Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

SE 101 has changed to Lingor... .balls I had spent ages getting a few nice weapons,yes bro, I mad :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

platinums wrote: »
    SE 101 has changed to Lingor... .balls I had spent ages getting a few nice weapons,yes bro, I mad :mad:

ah forget that bull**** server

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

Anyone able to give me a hand installing DayZ with Steam/ArmA II launcher. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

Have you made sure to set up Combined Operations on Steam?

This tutorial should work for Steam, and it uses ArmA II launcher.

http://tinyurl.com/cr7yohl

I followed that guide down to a tee. and i set the executable files right as far as i know and its just saying when im using the launcher that it isnt there.

UPDATE: Getting this error now "addon"dayz_ainm" requires addon "CA_Dubbling_Counterattack"

• Advertisement

Apparently there's a fix you can try out for that.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/38689-ca-dubbing-counterattack-and-deletedchernarus-problem-solution/

Also, what's the server you're trying to get on to? Are you getting this error on every server?

It probably seems frustrating, but DayZ and the ArmA engine have the ability to throw up every problem imaginable, lol.

Trying it now

Tried it and not getting the error on startup anymore, but when i go to join a server its saying " Bad Version, server rejected connection"
    This mean im on the wrong version or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

_vti wrote: »
    recieved a global ban yesterday for no apparent reason...one second im loading some glass into a truck and the next minute im kicked

looks like im screwed for a while as i received an email back from battleye saying they have no idea what happened (the code i received isnt on their system or something

ugh..why cant battleye just die and punkbuster or VAC be employed *rage*

Happened to two friends today,on vanilla arma.

Happened when both of them opened up Fraps.Pretty ****ed up that stuff like that happens

Just wondering, i should be getting the same character every time i get into a different server my character is reset?

• Advertisement

Not every server is a hive server, and so you can't always carry your character between them.

It's best to choose a server and play specifically on that server.

Thanks. I sent off the whiteliste request for the redux version. Might see me on one of the servers during the week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Tried a Namalsk last night,shot a guy three times in the legs with a winnie and he killed me with an ax :(

not having much luck this week, just got me hands on an L85 thermal, and now bounty have updated to 1.73 so characters were reset there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Great interview here, not a generic "what features do you have planned" interview.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ykUEI9uM6JA

Cool story he told about how when they were testing the weather sickness, on one server there was a storm, so the people who joined that server got sick very fast, upon realising lots of them logged out and joined different servers, spreading the sicknesses to other servers, and so on and after an hour or so a 1000 people had been infected all from the original storm on that first server.

Cool, Rocket is going to be climbing everest next year.

Great interview here, not a generic "what features do you have planned" interview.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ykUEI9uM6JA

Cool story he told about how when they were testing the weather sickness, on one server there was a storm, so the people who joined that server got sick very fast, upon realising lots of them logged out and joined different servers, spreading the sicknesses to other servers, and so on and after an hour or so a 1000 people had been infected all from the original storm on that first server.

Sounds a lot like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corrupted_Blood_incident

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

Me and my friends just got a server, going public sometime this week, rmod enabled and bliss is being installed soon, will give you ip during the week! 200+ vehicles, 4 choppers and no power abusive admins (se101 lol)

simon360 wrote: »
    Me and my friends just got a server, going public sometime this week, rmod enabled and bliss is being installed soon, will give you ip during the week! 200+ vehicles, 4 choppers and no power abusive admins (se101 lol)

Sweet, maybe that can be our new home.

Also it's the normal dayz choppers, we hate radar because it's a bit on the op side of things and leads to people hoarding , hope no one minds that

Also it's the normal dayz choppers, we hate radar because it's a bit on the op side of things and leads to people hoarding , hope no one minds that

does that mean no Littlebirds?

• Advertisement

platinums wrote: »

does that mean no Littlebirds?

We need little birds and vodniks :-/

In fact, Rmod needs to be a required mod for dayz...there I said it

Vodniks are in yes but we dont like radar because you can see vehicles from 1.5 ks away so if anyone finds a plugin that disables radar that would be greatly appreciated. I can't play vanilla Dayz now after I have been exposed to rmods god like vehicles haha

So when you hoping to have this server up and running?

Wednesday or thursday, just scripting rmod vehicle spawnpoints at the moment

Wednesday or thursday, just scripting rmod vehicle spawnpoints at the moment

Sounds great! I'll definitely be looking forward to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Beez

What is this Rmod you speak of? Is it the dayz redux?? link please.

Beez wrote: »
    What is this Rmod you speak of? Is it the dayz redux?? link please.

http://bit.ly/RfGuJ1

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Beez

thanks smart arse. I did google it but that first link is blocked at work was hoping you had a different one.

• Advertisement

Beez wrote: »

thanks smart arse. I did google it but that first link is blocked at work was hoping you had a different one.

Lol your welcome ;-)

Rmod is basically a mod that allows admins to alter the map with any item that wouldn't normally be there, like extra vehicles, reinforced structures and sandbags for bases. For example the NW airfield now has about 20 hangars, 15-20 barracks and the server that I play on has a few armoured BMPs and BTRs.

Its a lot more PvP oriented, which the regular carebear might not like.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement