Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Chabu 2

To be fair on Chabu, I have played with him don's on Takistan and he has never combat logged.

He has been shot in the legs, leaving him with 3k blood and a broken bone, shot on a roof, only to take out the dude shooting at him. And I have video evidence of this, which I'll have up on youtube in the next few days.

AS50's aren't as easy to hear as an M107 either, people go on and on, all you hear is a crack and a snap if the bullet comes near you. Unlike the M107 which sounds like a cannon.

I doubt he combat logged, of course people all in the same squad are gonna say he did, even more so after he just took out one of there mates.

<3

but again, if it makes you feel better i'll let you kill me rofl. But I did not combat log

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

Just updated to the latest Beta Patch, and now I'm getting kicked for "Unknown Game Version".

This isn't just on Lingor but also the Vanilla game, as well as regular DayZ.

Is it possible to roll back, or do I need to do fresh install?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

Just updated to the latest Beta Patch, and now I'm getting kicked for "Unknown Game Version".

This isn't just on Lingor but also the Vanilla game, as well as regular DayZ.

Is it possible to roll back, or do I need to do fresh install?

use dayz commander, you can switch between Beta versions quite easily

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

platinums wrote: »
    use dayz commander, you can switch between Beta versions quite easily

I just deleted the Beta folder and then rolled back the drivers. Everything's work fine again.

Knowing Arma, I just assumed that it would be a pointlessly convoluted process! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,208 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I've played with chabu for ages and I don't believe he combat logged, he's never done it at any stage I've been playing with him. As for logging when getting killed by zombies I think thats fair enough. I do it all the time. If if I spent ages collecting loads of good gear there's no way I'm just gonna sit there and lose it all because of a few f*cking zombies.

On a more important note, why the f*ck can't connect to ie2 lingor server? Is it running the latest versions of arma and dayz? I've had no trouble connecting to any other lingor servers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

MadYaker wrote: »
    I've played with chabu and I don't believe he combat logged, he's never done it at any stage I've been playing with him. As for logging when getting killed by zombies I think thats fair enough. I do it all the time. If if I spent ages collecting loads of good gear there's no way I'm just gonna sit there and lose it all because of a few f*cking zombies

if you are getting chased by zombies it is because you set them off, and you should except the consequences. no matter if you have spent 3 days getting your stuff of just spawned 3 min before, zombies are in the game to kill you and if they do then thats the object of the game, just cos you dont like it doesnt make it wrong. logging at any time is a pussy move. but that is just my humble opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Harbringer

Dear Rinzler,
    I am not sure if you are reading this thread but I would like to apologize on behalf of myself and my group for what went on during our time on the server tonight. As generally friendly to all players we didn't enjoy being hunted which it very much seemed like you were purposefully doing and specifically us. You have so far ruined Chewythefirsts meet up with us twice so I'm sure you can see the irritation on our part. Some things that were said shouldn't have been but some of those in the group were annoyed due to having worked on those vehicles all day. The nature of DayZ went over our heads and anger was what fuelled our comments. So once again sorry and at the end of the day all is fair in DayZ and you got us.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

if you are getting chased by zombies it is because you set them off, and you should except the consequences. no matter if you have spent 3 days getting your stuff of just spawned 3 min before, zombies are in the game to kill you and if they do then thats the object of the game, just cos you dont like it doesnt make it wrong. logging at any time is a pussy move. but that is just my humble opinion.

I agree, if you're DC'ing when you get zombie mob you're only breeding in that behaviour to yourself. If you're known for zed logging whats to say your twitch reaction isn't to log when you get shot at by a player.

There is a mature player base for Arma drawn to the realism and specific mechanics that the game brings, you cant log out IRL so better to train your self to accept the consequences of getting shot at and killed. I think most of the people on Boards who participate in the server will agree on this.

I lost a M4 CCO and A DMR in my backpack today (good kit for me and hard got), because i wasn't paranoid enough and didn't look behind me, I had plenty of time to DC, after being shot the first time but what was more beneficial was to learn the lesson with the consequence of dying. Now go out and re equip the hard way.

Anyway you only get so many chances on Dayz boards and once you have a name for it, well your in the firing line and you probably put yourself in that position yourself.

On another Note Dayz LittleBirds,,now thats coOl. Skip to 1.39

• Registered Users Posts: 12,208 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Well as honourable as you guys all sound I honestly don't believe there is one of you that wouldn't log out when getting killed by zombies to avoid losing your precious as50 or L85 or whatever it is you spent the last few days gathering. Its common sense imo as long as you're certain you aren't being tailed by another player at the time. Getting killed by a player is completely different, if they have got the better of you and you are dead/dieing thats fair enough and they are entitled to get the kill and your gear so I would never log out. Thats how you learn to play more carefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I doubt he combat logged, of course people all in the same squad are gonna say he did, even more so after he just took out one of there mates.

Well, if you are free to question our credibility.

Who's to say that you 3 know that Chabu logged but just want to keep playing on the Boards server?

Double edged sword.

• Advertisement

Well, if you are free to question our credibility.

Who's to say that you 3 know that Chabu logged but just want to keep playing on the Boards server?

Double edged sword.

Who says the guys that accused me know I didn't combatlog but just wanted my gear and try to get me back for it?

There's another double edged sword for you right there sonny

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

Chabu 2 wrote: »
    Who says the guys that accused me know I didn't combatlog but just wanted my gear and try to get me back for it?

Oh yes, I'd much rather have your CZ-550 than my AS-50...

Its a pity I didnt think of Fraps'in the encounter, then at least that way I could have shown the M16 bullets impacting close to you, then you moving away to cover, then the AS50 rounds impacting on the wall right next to you, then the zombies despawning as you log out seconds later.

Also, if you exit the game normally - ESC then Abort for a legitimate log out (for reasons you stated previously - bedtime), it wouldn't have come up with the Battleye message that shows when you ALT-F4 / game crashes.

"Chabu II has been kicked by Battleye- Client Not Responding"

MadYaker wrote: »
    Well as honourable as you guys all sound I honestly don't believe there is one of you that wouldn't log out when getting killed by zombies to avoid losing your precious as50 or L85 or whatever it is you spent the last few days gathering. Its common sense imo as long as you're certain you aren't being tailed by another player at the time. Getting killed by a player is completely different, if they have got the better of you and you are dead/dieing thats fair enough and they are entitled to get the kill and your gear so I would never log out. Thats how you learn to play more carefully.

That is the biggest lid of crap, all I hear there is you trying to justify cheating. That's all it is mate. I have personally lost a as50 to a zombie attack, I ran up the wrong building an got trapped, that hasn't happend since THAT'S HOW YOU LEARN!!!! Anyone that agrees with you is in my opinion a CHEATING PUSSY.

Do you even understand what I meant by double edged sword?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

That is the biggest lid of crap, all I hear there is you trying to justify cheating. That's all it is mate. I have personally lost a as50 to a zombie attack, I ran up the wrong building an got trapped, that hasn't happend since THAT'S HOW YOU LEARN!!!! Anyone that agrees with you is in my opinion a CHEATING PUSSY.

same goes here...the thought doesn't even cross my mind.
    The other night I came out of a barrack, a zombie came flying into me and broke my leg. within seconds the other zombies were on me but I lost consciousness and didn't revive in time :(
    I had a M24/M4-SD, Morphone/blood bags, cooked meat and a ghillie suit which I lost completely.
    I respawned and began the long trek north to hopefully regain my gear and I did in the end after approx 2 hours...but it was a fun 2 hours :D

Now who's on tonight for some killing :D

Blazer wrote: »

You volunteering?

Is this just me or this happen to everyone else? When I spawn new and kill a few zombies and then kill a few people and change to a bandit I lose all my stats zombie kills and murders or bandit kills. Then if I change back after not killing anyone for a while I lose it all over again, any stats I get as the bandit.

Really pissinh me off, last night I had about 50 zombie kills and a murder then I killed another guy and it got wiped clean then got about 30 zombie kills and changed back and it got wiped again (plus I looked bad ass as a bandit).

Blazer wrote: »
    same goes here...the thought doesn't even cross my mind.
    The other night I came out of a barrack, a zombie came flying into me and broke my leg. within seconds the other zombies were on me but I lost consciousness and didn't revive in time :(
    I had a M24/M4-SD, Morphone/blood bags, cooked meat and a ghillie suit which I lost completely.
    I respawned and began the long trek north to hopefully regain my gear and I did in the end after approx 2 hours...but it was a fun 2 hours :D

Yea it happend to me earlly yesterday I had a load of good gear m16 with a grenade launcher frag map gps toolbox camo gear Alice pack blood bags a tone of clips and I was in a car crash, didn't die but I was bleeding out so I jumped out to bandage myself and I didn't see this zombie run up and knock me down, I had plenty of time to log but didn't just excepted that this **** happens and got on with the game.

Also I will be on tonight but I will doing the hunting :)

You volunteering?

bring it on :D

Do you even understand what I meant by double edged sword?

If you use it wrong, nop

• Advertisement

If you use it wrong, nop

Go on then, explain it to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Go on then, explain it to me.
    feed_trolls.gif

hacker on lingor, alexurban3p
    he is getting killed by people and spawning right were he died and killing them. it has happened to me twice and halkeye once now if there is a mod that can do somthing about it i have lost 2 as50 because of him one i got from a downed chopper and one i got from a guy i killed yesterday, we all know how hard it is to find a downed chopper and get good **** and how hard it is to find as50's :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

VTI is banning him now

ktulu123 wrote: »
    VTI is banning him now

thanks lads:D it doesnt get my as50s back but it was worth it to get that **** kicked, i dont know how they find that fun?????

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Yeah they are annoying, myself and vti encountered a lad like that before up at the prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Mc Ginnis_BMR

hacker on lingor, alexurban3p
    he is getting killed by people and spawning right were he died and killing them. it has happened to me twice and halkeye once now if there is a mod that can do somthing about it i have lost 2 as50 because of him one i got from a downed chopper and one i got from a guy i killed yesterday, we all know how hard it is to find a downed chopper and get good **** and how hard it is to find as50's :mad:

I Second this, i seen hawkeye die if not twice by this guy.
    And Chewy a few times also.

he even typed out "Hawkiy ??" and then a split second later hawkeye dies.
    then he teleported across the map to kill chewy typing "Dieee" after it.

I knew i was next on the Hit list. "pimp must not know who i am !"

i get into position nothing behind me but ocean on the island of Pista on the roof of the Drug Lords Mansion. there was 2 downed helis here also, im scanning the horizon and also behind me cause im expecting him to teleport near me. Sure enough i look down over the ledge of the roof and who do i see walking up the bank. "Boom Headshot !"

Mc Ginnis is "The Hacker Killer"
    Dont Mess with the Boards

2012091800003.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

Farewell to all ya here who I know from in-game battles.

Off to Oz in the morning for a year, so you's wont have to worry about me trying to ambush you for a UAZ near Vybor, me spawning in when your raiding my camp with the chopper in Grishino, or combat logging when I have you pinned with an AS50 in Marukro lol :)

Its been fun....

Good luck to ya all!

^^ best of luck down under Hawkeye...enjoy yourself over there and take care.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

Farewell to all ya here who I know from in-game battles.

Off to Oz in the morning for a year, so you's wont have to worry about me trying to ambush you for a UAZ near Vybor, me spawning in when your raiding my camp with the chopper in Grishino, or combat logging when I have you pinned with an AS50 in Marukro lol :)

Its been fun....

Good luck to ya all!

best of luck out there man!

when i went, i had the best time of my life! hope you find it awesome :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement