with Wasteland just by loading the server with the mod and the clients.

With the coming updates I want to expand upon the side missions and improve upon them. Along with that I want to make the roaming AI more fluenent and dynamic along with various
    dynamic skill changes upon each AI and have certain groups of AI for various rolls and also expand upon the hunger system and add more effects for the more hungerier you get and dehydrated.

Wasteland has a built in anti-teleport script which will report players to the server's RPT log with the syntax: TP-LOG: playername:uid:distance:isvehicle, now this isn't always 100% accurate due to player-to-player desync but usually if the distance is greater then 300 meters then you may have a cheater, use your judgement as a server admin, but either way that person will teleport back to their previous position.

Requirements:
    ArmA 2: Combined Operations

Credits & Thanks:
    R3F Logistics - R3F Team
    Tire Fix Script (TFS) - _neo_
    DynamicWeatherEffects.sqf - Engima of Ostgota Ops
    AEG (ArmA Electrical Grids) - Loyalguard
    Xeno for giving some beginner tips in the beginning to help optimize it
    Craig/bobtom for creating DZS (Dynamic Zombie Sandbox) which gave birth to this sandbox and his scripts for the base template.

Downloads:
    Dev-Heaven
    Armafiles.info (My Server)

Issues? Feedback? Contact me!
    Tonic@taw.net

For bug reports please also submit RPT logs and describe the issue in detail.

Wait, anything about being a crow????

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

Where the f*ck do you's find your arma versions? Every time you update its either not on Dayzcommander or not on the list here: http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

Such a inconvenience, could you's not just use one that is supported by DayZCommander. Anyone be able to tell me where I can find 96838?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

Always has to be ruined by some hacking arse.

Where the f*ck do you's find your arma versions? Every time you update its either not on Dayzcommander or not on the list here: http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

Such a inconvenience, could you's not just use one that is supported by DayZCommander. Anyone be able to tell me where I can find 96838?

beats me . . When I first got Dayz Commander for Takistan I was like 'WOW this is really great i'm glad i got this'

now ... not so much, can't even ****ing play lingor by launching it through dayz commander, I have to put in launch code first

Chabu 2 wrote: »
    beats me . . When I first got Dayz Commander for Takistan I was like 'WOW this is really great i'm glad i got this'

now ... not so much, can't even ****ing play lingor by launching it through dayz commander, I have to put in launch code first

And when I do get in I'm a bird. And before anyone says switch teams from Blufor to Opfor etc, I have done this and i'm still a bird.

Would anyone care to explain how this is fixed?

And when I do get in I'm a bird. And before anyone says switch teams from Blufor to Opfor etc, I have done this and i'm still a bird.

Would anyone care to explain how this is fixed?

just asked the same thing, even tho it's fun the first 5 minutes (worlds first realistic crow simulator ftw) it gets old pretty fast, and I too would like to know how to play normal

BTW maka whats your steam name?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

Why is it that ARMA 2 multiplayer modes have to be so "complex". You'd have to study on how to play before you play.

Can we not just have what we are all used to from other games, but with the great engine?

Can IE1 not just become a private hive server for DayZ? That would be absolute beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Can't find IE1 in 6launcher

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Can't find IE1 in 6launcher

Its running Wasteland now. Just launch the game normally.

Why is it that ARMA 2 multiplayer modes have to be so "complex". You'd have to study on how to play before you play.

Can we not just have what we are all used to from other games, but with the great engine?
    Go play those games, the ARMA engine is the worst part to be honest. If your talking about TD or something those modes are out there.

IE1 passworded due to the A10 war that happened.

Private Dayz Cherno server?

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »

Cherno's kinda boring at this point unless new things are added. I think overall DayZ is getting a bit dull due to the same thing over and over again.

dreamers75 wrote: »

Private DayZ Chernarus server with loads of vehicles :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

Private DayZ Chernarus server with loads of vehicles :D

couple of attack helicopters and a few planes...

what happened earlier on the wasteland? whats this about an a10 war? was it just loads of them spawned in by a hacker...

Me playing some Utes. Very action packed map. Not much happens in part 1 apart from a few encounters and that. The youtuber PsiSyndicate actually plays on this server. Met up with some of his team towards the end, all seemed a nice bunch of lads, pity not every DayZ player is like that :P

2nd part, more action in this one. I wouldn't mind seeing IE1 going to Utes/Takistan for a few days. Both are great fun and something different.

Found this brilliant, easily done you may say, but this turned out quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ELJeff

That was going well until makadonveli decided to run over a few ai and they turned on us! :P

ELJeff wrote: »
    That was going well until makadonveli decided to run over a few ai and they turned on us! :P

Never be forgiven, besides we where in a tank at the time haha.

Anyways, on wasteland. It gets boring real quick. Just not the same as DayZ.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ELJeff

Ya i think wasteland needs to be a constantly busy server to be enjoyable

Wasteland working now with player menu.

• Advertisement

You managed to fix being a crow then? do tell me how D=

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement