Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

What are your specs?

Arma II is generally quite demanding to play. Jackfrags recently made a video which detailed how it's possible to build a really cheap (£300) computer capable of running quite a few of the modern PC titles out at the moment, including DayZ. Don't expect to run them at their highest settings, however.

Video is here.

3GHz dual core 4Gb ddr2 amd graphics card 1024mb i think could be more.

ah ok fair enough its on microsoft site somewhere saying a deal was made but cant find the bloody thing now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

3GHz dual core 4Gb ddr2 amd graphics card 1024mb i think could be more.

ah ok fair enough its on microsoft site somewhere saying a deal was made but cant find the bloody thing now...

I'd say you could run Arma II with those specs. You would certainly have to run it at pretty low settings to get a workable framerate out of it, but I imagine that's the case for quite a lot of people on this thread.

There are also independently made Graphics Drivers and tweaks out there that will certainly boost your framerate as well. If I can remember the sites that I downloaded them off back in the day, I'll post them here.

Before you fork out for the game, you should try running the free version of Arma II to get an idea of what kind of performance you could expect.

ah very good will def give it a try thanks for that....what price is to be expected?

might wait till i get the alien in may and try it on that as no point playing "pixle wars" lol

ah very good will def give it a try thanks for that....what price is to be expected?

might wait till i get the alien in may and try it on that as no point playing "pixle wars" lol

You should really try building your own PC if you're thinking of upgrading!

Not only will you save tonnes of money over some Alienware Machine, you will also have a computer which is infinitely faster. You can also scale a lot better for your budget and create a machine which is much more suited to your needs. Just post in the PC Building & Upgrading subforum here, and they can help you out in terms of choosing the cheapest parts.

Even if you don't feel comfortable assembling the computer yourself, you can always just throw the parts down to your local computer Centre, and they will assemble it there for you in about a day or two.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

aoodi wrote: »
    whats with all the poxy backstabbing russians on the server, that would kill ya for anything. they take everything. and kill u if u go near anything. it is an irish server rite? gona find a english server. pvp friendly.

Next time your on the server & im on i'll team up with you :)

I'm 100% going to shoot you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 aoodi

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Next time your on the server & im on i'll team up with you :)

I'm 100% going to shoot you

whats ur user name.

whats ur user name.

If you see the name "Rinzler", run for your life!

whats ur user name.

I have many aliases, ktulu is usually a nice guy, Rinzler is known by many as a complete asshole, Some Boobs is just awesome & Nicholas Brody might be good & bad, he's not sure yet.

All of these guys will still shoot you in your face for beans

You should really try building your own PC if you're thinking of upgrading!

Not only will you save tonnes of money over some Alienware Machine, you will also have a computer which is infinitely faster. You can also scale a lot better for your budget and create a machine which is much more suited to your needs. Just post in the PC Building & Upgrading subforum here, and they can help you out in terms of choosing the cheapest parts.

Even if you don't feel comfortable assembling the computer yourself, you can always just throw the parts down to your local computer Centre, and they will assemble it there for you in about a day or two.

Ah I just like the shell's. Putting it together is not a problem....i could program it from the ground up if needed be. Looked in to building my own a few times but never bothered. Built enough for other people mind you

anyone fancy creating a small squad/camp??? im just starting again. so if anyone else is and wants too team up. username boggie im a friendly for now. but if feks keep shooting me while im unarmed i wont be :P
    ill be on teamspeak anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

I have many aliases, ktulu is usually a nice guy, Rinzler is known by many as a complete asshole, Some Boobs is just awesome & Nicholas Brody might be good & bad, he's not sure yet.

All of these guys will still shoot you in your face for beans

BOLLOX your a total C**T in all shapes and sizes :D and i will have my revenge for friday night shooting me in the face with a .338 lapua

In fairness you were shooting me first & I have the proof of that too dont you forget. Im compiling a video of all your ****ebag things that you have done :P

In fairness you were shooting me first & I have the proof of that too dont you forget. Im compiling a video of all your ****ebag things that you have done :P
    `well iv learnt the hard way. shoot on sight unless ur on ts :P fuk that. :eek:

namalsk server is down, just tried getting on. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

twas rebooting at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

ah come on 400 rounds from a mk48 / 3 rpgs and 200 rounds from a machine gun nest doesnt count as shooting at you , ya pussy :D
    id i wanted to kill ya i would have with the LRR :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,208 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Had some fun on Gaellords wasteland server there. I was on my own though, I'm used to playing on an american server where almost everyone is either blufor or opfor and we all just work together to build bases and go on raids and stuff. I must give your namalsk server a go next.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Ah I just like the shell's. Putting it together is not a problem....i could program it from the ground up if needed be.

If that was the case I'd imagine you'd have more sense than to buy an alienware.

Haven't felt like playing much recently, spent a good bit in the steam sales so I have a backlog of games I am trying to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

Alienware?? yeesh...sorry but buying from them is terrible terrible idea!

There is literally €1000+ to be saved by building yourself, which would be a fraction of the cost. If it were the case of a couple of hundred, maybe it would be worth the hassle + the support but 4 zeros is too much wedge.

yeah you'd imagine but no sense here lol just seen the VAT on it aswell as P&P so you think base price is bad.

• Advertisement

but if i had da money i would buy their laptop's thou :D

they are tasty

Dude at least give a look into building your own PC before you buy Alienware.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

Just about went cold turkey from ArmA deprivation for the past 2 weeks I was in South Africa... Haven't slept in 12 + hours but got home and logged on :D

Laviski wrote: »
    but if i had da money i would buy their laptop's thou :D

Yeah, the laptops I'd consider if portability was necessary but not otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

dreamers75 wrote: »
    have you same version of the game as the server ie beta?

1.7.4.4 - same version indeed

1.7.4.4 - same version indeed

Same Arma version as well?
    I'm not sure what version the server is running but updating to the newest one usually does the job.
    http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

100296 - i always get the last one using dayZ commander ... which is not the latest! let me try that ;)

thanks for the help guys

100697 now - still not good . I am obiously missing something, but i really don't get it.

• Advertisement

have you downloaded dayz namalsk?

4 things you need:

beta patch
    dayz = 1.7.4
    dayznamalsk = DayZ: Namalsk v0.73
    Namalsk Crisis Update 2: Pathfinder = http://www.nightstalkers.cz/en_index_nc.php?menu=en_nc_down
    you download the full package install then dl and install the update. 800megs+ and patch is about 80megs

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement