Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

I was thinking that this sounded exactly like Laviski's mission.

The only difference is, it doesn't take place on Chernarus but on Everon, which is an old Operation Flashpoint map.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Jelly 292

dreamers75 wrote: »
    So laviskis mission?

Its posted in the tactical shooter forum, 3 guys have to get from A to B with 16 hunting him.

Aaa,I knew someone must have come up with it already!

I was getting chased by a ghillied sniper, another lad on foot and a Vodnik last night, heart pounding stuff. Forgot it was Dayz nearly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056801262

gonna try again this wed. had about 12 ppl lots of fun. mission still in testing a few bugs still to iron out, and suggestions taken on board. add laviski on steam or pm me on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Laviski wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056801262

gonna try again this wed. had about 12 ppl lots of fun. mission still in testing a few bugs still to iron out, and suggestions taken on board. add laviski on steam or pm me on boards.

Ambient civilians :)

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Ambient civilians :)

Ambiant civvies who drive around also would make it a little more difficult to pin down movement on the roads.

• Advertisement

And if killed by Opfor results in a punishment for them.

Some islands dont support the module but theres a mod for that :p

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Yelnahs

If there were enough people there could be a hunger games/battle royale type deal... sort of like the survivedayz events

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Yelnahs wrote: »
    If there were enough people there could be a hunger games/battle royale type deal... sort of like the survivedayz events

You mean regular DayZ?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Yelnahs

Regular DayZ but an organised event like...

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

Mitch Connors is streaming, Kills em with Words!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

Banned our first hackers yay :/

Feckers forgot to put up DarT bypass so we fooked them over spawning ai, green skodas and parachuting cows lol, banned guid style :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Squarewave

"Look ma, no hands!"

A6KBGl.jpg
    Y961Al.jpg
    NSs0ll.jpg
    urEmIl.jpg

how i love the derpy Rmod motorbike haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

After maybe 60-70 days offline, thanks to busted computer and then Steam acting all weird with Arma, I logged in and nearly cried with joy to see I still had all my gear. Assault rifle, tonnes of ammo, a backpack full of food, painkillers and water bottles... Everything I could need.

Then almost immediately someone shot me in the back of the head with a pistol. :(

Ah well. I'm going to try a female skin character this time to see if it causes anyone to hesitate before shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭SasQuatch88

Nothing says welcome back to DayZ than a fool with a Makarov..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I wasn't even that upset. The thrill of trying to scrape together enough gear to survive the first day is just wonderfully compelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Sarky wrote: »
    I wasn't even that upset. The thrill of trying to scrape together enough gear to survive the first day is just wonderfully compelling.

Or grabbing an axe and laying in wait near Balota....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

Anyone tried this, Dayz Drifter mod.
    I just saw controllable dogs and started downloading!. There is a server on Six updater so might try and get on later.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Anyone interested in doing an event similar to Dayz Survival? Say 10 pairs of players some Friday evening, kick off around 8PM and see how it runs? Would need a locked server though?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

platinums wrote: »
    Anyone tried this, Dayz Drifter mod.
    I just saw controllable dogs and started downloading!. There is a server on Six updater so might try and get on later.

Ha just came here to post about it. Have been on it for the last couple hours. Seems like it might be my home for a while anyway

Edit: @TheFairy I would be up for something like that, maybe when the standalone comes out we could organize something. We would deffo need a locked private server

Looking to see if I can russel a small server up for this at the moment, not sure if our box is powerful enough, but I'm going to have a go anyways. It would be a private hive etc, only to be used for this type of game play. Been watching the videos and love the concept etc.

TheFairy wrote: »
    Looking to see if I can russel a small server up for this at the moment, not sure if our box is powerful enough, but I'm going to have a go anyways. It would be a private hive etc, only to be used for this type of game play. Been watching the videos and love the concept etc.

i think you will like my fugitives mission 24 guys hunting down 3. its still in testing and balancing issues addressed since our game last wed, and we are having another game of that 2nite. if ya fancy joining me add me on steam to get in touch 2nite from 8 onwards. alot of the dayz active group will be there.

Laviski I might just do that. Thanks. Have a server installed on our box in Dublin, and up and running but cant test till I get home.

Private server up and running, had a few of us on it last night for testing. Not sure how stable it will be with say 20 on it.....hard to find a defiantive answer re CPU requirements of server for this many players etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

TheFairy wrote: »
    Private server up and running, had a few of us on it last night for testing. Not sure how stable it will be with say 20 on it.....hard to find a defiantive answer re CPU requirements of server for this many players etc.
      • CPU: Modern Quad Core @ 2.0Ghz+ (CPU is the main bottleneck for an ArmA server, so the more powerful the better)
      • RAM: 8GB (RAM isn't a big issue in an ArmA server, so don't be overly concerned with having copious amounts)
      • Storage: 50GB+ HDD - 500 IOPS minimum. SSD or 15k RPM SAS is recommended.
      • Network: 100Mbps+ dedicated. Bandwidth cap must be at least 2TB or more.
      Just an advisory about the networking involved...be prepared to have your UL absolutely assraped. When I admin'd the boards servers, that was one of the more eyeopening experiences of my DayZ experiences!

Some people have nightmares of the Stary Sobor raids, NW airfield infiltrations, Berizino nights...I have the UL on the server to keep me awake at night lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

2TB bandwidth? One word: LOL

• Advertisement

2TB is for a full Dayz server uploading to client and hive 100gb per day

Not so much when private but still a lot for a game 40 gb per day

For Laviskis mission running for a day it would be around 10tb if server full all day.

This discussion has been closed.
    Advertisement