Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Yeah nice little intro back to DayZ. The server is ok, but I do think the admins have a little advantage. As Vti said, he feels like he was being watched. ha Was good craic anyway. Also apparently im the nice guy for once...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Anyone want to try this tomorrow: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/96474-dayz-redux-dayz-purist-focused-custom-dayz-mod-formerly-dayz-diaf/

Its DayZ just with a lot of fan updates, removed most sniper rifles/ OP weapons, changed loot spawns added new features, added chloroform, you spawn with absolutely nothing, not even a bag, and you can only find czech, alice and cyote bags at military spawns, has a good way of stopping combat logging, the ability to flip a vehicle upright if you flip it whilst driving, new vehicles and lots of other cool new features.

In general its just a lot harder, and sounds like a more fun/balanced experience.

You have to apply for a whitelist on their website though:
    http://forums.dayzredux.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

well at the end of the night on that server I log off with a uaz full of weapons, a ghillie suit and the honour of not seeing a single soul all game. If you guys want some gear perhaps we can get a boards marauder party going tomorrow.

Anyone want to try this tomorrow: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/96474-dayz-redux-dayz-purist-focused-custom-dayz-mod-formerly-dayz-diaf/

Its DayZ just with a lot of fan updates, removed most sniper rifles/ OP weapons, changed loot spawns added new features, added chloroform, you spawn with absolutely nothing, not even a bag, and you can only find czech, alice and cyote bags at military spawns, has a good way of stopping combat logging, the ability to flip a vehicle upright if you flip it whilst driving, new vehicles and lots of other cool new features.

In general its just a lot harder, and sounds like a more fun/balanced experience.

You have to apply for a whitelist on their website though:

Signed up, will get whitelisted tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

Looks good. I signed up as well, and I'm just waiting on a response.

• Advertisement

I got whitelisted and have been playing for the past hour or so, its definitely harder, and I like being afraid of walking through Cherno again, made it out though with plenty of food and water, a lee enfield and a makarov and a patrol pack.

On my way to zelenogorsk now.

I got whitelisted and have been playing for the past hour or so, its definitely harder, and I like being afraid of walking through Cherno again, made it out though with plenty of food and water, a lee enfield and a makarov and a patrol pack.

On my way to zelenogorsk now.

I just got whitelisted as well. I'll probably hop on in about an hour or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

awaiting whitelist.

Redux feature rundown.
    Chloroform - sneak up on Opfor and knock them out. Simple.
    NE Airfield has been upgraded massively, most notably Barracks.
    Kamenka too, Farm buildings and houses.
    You can't log out in Combat, Abort is unavailable so you have Alt-F4 (30 sec timer) and if you do, you die instantly. 
    Unflip Vehicles (ATV etc ).
    Ambulances
    [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GZr62tR3I7o"].....................LittleBirds........................[/URL]

Full Feature List

DayZ Namalsk has been officially released. There is a few servers up, got everything installed and am playing now.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/101981-dayz-namalsk/

• Advertisement

Server with 600+ vehicles, and proper basebuilding as well as other features soon to come like booby traps and use of generators.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/102189-dayz-base-building-600-vehicles-us023-lingor-server/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

hi,i have not been on DayZ in months!.. back now so where you guys all play now?....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Server with 600+ vehicles, and proper basebuilding as well as other features soon to come like booby traps and use of generators.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/102189-dayz-base-building-600-vehicles-us023-lingor-server/

Can anyone PM the the IP address as having difficulty finding the server. Cheers.

Can anyone PM the the IP address as having difficulty finding the server. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

recieved a global ban yesterday for no apparent reason...one second im loading some glass into a truck and the next minute im kicked

looks like im screwed for a while as i received an email back from battleye saying they have no idea what happened (the code i received isnt on their system or something

ugh..why cant battleye just die and punkbuster or VAC be employed *rage*

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭SasQuatch88

_vti wrote: »

Because you touch yourself at night..

recieved a global ban yesterday for no apparent reason...one second im loading some glass into a truck and the next minute im kicked

looks like im screwed for a while as i received an email back from battleye saying they have no idea what happened (the code i received isnt on their system or something

Couldn't of happened at a worse time too. We were terrorizing people with a blackhawk & merlin last night. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Well well well........that explains A LOT from the boards server!!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,208 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

You guys still playing on 216.231.130.106? I thinking of getting back into this and I wouldn't mind having a team to play with.

• Advertisement

We're still playing on that server.

Make sure you download the Rmod, if you haven't already. You have to run it simultaneously with DayZ in order to get on to the server.

http://www.tunngle.net/community/topic/87391-rmod-for-private-servers/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,208 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Well I tired to connect and I got "bad version, server rejected connection" id forgotten how annoying trying to play this game is.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭PandyAndy

I was playing on that convergence server last night when it was dark. There were three other people online, 2 English and 1 Canadian. When I joined they were chatting on the side channel and seemed oblivious to the fact that I could hear them, they were talking away about their location and the buses they were repairing, they had one each, and they'll make their way to the NW airfield after.

So anyway when I logged on I was just north of Electro where the small lakes are and figured I start running now I can get to Novy Sobor, stock up and get to the airfield before them even though they were only at Vybor.

Got there ahead of them and heard them say amongst themselves they'll stop off at helicopter crash site and get to NW in maybe 5 mins or so. So I ran around the airfield hangars first, got what I could and was just getting to the control tower when I saw their camp fire out in the distance (they were talking about cooking meat too lol) and then I heard them say they'll start making their way down the left side. Ran across the runway, crawled up through the grass away and I could see them starting at the hangars north of the barracks. Waited for them to leave the barracks, took out my AKM and took out two of them, at first they thought they were shooting each other because of the zombies, they had no idea I was here :) They copped on eventually and other lad got me then with an M14 I think.

So the three of us that died all spawned near to Cherno. They told the fella to drive down and meet them at the chapel so they could drive back up to get their loot. I was told them I'm gonna start running north to Mogivelka and will get to the airfield before them. One fella got caught by zombies so he respawned near Kamenka. The other guy was still at the chapel. I lied, I wasn't running anywhere I was lying in the grass by the chapel waiting for the bus. The guy driving the bus seemed to be getting stressed because he was running out of petrol and I was telling them I was getting closer to NW. He was also the one most butthurt about it all.

The bus eventually came down, the fella by the chapel got on and I had to ****ing sprint to catch up to it... for some reason the fella driving it got out so I got one, then realised I can drive the bus because he got off :D I started reversing out and he was asking the lads wtf is going on... they copped eventually I was there on the bus with them. I started driving along the beach and thought I'm gonna drive it into the ocean, and I did and we died :D

I was laughing away, the two on the bus found it amusing too, and butthurt guy was more butthurt.

I gotted perma-banned from the server because it was 'technically' PvP below Novy Sobor :D It was a fun night.

MadYaker wrote: »
    Well I tired to connect and I got "bad version, server rejected connection" id forgotten how annoying trying to play this game is.

You download the rmod thing? I was on it earlier through dayz commander but there seemed to be a problem with loot and zombies, so maybe they've been working on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Loading glass into a truck?

Playing a life server?

We got and gave a bit of abuse on that server so I decided not to attend their power trip anymore.
    Im talking about the Conv members some were just being complete ar$e$, I'd say they were just very immature but that would be an understatement.
    I heard the other players on the server over a few days say the admins were ghosting people and at one point the admin killed 3 people within 2 seconds of each other, with the players being massive distances from each other.
    SO they probably have a hack, its a shame too because Rekrab was doing some interesting things with teh northern bases but then again a lot of servers are expanding to that at the moment. (SWE101) . I dont want to put people off the server as you may get a different experience, just wasnt for me.

Yea one of the english lads, Barney the butt hurt guy, was pretty pissed and was even saying that if join again he'll get his gang to hunt me down and kill me in the server lol... he was sooooo serious about the whole thing.

Headshotmania, the other english guy, and Alexander, the Canadian, were both pretty cool about it all and thought it was all pretty funny and knew I was just there for the craic. Headshotmania seemed surprised when Barney the butt hurt guy said that I should be banned for what I did. But I figure as they're all from the same forum they had to sort of side with each other.

Oh well, it was worth it I suppose just have Barney so pissed off.

Edit: That server with the 600+ vehicles seems cool. Still seems to be suffering from lack of loot and zombies though.

PandyAndy wrote: »
    Yea one of the english lads, Barney the butt hurt guy, was pretty pissed and was even saying that if join again he'll get his gang to hunt me down and kill me in the server lol... he was sooooo serious about the whole thing.

Headshotmania, the other english guy, and Alexander, the Canadian, were both pretty cool about it all and thought it was all pretty funny and knew I was just there for the craic. Headshotmania seemed surprised when Barney the butt hurt guy said that I should be banned for what I did. But I figure as they're all from the same forum they had to sort of side with each other.

Oh well, it was worth it I suppose just have Barney so pissed off.

Barney, thats one of the lads I stole the hilux from my first day on that server. He gets very angry :P

Yea Barzney 117 or something. I just called him Barney because it was easier to type which annoyed him further I think.

• Advertisement

Yeah that convergence server is a joke tbh. The admins change the rules to suit themselves. They also use teleport/invisible abilities etc

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement