Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Reinstalled everything lastnight,played for a while there,my character was as i left it 110 days ago.
    Doesnt seem much has changed since last i played.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

theres no stopping the rip offs.... World War Z, the film.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

platinums wrote: »

You do realize that's based off a very popular Book.

blobby360 wrote: »
    You do realize that's based off a very popular Book.

no didn't actually, i just jumped to the obvious conclusion based off my own perception, but the book looks like a good read according to wiki.
    Thanks for enlightening me, i might grab the The Zombie Survival Guide also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

Dcully wrote: »
    Reinstalled everything lastnight,played for a while there,my character was as i left it 110 days ago.
    Doesnt seem much has changed since last i played.

obviously your still playing on hives
    Redex server is very hardcore.
    there are other server with Rcon enabled that have more enterable buildings which makes spawning in places like kamenka not feeling the need to jump off the lighthouse.
    there is the combat-timer
    there is no more debug monitor.
    zombie animations are fixed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

no didn't actually, i just jumped to the obvious conclusion based off my own perception, but the book looks like a good read according to wiki.

The Audiobook is also pretty great.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

facepalm.jpg

quarryman wrote: »
    facepalm.jpg

Thanks for pointing out that again. I can see how you got your post count so high. Not to point out the obvious , but well done

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Unreal craic on the DayZ bounty server tonight. They thought it would be smart to put a lot of Apache gunships in. Between myself & the gunner we must of got 40 kills tonight. haha!

On a side note that film looks CLASS!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I have that book.
    It's okay, it basically details what weapons are good and why what aren't etc
    Its written like a manual as opposed to a story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

Just started playing vanilla day z and I am really enjoying it. But for the past night every server I join the zombies seem to be able to see me from miles away even when prone.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

server will be locked today to fix bugs, set up more building and set spawn points for new weps.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

will it be locked all day today?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I have that book.
    It's okay, it basically details what weapons are good and why what aren't etc
    Its written like a manual as opposed to a story.

Do you know about the book World War Z?
    Same guy except it's a collection of stories from survivors of the War.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

simon360 wrote: »
    server will be locked today to fix bugs, set up more building and set spawn points for new weps.

Could you throw in an SU-25 and an AN-2 ? :D

will it be locked all day today?

No be back up around 5 I think..... having problems with vodniks and all vehicles they spawn invincible

_vti wrote: »
    Could you throw in an SU-25 and an AN-2 ? :D

I don't know were just a bit busy and the server is still in alpha for vehicles, we'll see if we fix vehicles now... Anyone know any fixes?

Server up but vehicles are still being annoying

Sweet, I managed to get the PS3 pad to work on the PC, so flying jets /Heli's is now a lot smoother thanks to analogue controls. Still, that wont help if im drunk. :)
    Free software too, Instructions here its Class!

Support Xbox Controllers and wired/wireless (Bluetooth) modes.

Sweet, I managed to get the PS3 pad to work on the PC, so flying jets /Heli's is now a lot smoother thanks to analogue controls. Still, that wont help if im drunk. :)
    Free software too, Instructions here its Class!

I had the xbox controller working for the cars, it makes it SO much easier turning and dealing with the arse coming out around the corners.

The one issue I had was the max turn radius. It seems there are two key binds, one for regular turn and extended turn or something like that. I couldnt bind both at the same time.

• Advertisement

_vti wrote: »
    I had the xbox controller working for the cars, it makes it SO much easier turning and dealing with the arse coming out around the corners.

The one issue I had was the max turn radius. It seems there are two key binds, one for regular turn and extended turn or something like that. I couldnt bind both at the same time.

wired or wireless?

the wired one

I had it set up before for DCS Black Shark and A-10C for the MFD's and spotting targets. Was so perfect it brought a tear to my eye when I first started using it lol

Was thinking on the server that there could be factions, The idea is that you are a survivor for 4 weeks and then after that you can be Russian or US (incl. Skins). Its still DayZ like you can kill Russian/US others but brings in skins. What does everybody think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

It would be great to have a wider variety of skins available. It would certainly make it easier to discern your squad mates.

We've had our fare share of friendly fire accidents recently. :D

lol i love friendly fire hahaha especially the new guy in our group , we have to teach him to not get attached to his **** lol also he rages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Jelly 292

Manhunt?

I enjoyed being hunted last night before we all made friends.

How about try again, one guy start with min amount of stuff compass/bandages,etc.

He gets a 10 minute head start, got to get from point A on the map to point B with everyone else hunting him?

hunters have to kill the hunted, but if they do kill him,collect his gear and give it back, to be nice :)

Point A being one side of the Map and Point B the other side, If hunted player gets to point B he be a glorious winner?? or is that stupid?

Jelly 292 wrote: »
    Manhunt?

I enjoyed being hunted last night before we all made friends.

How about try again, one guy start with min amount of stuff compass/bandages,etc.

He gets a 10 minute head start, got to get from point A on the map to point B with everyone else hunting him?

hunters have to kill the hunted, but if they do kill him,collect his gear and give it back, to be nice :)

Point A being one side of the Map and Point B the other side, If hunted player gets to point B he be a glorious winner?? or is that stupid?

Actually sounds like a good idea yeah, Hard Target style!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Roorah

Jelly 292 wrote: »
    Manhunt?......

Make it teams, Say three people have to work together to get across, everyone else has to stop them. And offer a prize if they make it. But its a set amount wheter one or all of them hit it!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

So laviskis mission?

Its posted in the tactical shooter forum, 3 guys have to get from A to B with 16 hunting him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Roorah

dreamers75 wrote: »
    So laviskis mission?

Its posted in the tactical shooter forum, 3 guys have to get from A to B with 16 hunting him.

Huh I hadnt checked that, but yeah almost identical. Only diff is this version is dayz so the hunted will more than likely shoot each other at the start.

On a side note, i must try get on to try the laviskis mission out this week

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement