Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

dazftw wrote: »
    Why don't you get rid of one of the servers and have everyone on the one? IE2 usually has about 8 or 9 people..

IE1 and IE2 are both run off the same physical server so it costs the same to run both servers as it does to run one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Jelly 292

MadYaker wrote: »
    Its hard to find a good consistent server to play on. If there is nobody playing on the servers then I guess its up to whoever is footing the bill to decide what they want to do. But I think dayz is losing popularity in general, even in the evenings there are loads of empty servers when I bring up the list in dayz commander and only a few full ones. I think the developers total failure to fix lots of glitches (the graphics bug thats been there from the start!?!?!) as well as all the hackers has put people off it. I still love it but between college and work at the weekends I barely any time for gaming these dayz.

If the server doesn't get shutdown can you guys add me to the whitelist? My ingame name is Quixoticelixer.

Yeah, I think your right about failing popularity, still I think the mod has broken vast new ground so hopefully some company/person will build on the DayZ world concept. So much potential here. Dang barbed wire.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

The mod will be popular again when the standalone is playable or one of the clones come out. The lack of updates and new content just means a steady stream of people dropping off but there will still be a core audience that was there near the beginning still playing I bet.

The mod hasn't been properly updated in the past two months, nothing new and still glitchy as hell. I doubt there will be any increase in activity until it goes stand alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

The mod hasn't been properly updated in the past two months, nothing new and still glitchy as hell. I doubt there will be any increase in activity until it goes stand alone.
    Yeah thats what im saying, nothing new and people are getting bored of the get a decent weapon and shoot others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

So we let this server run out and pick it up again when the standalone comes out?

Of course, now that the server is set up, if someone wanted to run a different game on it, I'm sure Villian would have no problem handing over the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

i cant seem to get on the server, every time i try it just hangs on the loading screen :(
    anyone any ideas????

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Unavailable

anyone still playing this game? be cool to group up etc , no one i know seems to play it anymore

what is with the boards servers, this whitelist idea seems great and it seems there is a good few people on here saying that they will play once it is set up and from what i see it is ( i just cant connect for some reason ) but i never see more than 2 on it at one time. for how popular the idea is on here no one seems to want to actually play, whats up with that????

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Unavailable

i cant see the server online at all , any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

anyone still playing this game? be cool to group up etc , no one i know seems to play it anymore

add me on steam there deaf_vision

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

what is with the boards servers, this whitelist idea seems great and it seems there is a good few people on here saying that they will play once it is set up and from what i see it is ( i just cant connect for some reason ) but i never see more than 2 on it at one time. for how popular the idea is on here no one seems to want to actually play, whats up with that????

It just feels good to be whitelisted :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭A+-Guru

Ive been absent from playing due to study....passed my exams so expect see me on over weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Bodhan

Should have known, here was I playing away on other servers and getting hacked to bits! I'll be on tonight for a kick about.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

guys, what way is it best to uninstall the whole dayz and arma? I am not playing it and no point wasting all that space on ssd. can i just remove it normal way? will there be a lot of trash files left from mod?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Chabu 2

Tried joining both but just get stuck on loading even though I can play other servers just fine.

I agree the game is getting a bit boring / repetitive on some levels (like wtf happened to the dog patch that was supposed to come out???)

What me and mah mates just do to get our kicks is go to a lingor / takistan server that's full, and just go sit at airfield / cities and snipe ppl :P
    Still got some pretty awesome squad battles and tactical moving and stuff so I can still get my adrenaline kicks, but they're starting to be so spaced out I'm eyeballing other games.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Roorah

Chabu 2 wrote: »
    ...... out I'm eyeballing other games.

Have you tried playing vanilla ARMA2?

what is the story with the server????? i keep trying to join and get stuck on loading after i get to the server list and hit ok :(

could you guys check to make sure i am on the white list please.

• they are introducing pooping as an optional concept. as in, people will have to poop and this would mean people visiting highly populated areas like Cherno would be prone to getting a disease
    • their first priority is to destroy hacking and exploiting
    • they will release the standalone before the end of the year
    • the final product won't have all the over the top stuff that we're expecting, but they'll shoot new stuff out as they finish it
    • the price will be fair (think 15€ from the past Q&A)
    • they are getting a lot of quality feedback from Valve and Notch
    • they will find a way to incorporate other maps like Takistan
    • mod will be separately developed from the standalone
    • he doesn't want to create PVE servers, or to punish pvp, but to crease such an imerse environment, so that survival is the no1 priority and pvp is just there to provide the "on the edge" feeling
    • in game items will have variables like durability, guns will jam etc.
    • clothes will be usefull, think temperature

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

/tumbleweed

fair few new maps out there for Dayz now, as reported by DayZ Commander. Panthera looks quite nice, a mix of Cherno/Lingor.

Anyone tried it?

• Advertisement

I played it for about an hour last week, kept getting kicked for ping so I left. Looked alright, pretty small and lots of hills, some nice villages here and there. Didn't get far from the coast though.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Haven't played in a month for said above reasons. Just no consistency and the community out there is not good atm. Sticking to just plain old Arma II for the time being.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

this is soo funny, DayZ Drug Dealer

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I'll be back in about 10 days time to kill people again.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Rand_alThor

Heyup
    A bit out of the blue with this, I've been a solo lurker on Chernarus since about 1.7.2.4 and have only recently had a quick look on the ei1 server (didn't seem to need to be whitelisted but it was empty whenever I've been on).
    Anyway, I recently started having a look at the new 3rd party maps and had my first go on Zargabad lastnight. Got pretty lucky with a near airfield spawn and I'm now rocking a M4A3 and an... (Uzi-like sidearm, can't remember the name of it). Only thing is I got pretty banged up in the process so I'm now in the fields west of the airfield and will be looking for some animals on next login.

But basically, anyone fancy giving this a go? I haven't got mumble setup yet but I've got the requisite hardware if needed. Been playing on;

DayZZargabad - 1.1 - (UTC-9) - (Veteran|...........) - ES - SpD|Vilayer.com.

Shoot me a PM if you're on for teaming up. I go by Homercleese on DayZ.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

ktulu123 wrote: »
    I'll be back in about 10 days time to kill people again.

Wouldn't mind getting back into this myself in a wee while.

Being a gaming procrastinator, I'm still trying to work my way through all those Steam games I bought in the last couple of months!

*Begrudgingly launches Deus Ex*

http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/

Some updates on what is happening with the standalone there.
    A few screenies of the new building interiors

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

:(

Looks like Arma 2 Engine, was hoping it was using Arma 3 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

Here's the first standalone pictures for anyone interested, courtesy of Reddit.

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/11ieq5/first_day_z_standalone_screenshots_released/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Chabu 2

Heyup
    A bit out of the blue with this, I've been a solo lurker on Chernarus since about 1.7.2.4 and have only recently had a quick look on the ei1 server (didn't seem to need to be whitelisted but it was empty whenever I've been on).
    Anyway, I recently started having a look at the new 3rd party maps and had my first go on Zargabad lastnight. Got pretty lucky with a near airfield spawn and I'm now rocking a M4A3 and an... (Uzi-like sidearm, can't remember the name of it). Only thing is I got pretty banged up in the process so I'm now in the fields west of the airfield and will be looking for some animals on next login.

But basically, anyone fancy giving this a go? I haven't got mumble setup yet but I've got the requisite hardware if needed. Been playing on;

DayZZargabad - 1.1 - (UTC-9) - (Veteran|...........) - ES - SpD|Vilayer.com.

Shoot me a PM if you're on for teaming up. I go by Homercleese on DayZ.

hmmm haven't played zargabad yet but have a friend that has and he says it's ****, and I'm kinda inclined to believe him, as we've played em all together. Might have a look for myself, because frankly, opinions & tastes differ, but can't guarantee anything ;D

I WOULD advise Panthera especially if you're into squad/sniper pvp'ing. Those mountains around the airfields and major cities provide sniper heavennnnn. Both for normal snipers, the douchebag bambi snipers, or counter snipers. You can't look everywhere, my squad has been crept upon while we had no less than 2 thermals in our 5man squad just because there's so much cover & hilly terrain.

definetely would suggest this map to ya'll.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement