Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭SasQuatch88

MadYaker wrote: »
    Well I tired to connect and I got "bad version, server rejected connection" id forgotten how annoying trying to play this game is.

I just re-installed my beta patch and all was gravy..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I just re-installed my beta patch and all was gravy..

We are once again in bidness :)

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

Loading glass into a truck?

Playing a life server?

No, the SE101 DayZ server.

Sasquatch and myself were looting the Orlovets factory for glass and engine parts to repair some heli's. As soon as we were done, I jump into the truck and bam! a global ban!! wtf?!

Im still waiting on Battleye to get their **** together *sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

To the boards lads what servers are use playing on now had that convergence one in my favourites but yous have moved to different one now yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

SE101^^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I'm playing that Redux Mod server and the US0203 Lingor map with the 600+ vehicles at the mo

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Fawkon

Update alert: 1.7.3

Some stage today hopefully.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/forum/4-dayz-announcements/

Nice, a lot of it is already in play on private hives but this is good to see :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/post/34430567933/whatever-you-say-it-is-it-isnt

Also a new blog post.

I didn't understand any of what he said, but it sounded good.

edit: Got myself a 48hour code for TheWarZ, this should be fun :P

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Yelnahs

The new combat timing system sounds class and is a good step forward. I have yet to play a Redux server (apparently this has been a feature for a while).

I'm away from my desktop for a few days, has the patch been released on DayZ commander? If so, first impressions? Interested to see the instant zombie animations too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/post/34430567933/whatever-you-say-it-is-it-isnt

Also a new blog post.

I didn't understand any of what he said, but it sounded good.

edit: Got myself a 48hour code for TheWarZ, this should be fun :P

When you playing online you the client can affect the server via scripts and mods, its how the engine is designed as a Milsim. Ie sound mods, texture mods etc are allowed in the engine as is and so are scripts.

What they are doing is more akin to to a Battlefield/Cod type server, you move shoot, eat and the instruction is sent to the server and then to other players.

Just making it normal i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Yelnahs

yeah rocket explained on reddit that ARMA2 computes thousands of instructions/calculations during the game. The architecture relies on client and server to do these calculations to balance the load.

Rocket and the guys realised that they can strip all these extra ARMA2 calculations that DayZ doesn't need from the engine and make it purely server side making, essentially, a new DayZ engine which is a hugely stripped down Arma2/Take on engine.

This will help make hacking much more difficult as code can't be simply be executed from the client side.

Also, check out the new timing of the zombie animations here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUXpeN5YjUQ&feature=plcp

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

_vti wrote: »
    No, the SE101 DayZ server.

Sasquatch and myself were looting the Orlovets factory for glass and engine parts to repair some heli's. As soon as we were done, I jump into the truck and bam! a global ban!! wtf?!

Im still waiting on Battleye to get their **** together *sigh*

did you drag it yeah? because that bans people, also admins on that server spawn things in.... you cant repair merlins without a repair mtvr which there is none on the server, but somehow the admins have a merlin? also after everytime we steal their vodnik gunner it always goes missing straight after restart (yes we saved it but poof gone!) its admins abusing powers.

Yeah we have left that server because of the admins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Starting to get back into this after advertisement of the 1.7.3 update, the new zombie death animations look delicious. I updated DayZ Commander last night and there's an option to install mods for several other maps to play DayZ on. If I did install them, how do I go about playing them? Does it mean I can't play vanilla Chernarus or can I simply just join different servers running the new maps alongside the regular ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Starting to get back into this after advertisement of the 1.7.3 update, the new zombie death animations look delicious. I updated DayZ Commander last night and there's an option to install mods for several other maps to play DayZ on. If I did install them, how do I go about playing them? Does it mean I can't play vanilla Chernarus or can I simply just join different servers running the new maps alongside the regular ones?

It should allow you to play on other servers.

I would recomend only loading the mods you need for the server and not all of them at the same time. Dunno if Dayz Commander lets you do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

You will still keep the Vanilla maps untouched, the extra maps in DayZ Commander will be additional to the others.
    If you launch the game with DayZ Commander then it handles the shortcut command line switches (ie -mod;dayz; Panthera). You can also add extra switches like mine are " -window -nopause" etc. Look in the settings of DayZ Commander to configure these.

Another useful switch is the Swap Executable for Steam, which plays the game in Steam with the Beta Arma.Exe

You can also filter the map you want to join on the left hand side of Dayz Commander. Once you find one Double click it and the game will launch and connect automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

Currently installing Arma II: operation arrowhead and plain old Arma II, is there still many people playing DayZ? Only recently got a GPU good enough of running the game, i just have to install Arma and DayZ and ill be on if anyone wants to join up with a complete noob!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

Plenty of people are still playing DayZ, and I can expect this figure to rise in the next few months with the release of the Standalone version of the game.

At the moment most of us here seem to be playing DayZ Redux, which is a slight modification of DayZ itself. You can download the necessary files on the Redux site, where you will be asked to post a thread to get yourself whitelisted.

http://forums.dayzredux.com/

If you have any trouble getting things set up, just post a message here and we can give you a hand.

Plenty of people are still playing DayZ, and I can expect this figure to rise in the next few months with the release of the Standalone version of the game.

At the moment most of us here seem to be playing DayZ Redux, which is a slight modification of DayZ itself. You can download the necessary files on the Redux site, where you will be asked to post a thread to get yourself whitelisted.

http://forums.dayzredux.com/

If you have any trouble getting things set up, just post a message here and we can give you a hand.

Whats the main difference in downloading DayZ from the website and then the redux version? just being curious, thanks for the reply

• Advertisement

LawlessBoy wrote: »
    Whats the main difference in downloading DayZ from the website and then the redux version? just being curious, thanks for the reply

You will need both vanilla DayZ and the DayZ Redux files downloaded and running at the same time in order to get logged onto a server, as one is ultimately a mod of the other. In order to do this, you will need to use the ArmA II game launcher (or any other Arma Launcher, really):

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8241

The purpose of this is basically to manage your different mods, which allows you to switch between Redux DayZ and regular DayZ in one or two clicks, as well as run them simultaneously as I said earlier. I've posted a video below which will you how to set up DayZ, as well as how to basically use the Launcher itself.

http://tinyurl.com/cr7yohl

After DayZ is all set up with the latest Arma II beta patches installed (link: http://tinyurl.com/39mbxx9) just download the redux files and install them the same way you would regular DayZ. The one difference is that you need to make sure to place the little "BIKEY" file that comes with the download into the "Keys" section of your Directory.

I've probably made this really convoluted, but by the end you should be good to go :D

Hi, when i try to run Arma II from my steam library i get an error saying "failed to contact key server" Anyone able to help me out here, Arma II operation arrowhead runs fine though?

LawlessBoy wrote: »
    Hi, when i try to run Arma II from my steam library i get an error saying "failed to contact key server" Anyone able to help me out here, Arma II operation arrowhead runs fine though?

Try launching each Arma game seperately, and verifying the cache for both of them.

Okay, WarZ my impressions (didn't buy it, 48hour pass ;))

I came up against players a lot, only for them to hit me with there flashlight and kill me... literally I've played with 7 different characters so far, 4 have been killed by flashlight warriors, 1 by a sniper and the other 2 by zombies.

However, there are a few features I really like and would love if DayZ implemented them.

Pros:
    - There are zombies on the ground that look dead, you go over to check and they start getting up and charging you, that gave me a fright the first time.
    - When you are bleeding, you actually bleed and leave a trail of blood on the ground behind you. I don't think the blood trail lasts long though, only 10seconds or so, but if this could be implemented where the blood stayed until after a server restart it would be good.
    - Finding loot in cars is pretty good, actually its the only place you find loot really. The few enterable buildings there might be some stuff, but the majority of loot I found was in cars.
    - Zombie skins relative to the area, there were police zombies around police stations, zombies with work uniforms in supermarkets etc.
    - Night is good, a good balance of sound effects and light level.

Cons:
    - Almost no enterable buildings, I went to one of the cities, it looked cool on the outside, but with no enterable buildings it got boring fast.
    - Terrible textures, they all look blurry.
    - Animations of course, the running and jumping is terrible. The running almost looks like your character is staying in place and the world is moving below you.
    - Too many flashlight warriors.
    - No immersion, doesn't have the same terrifying feel DayZ has.
    - Pay to win, you can buy everything except the actual guns in the store, food, ammo, nightvision etc.
    - You can have five different characters per account, but once you die with one of your characters you can't play with that character again for another hour.
    - Safe zones, I hate them. You enter them, you can't even shoot your gun. They have the ability to shoot turned off.
    - Guns are far too uncommon, I only met one guy with a gun, I killed him with my flashlight only to bleed out a few minutes later.
    - Health system isn't great, if you get hit by a zombie you either start bleeding, or just lose a quarter of your blood. If you start bleeding you lose blood pretty quickly, and if you get hit you lose a quarter of your blood, the problem is the zombies hit quickly so its very easy to get cornered by one zombie and have him kill you.
    There is lots of medical supplies, but as far as I'm aware, they just restore different levels of health.
    - Food, Drinking, and Healing has no animation and takes 0 seconds to do. You can do any of that stuff whilst running from a horde of zombies.
    - The zombie detection mechanism sucks, you can walk a few feet ahead of them fine, even if they are looking directly at you, but if you sprint they hear you for miles and loads come after you.
    - There is no voice chat, global or proximity.
    - Its easier to kill someone with a flashlight than a gun, I kill someone with two hits of a flashlight, but it takes 15+ akm bullets to kill someone.
    - Global inventory, can't stress how much I hate this, ruins the little immersion the game had.

Thats more or less it for the moment, have only played two hours of the game.
    There is a lot of arguing about DayZ vs WarZ in the chat, surprisingly there are a lot of people who think DayZ is the better game ( it is, just not what I'd expect on WarZ)

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭longwhitecross+

Gonna get back into this a bit, or wasteland. Wheres the mumble at (that people are actually using?)

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭PandyAndy

- Global inventory, can't stress how much I hate this, ruins the little immersion the game had.

This might sound stupid... but what's a global inventory?

PandyAndy wrote: »
    This might sound stupid... but what's a global inventory?

Its a virtual bank where you can store an unlimited amount of items. You can transfer them between your characters then, and even choose items from your global inventory that you want to spawn with.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

How does flashlight killing work?

How does flashlight killing work?

You spawn with a flashlight, and you can swing the flashlight, takes a few hits of a flashlight to kill somebody, everybody spawns with one and there aren't many spawn points so its just flashlight wars at the spawn points.

• Advertisement

so its just flashlight wars

That's a very bleak view of the coming Zombie apocalypse.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement