Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

hay lads here is the video of the chopper thing that went on earlier

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNFmbCvEGnM&list=UUWTjye3GOXjTZBloSH1u9xA&index=1&feature=plcp
    watch the vid at 6.02 player logged in at the top of your screen, id say a few people logged in while you were there and started shooting, then the one loggin in on your screen runs as soon as he lands.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

At 700 meters the M24 is a bit ****e with headshots isn't it? :P It wasn't those guys....

They were the most boring helicopter lads i've ever seen. They only flew above 600 meters and never once took a chance to shoot anybody. We were driving around looking for a fight with them for ages. I think they left the helicopter on debug island and logged off their. Unfortunately for them when they log in again they will be on the coast down south

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

cheers man, seems everyone thinks it was them. looking back on it now them giving me the gun but no bullets should have given me a alert straight away.:eek:

Did they arrange where the deal would take place? It seems like little more than a coincidence that a a Sniper would be zeroed in exactly on that location and prepared to fire the moment the transaction was complete.

Also, the moment they said that they didn't actually have the weapons they promised, I knew that things were going to spiral out of control pretty quickly!

Ok I will tell the story of what happened. My squad mate saw these guys at one of the race tracks, as he had no gear he could not engage them. I made my way down from the north to meet with him. But by the time I got their they had gone. Chewy then said on chat that he found a helicopter & they started to organize the trade. I knew these lads had nothing on them worth trading.

As soon as they said they were at the castle I ran and got into position about 700 meters away. I shot chewy in his head and he went down and the rest of the lads scattered and ran to the helicopter and took off. I put a few rounds into it but not enough to take it out.

If only I had an as50 this would of all been over in seconds :P

Lessons to be learned:

1. Don't use side chat to organize any meeting points as I will most likely come for your beans
    2. I'm a complete arse hole in game :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Downloaded the DayZ commander, its way better than 6 launcher.

Played a bit of Lingor tonight, was fun, had to stop early enough though.

Couldn't find IE2, unless ie2 is vet, is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Chabu 2 wrote: »
    Right, we'll do this later, but I WILL prove to you that I passed out by zombies

All that will do is show you logged out while bleeding.
    It will not show what caused the bleeding.
    It will not show that you heard shots incoming.

If you did intentionally combat log, then when faced with the choice of losing your gear or getting banned, losing your gear is the smart choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

will not show that you heard shots incoming.
    If you did intentionally combat log, then when faced with the choice of losing your gear or getting banned, losing your gear is the smart choice.

but the guy was banned last week, and was only allowed back in a few days ago, and now this happens, no one can prove if he heard the shots or not, but there are more people saying that they had him surrounded, so it was not a case of 1v1, the evidence suggests a tactical alt f4 or similar, second offence in less than a week...

Chabu i have no problem with you, never even encountered you in game, but to be quite honest this type of behaviour is whats wrong with the game, you were beaten fair and square and instead of dying you chickened out..

and this coming on the back of your previous ban, if it was me i would give you a permanent ban and also ban you from this forum to prevent you bitching about this constantly. but its not my decision i will leave that up to the lads who do a lot of work keeping the servers online for us to play on..

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Chabu 2

All that will do is show you logged out while bleeding.
    It will not show what caused the bleeding.
    It will not show that you heard shots incoming.

Not only will it show me bleeding it will show me passed out, from freaking zombies.When you're basically surrounded & being hit by zombies it's kinda hard to hear any possible shots, which I didn't. I had no reason to suspect anyone else was around, all rinzler said was that someone was on the way to kill me. But for all I knew that was just taunts . . .

Not only will it show me bleeding it will show me passed out, from freaking zombies.When you're basically surrounded & being hit by zombies it's kinda hard to hear any possible shots, which I didn't. I had no reason to suspect anyone else was around, all rinzler said was that someone was on the way to kill me. But for all I knew that was just taunts . . .

It will not show why you were bleeding and passed out.

With the given evidence we have no way to confirm or debunk your claims.
    So what do we do?

I'm sure he did pass out from zombies. But he was under fire at the time. Vti saw him move away when one of his shots landed near him & hawkeye shot as50 rounds at him. Don't know how you manage not to hear them tbh.

• Advertisement

ktulu123 wrote: »
    I'm sure he did pass out from zombies. But he was under fire at the time. Vti saw him move away when one of his shots landed near him & hawkeye shot as50 rounds at him. Don't know how you manage not to hear them tbh.

Oh I think he did too, but he seems to think that him logging in will clear him of all charges.

how about a vote?
    all the boardsies can have an opinion then...

can make it a simple as thumbs up for a certqain post... timelimit of 24 hours or something...

to be honest he probably deserves the benefit of the doubt, and a final warning..

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

No offence, eurofoxy but I dont give a **** about a vote...the only reason Im on the fence about banning him is that I dont want all you guys affected by his relentless bitching and moaning.

If trolling this board was grounds for a ban, he would be banned from both of our servers...

_vti wrote: »
    No offence, eurofoxy but I dont give a **** about a vote...the only reason Im on the fence about banning him is that I dont want all you guys affected by his relentless bitching and moaning.

If trolling this board was grounds for a ban, he would be banned from both of our servers...

i feel the same, thats why above i did say if we ban him from the server we ban him from this swell, as the reoccuring theme of the last few pages are him and his ban...
    i think too much time has been wasted on it already, and i think we should follow our rules that we all agreed on, which is alt f4 =ban.. end of story...

but i do think we make it clear, come on here moaning about it and it gets extended as this bull**** cannot continue...

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Chabu 2

Oh I think he did too, but he seems to think that him logging in will clear him of all charges.

this just proves you guys only read what you want to read, I specifically said I did hear some shots, but that was before I killed Rinzler, after that I was trying to make myself scarce. Those first shots could have been as50 or otherwise, I don't know. All i'm saying is that AFTER I killed Rinzler I did NOT hear anymore shots.

And eurofox i think you need to stay out of it, as you were not present you don't have any clue of what you're talking about. And you call what I'm doing "moaning & bitching", but when you moan&bitch like that it's justified? How big is the ladder you need to get on that high horse eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Roorah

So Solnichy is gone on the IE1 server..... thats humbling

this just proves you guys only read what you want to read, I specifically said I did hear some shots, but that was before I killed Rinzler, after that I was trying to make myself scarce. Those first shots could have been as50 or otherwise, I don't know. All i'm saying is that AFTER I killed Rinzler I did NOT hear anymore shots.

Where did I contradict you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Why do people bother altF4ing? youre only gonna log back on and bleed out anyway, i really dont see the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭ondafly

D
    Tea_Bag wrote: »
    Why do people bother altF4ing? youre only gonna log back on and bleed out anyway, i really dont see the point.

Cowards way out alright. Happened me recently. Sniper took out 3 o my group. I flanked around and had a dead shot on him with my l85 and as soon as the first shot hit he quit out.

And eurofox i think you need to stay out of it, as you were not present you don't have any clue of what you're talking about. And you call what I'm doing "moaning & bitching", but when you moan&bitch like that it's justified? How big is the ladder you need to get on that high horse eh?

oh my sincere apologies, welcome to our server, cheat as much as you want..but only you as you seem to think the rules dont apply to you....

people have been permanently banned for less...

oh and my high horse, buddy you have no idea how high my horse is...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Anyone here play Takistan Life Revolution?

Really good RP Mod for Arma.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Yeah I've been playing it a while now. Unfortunately it's somewhat ruined by people constantly complaining over global and generally inept players but it can be a good laugh with the right people.

Im super noobish at it,got so pissed off earlier when I got knocked out and robbed :/

what is it? whats the goal?

No goal,you can do many things like,be a cop and be able to arrest people,be a terrorist,a drug dealer,go fishing.

So many things to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Roorah

No goal,you can do many things like,be a cop and be able to arrest people,be a terrorist,a drug dealer,go fishing.

So many things to do.

We can only assume from the name you just do the last thing :P

I wouldnt mind giving it a shout if we had a group some time

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

I don't know about you guys but in my opinion when you are under attack by people of zombies you should never log out to save gear, on the people front it's just cowardly and the zombies it is your own fault, you should have been more careful or if you started it with them you have no excuse to log, if they got the better of you then you lost and they won end of. ONLY COWARDS log full stop!!!!

I'd log out the odd time when im in the middle of nowhere and getting sick of zombies chasing me from a town 10 miles back,not in a city/town,because you never know if something like the above is happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

I'd log out the odd time when im in the middle of nowhere and getting sick of zombies chasing me from a town 10 miles back,not in a city/town,because you never know if something like the above is happening.

still dont think thats right, you were sloppy and got them after you then it is only right to get ride of them (out run the, or kill them). and zombies arent really that hard to get rid of anyway.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

To be fair on Chabu, I have played with him ton's on Takistan and he has never combat logged.

He has been shot in the legs, leaving him with 3k blood and a broken bone, shot on a roof, only to take out the dude shooting at him. And I have video evidence of this, which I'll have up on youtube in the next few days.

AS50's aren't as easy to hear as an M107 either, people go on and on, all you hear is a crack and a snap if the bullet comes near you. Unlike the M107 which sounds like a cannon.

I doubt he combat logged, of course people all in the same squad are gonna say he did, even more so after he just took out one of there mates.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement