Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Blazer wrote: »
    talk to people and see..now that Rizzler's on hols for a month it's prob safer for people :D

I have boots on the ground all the time. If the need arises I will issue kill orders...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

ktulu123 wrote: »
    I have boots on the ground all the time. If the need arises I will issue kill orders...

Sounds like something Bane would say to Batman.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Squarewave

Have people stopped playing on the ie servers or just stopped playing Dayz in general? The most people I've seen on the Lingor server in the last week has been 3..

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

Squarewave wrote: »
    Have people stopped playing on the ie servers or just stopped playing Dayz in general? The most people I've seen on the Lingor server in the last week has been 3..

search lu 269 on dayz commander, thats a good server they always hav 15 or more. i was on ther a few min ago but it was just me and you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

Personally I've stopped playing it altogether. Global hive servers are ****e and private hive servers are only good if you can play on the same one and it's busy most of the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

Yeah noticed the servers have been tumbleweed dead For the last week or so.
    For me due to study, borderlands 2 (Mainly) and fed up with the unpolished'ness of Dayz. Might just play Fully released games till rocket or warz get their **** together. Don't mind paying for a finished game as long as its the same feel as dayz.

And, things die down just as the thread reaches 10k !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Squarewave

search lu 269 on dayz commander, thats a good server they always hav 15 or more. i was on ther a few min ago but it was just me and you.

Yeah I saw that alright. I pretty much log out straight away when I see there's only 2 or 3 people online - it might as well be a single player game. Will try that server anyway

To be honest the main reason I like playing on the IE servers over other more populated ones is because of the community on here. For some reason it's more enjoyable killing/helping someone when you know them from boards, rather than when it's Bandit4Life666 or some other randomer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,208 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I agree, I miss when ie2 was just good ole chernarus and we all used to play there. Watching chewy and the chernoboyz talk ****e about stealing the chopper and then getting absolutely owned :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

MadYaker wrote: »
    I agree, I miss when ie2 was just good ole chernarus and we all used to play there. Watching chewy and the chernoboyz talk ****e about stealing the chopper and then getting absolutely owned :pac:

even me being the one getting ****ed up i still miss it as well, was just a better fell for the game. but i was just on the lu269 server and there was 32 players on it and there was a good bit of banter going on. had a battle with some guys up in the prison that went on for a bit made the night fun.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

I stopped playing because of the graphical glitches. Have they been fixed yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

IE1 going back to standard Dayz later.

IE2 Lingor seems fine?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Make IE1 a private hive though, the public ones are pointless to play on. Maybe if Fallujah turns out to be class change IE2 to that.

I can do this later?

https://github.com/dethica/Fallujah

Or scratch if hes free, i wont be home till after 11

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I'll have a poke around.
    -Scratch

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

fallujah would be pretty sweet!

needs little birds for the black hawk down feel though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Couldn't you not make it private and white list it? Then people can have a good place to play with no hackers or scripts.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

dazftw wrote: »
    Couldn't you not make it private and white list it? Then people can have a good place to play with no hackers or scripts.
    Pubs are pretty important for large server numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭422nd

Just started playing DayZ in the past few days. Where can I find the boards server, if there is one? And is it heavily based on working together? Cheers.

Hawke wrote: »
    Pubs are pretty important for large server numbers.

I'm pretty sure there's about 15 - 20 people posting on here that play dayz and those people would know more to could also join. Id happily play on a white listed boards server 24/7 and I've got 3 - 4 people who would also but don't post on here. You could easily have a server with 30 people. No hackers mean more people will play. I encounter a hacker every time I play the game now. Some friendly.. Some not so friendly.
    422nd wrote: »
    Just started playing DayZ in the past few days. Where can I find the boards server, if there is one? And is it heavily based on working together? Cheers.

If you have people you know to play with. Usually its just shoot on sight. Unless your on the coast and yer both unarmed.

If we went whitelist i would prefer if the players had a boards account (its not hard to register :p)

So 30 man white list:

1.kdjac

29 more and a few donations and we laughing :D

• Advertisement

I would even donate money if we could get it up and running.

Just playing here and half the server just got killed. Luckily my name wasn't in their little script. It's hard to enjoy the game.

dazftw wrote: »
    I would even donate money if we could get it up and running.

Just playing here and half the server just got killed. Luckily my name wasn't in their little script. It's hard to enjoy the game.

Only way to stop cheating is whitelist and even then when they cheat all you are doing is naming and shaming and banning.

Arma engine is not meant for this type of online gaming which attracts umm players of other online games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

I don't play much anymore, but might as well add my name to the list for when I do want to play.

FlyingIrishMan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

You can add me to the Whitelist, too.

- In game name is Dal gCais.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Same here..player name is Airblazer

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Also willing to play on a server that is locked and hack free!!! Would imagine there'd be a few TiG up for it as well. All the hacking and disconnectors really ruined the game for me.

Imagine the map split into 3 or 4 factions, with raids into each others territories etc. It would be epic!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

TheFairy wrote: »
    Also willing to play on a server that is locked and hack free!!! Would imagine there'd be a few TiG up for it as well. All the hacking and disconnectors really ruined the game for me.

Imagine the map split into 3 or 4 factions, with raids into each others territories etc. It would be epic!!!

Sound like Planetside 2 ;)

We need someone to admin the server, i can only really set it up. Dont have access to ban people during the day.

If anyone isnt mental and wants to be admin let us know.

Will turn on Whitelist tonight, both servers going private hive Cherno/Lingor Whitelist.

Your GUID is matched to the server when you join so setting it up will be a bit fo a pain ie you need to be kicked for me to get your GUID.

If you know your GUID pm me with and your ingame name, make it soo much easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

you can add me to the list above,

I dont mind being one of the the day to day admin, but would need some help when it comes to the harder stuff.

for the GUID how can we find that out ourselves?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Roorah

To find out what your GUID is join a BE server and type "#beclient guid".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement