Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

TheWarZ alpha started today, was considering paying 25$ to get access to it (along with the full game when its released of course) but after reading all the reviews today not a hope in hell.
    Apparently its terrible, it has more bugs than DayZ (considering that was a mod with limited editing capabilities and this is a full game with full engine access thats not good.)
    The graphics are decent looking, sound is meant to be okay, but very limited and loops a lot, and that the starting map is so small that its just like a COD game where everyone runs around trying to kill each other with their flashlights (melee weapon in this).

There is also a one hour wait time before you can respawn after death...

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭SasQuatch88

TheWarZ alpha started today, was considering paying 25$ to get access to it (along with the full game when its released of course) but after reading all the reviews today not a hope in hell.
    Apparently its terrible, it has more bugs than DayZ (considering that was a mod with limited editing capabilities and this is a full game with full engine access thats not good.)
    The graphics are decent looking, sound is meant to be okay, but very limited and loops a lot, and that the starting map is so small that its just like a COD game where everyone runs around trying to kill each other with their flashlights (melee weapon in this).

Your FACE is also a one hour wait time before you can respawn after death...

BOOM! :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

lol seriously?? absolutely **** that then

ill wait for a torrent w/ fix

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Chabu 2

Yea, I basically watched psisyndicate and oshiseven stream it (even tho they weren't allowed to) and the respawn takes ages, the movement is still **** and apparantly the game crashes every 5 minutes or so.

With the dayz standalone so close to being released and the prospect of it + new idea's actually making it better than it already is there's no way in hell i'm even getting WarZ anytime soon. :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I know its not a DayZ video but I'm now as dangerous as I am in game with a sniper rifle :P

Was driving from Vegas to Flagstaff & pulled over at a place that said "Fire a Machine gun" I went to have a look and they had a Barrett on the list. YES PLEASE!! It was unreal! Anyway thought some of you lads might like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

ktulu123 wrote: »
    I know its not a DayZ video but I'm now as dangerous as I am in game with a sniper rifle :P

Holy Sh!t, thats cool. I though it would be a deafening boom (as ingame) ,got any target damage pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Thats cool , but as Plantinum...i was expecting it to be a LOT louder...akin to
    Was yours a cut down version..or airsoft gun ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

SeantheMan wrote: »

It does sound a bit low in that video alright, but I seriously doubt its an airsoft version :P

I was in Vegas a year a go and fired an M4, AK47, SAW and a beretta. It really is crazy how easy it is to just walk off the street and be firing one of the above within minutes. Great craic. They don't need to use "lesser" versions of these guns, its easier to get the real deal.

At a guess, I'd imagine its just poor quality sound in that video (its also in the wrong orientation ;))

EDIT: actually, here is my clip:

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Amishh

Good afternoon lads

I was briefly reading through some of your posts in this thread and it is more than clear to me that we are facing same annoying

enemy - Cheaters.

I am speaking on behalf of dayz players mainly from the Czech Republic and I have to say we are having exactly same problem with

cheaters as everybody else.

Some time ago our frustration with cheaters reached its limit and we decided to set our server with password protection.

Problem was that the amount of active players decreased rapidly and the day-z gaming experience suffered due to lack of "unknown

survivors". Because of this we have recently decided to temporarily unlock the server to see what is the story with cheaters.

It took less than 24 hours and some (now excuse my language) kiddie ****tard started a mortar script.

So here's the proposal. Let's join our forces

Your mumble group is more than welcome to join our password protected server. For obvious reasons I will provide you with the

password + server address via pm.

Thanks for reading this
    See you ingame

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

SeantheMan wrote: »

Haha no it wasn't an airsoft gun its just the bad audio on the phone. It was as loud as that one. The one I shot was the shorter barrel version but other than that it was the same.

The one in arma is an M107, the newer version, this was the M82A1. Not sure how accurate the sound is in game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

10m Dean Hall ‏@rocket2guns
    My first death threat! And it's demanding I refund them for a recently and closely named game zombie that's not even mine... #fml
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite
    Evil_Dave ‏@McChokenutz
    @rocket2guns if they threatened you with a flashlight, don't worry it doesn't do any damage.
    Retweeted by Dean Hall

If anyone has been following TheWarz they'll get this lol

Thats brilliant.

Just read off his twitter there that loot will be in drawers, cupboards, shelves and tables now rather than just scattered on the ground. I like that a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Chabu 2

Amishh wrote: »
    Good afternoon lads

I was briefly reading through some of your posts in this thread and it is more than clear to me that we are facing same annoying

enemy - Cheaters.

I am speaking on behalf of dayz players mainly from the Czech Republic and I have to say we are having exactly same problem with

cheaters as everybody else.

Some time ago our frustration with cheaters reached its limit and we decided to set our server with password protection.

Problem was that the amount of active players decreased rapidly and the day-z gaming experience suffered due to lack of "unknown

survivors". Because of this we have recently decided to temporarily unlock the server to see what is the story with cheaters.

It took less than 24 hours and some (now excuse my language) kiddie ****tard started a mortar script.

So here's the proposal. Let's join our forces

Your mumble group is more than welcome to join our password protected server. For obvious reasons I will provide you with the

password + server address via pm.

Thanks for reading this
    See you ingame

One does not simply keep out the hackers . . .

Chabu 2 wrote: »
    One does not simply keep out the hackers . . .

With a whitelist and lock they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Rand_alThor

Rocket has said it's going to be based on the ARMA 2.5 engine, whatever that means. Basically modified ARMA 2 code to make it, primarily, more secure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Rocket has said it's going to be based on the ARMA 2.5 engine, whatever that means. Basically modified ARMA 2 code to make it, primarily, more secure.

Its a cross between take on helicopter,arma3,arma 2 and something else iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

being honest i'm happy it being released on arma2 (or 2.5) The game has being around for a long while now. They know what needs to be done (or least i hope they do) in terms of current bugs and hacks that the dayz mod surfaced. In mind i believe we can get a polished product upon release.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Locking it down is going to piss off the normal Arma 2 userbase but they hate Dayz anyway.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Locking it down is going to piss off the normal Arma 2 userbase but they hate Dayz anyway.

Hipster Arma 2 Players. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Hipster Arma 2 Players. :rolleyes:

If it wasnt for hipster Arma players you wouldnt have Dayz :pac:

I would be happy if the standalone comes with the editor but unlilkely if the game is locked down :( Some scripted missions in Dayz would be awesome.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    If it wasnt for hipster Arma players you wouldnt have Dayz :pac:

I would be happy if the standalone comes with the editor but unlilkely if the game is locked down :( Some scripted missions in Dayz would be awesome.

thats my gripe man.. if they allow for future expansion on the **** we actually want, ill be happy (side missions, wasteland building and crap like that) but, even with DayZ, im not holding my breath :-/

Gonna try this tonight if anybody wants to join:
    http://www.nightstalkers.cz/en_index_dn.php?menu=en_dn_popis

Thats a lovely map, havent tried the updates since they started the Crisis thing

Fawkon asked me for this, for anybody who wants to feel a bit nostalgic:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qzqk683H9_M&feature=plcp

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

this looks cool.

Spotted this Irish server, anyone tried it. Will have a go once I get comp setup again.. reinstalled :(
    http://reconverge.enjin.com/dayz/m/8432065/viewthread/4524960-convergence-dayz-server-details-updated-daily

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Amishh

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    Its a cross between take on helicopter,arma3,arma 2 and something else iirc

I seriously doubt there is going to be any content from arma 3 implemented in to standalone. Arma 3 content is being apprehensively kept for its release in December. That's why both projects are being developet pretty much independently. What i heard from my mate who works for BIS was that the standalone DAYZ is going to be closed A2 engine with extra zombie apocalyptic features never introduced in current dayz code by rocket, They are going to implemend better clouds from take on helicopter (seriously that's the last improvement i care about lol :D).

I would be happy if the standalone comes with the editor but unlilkely if the game is locked down frown.png Some scripted missions in Dayz would be awesome.

I am affraid you are right. Open editor is the main cause for 99% of the mallicious script. Back in times us hipsters who play Plain arma2 :D were untouched by cheaters because all the kids were not interested in arma at all.

looks pretty good!

im hoping we can use those lathes in the machine shop! that ear necklace i was talking about HAS to happen

• Advertisement

_vti wrote: »
    looks pretty good!

im hoping we can use those lathes in the machine shop! that ear necklace i was talking about HAS to happen

pearl necklace?

You have a kid your clearly doing it wrong :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement