Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

Good games last night lads really as someone said last night i dont know how sitting up in a clocktower can be so much fun ha..on another note ive been using Arma 2 free with operation arrowhead and want to get the hd textures for the map. Will i have to go through the whole process of setting up beta and dayz again if i were to buy arma 2 original or can i just uninstall free version and install original version?

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭longwhitecross+

IgsTer wrote: »
    Good games last night lads really as someone said last night i dont know how sitting up in a clocktower can be so much fun ha..on another note ive been using Arma 2 free with operation arrowhead and want to get the hd textures for the map. Will i have to go through the whole process of setting up beta and dayz again if i were to buy arma 2 original or can i just uninstall free version and install original version?

Im taking a stab in the dark that you'll have to get them into combined operations again and reinstall dayz/beta. I'm not sure if the Dayz and beta directories stay after the uninstall?

If you're using the launcher you can put a folder anywhere handy with both dayz and beta in it afaik and tell the launcher where they are, and it'll handle the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

IgsTer wrote: »
    Good games last night lads really as someone said last night i dont know how sitting up in a clocktower can be so much fun ha..

Apologies to all for my disturbingly girlie flare throwing skills last night. It was just that I thought you all looked lovely in that pastel red light :p

And a bit of advise to anybody starting out... be very, VERY feckin' careful with the "Respawn" button when what you really wanted to do was change the video settings :eek:. There is no "Are you sure? Yes / No".......... I cried a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Should have Boards sever up tonight. PM me if you want to contribute, a few more people contribute and we can upgrade the server to the next level which hopefully should run 50 or 60 slots http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056643332&page=5

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

just bought arma 2 and arrowhead (and sins of a solar empire trinity..damn you steam)

downloading now so hopefully will be able to play some tomorrow :)

looking forward to this, watched loads of videos on youtube last night it looks amazing fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Guys would suggest that you adjust the time so that it doesnt turn night till say around 00:00 or so rather than earlier in the evening.

If guys are out at work etc they will never get to play the game during the daytime. This is allowed by the mod devs, night time can be anytime on your server, but you must have night time.

Would seem alot of players agree. Not against the night time play, but feel that its more fun during the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

A few clips from my weekends exploits

zombie breaks his legs like a boss

someone had a field day massacring zombies in cherno

So im at the NW airfield at the moment. I made a dawn raid and snuck in without being spotted by anyone. Sadly i decided to swop my revolver for a PDW, which as it turns out is crap. And for ****s and giggles i swopped my winchester for a barret 50 cal :D
    Ive successfuly made it alive out of the airfield, and am back in Vybor, looking for a pistol to replace this ****ty PDW!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Barrett .50 cal? You'll pull every damn zombie on the map with that monster :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Me and 3 others decided to hit the NW airfield last night, was pretty full of zombies so we decided to try the stealth approach and sneak into the control tower and take them out from there forcing them to walk inside or up the ladder. MISTAKE.
    So we couldnt get up the ladder and decided to try go through the door which periodically glitches out and doesnt allow people to enter, this was one of those times. By the time we figured we werent getting in there a hopper had zeroed in on me and we were stuck in a corner so we couldnt do much else but kill it as silently as possible with a makarov, this aggroed everything so we quickly switch over to our big guns, between us 2 ak's and 2 enfields.
    Things werent going great but i thought we might make it until i spotted about 15-20 more runners sprinting from behind the hangers, afterwards i realised id been firing in that direction and some bullets must have missed and aggroed them, anyway after that its was pretty much a slaughter.

Anyway lesson learned, dont let yourself get surrounded like that it can only go one way unless your very lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭stoofer

I enjoyed my first session with ye lads. Good stuff.
    I don't know if I'll have time to get on this evening but would it be best to keep the tent I picked up for the boards' server?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Keep it until we decide on a place for the boards camp (discuss in the group, not here).
    The server will hopefully be up tonight so if you can't come on tonight, someone will be on some other night during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

GO_Bear wrote: »
    Will give it another try Tonight, might actually get to see a zombie this time
    Press X. Walking crouched is better than running; less zombes will see or hear you.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Whats the deal with tents btw? Does it give you somewhere to stash loot or something?

Seems like they are worth killing for anyway :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

someone had a field day massacring zombies in cherno

!

Head over to vybor and it looks similar thanks to me gunning down 30 zombies and legging it with 10 other zombies following me all the way to the north west airfield!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭twinQuins

Was shot the second I logged in today, put me off playing for a while. I don't mind being killed when I've made a mistake or was being careless but that's too cheap to be comfortable with.

Happen to anyone else yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I spawned beside a guy on a rooftop at the main airfield. I casually walked up behind up him, popped a round in his head and stole all of his delicious goodies.

I don't normally shoot people but I had a pistol with 2 rounds and had no meds, water or food. He, on the other hand, was armed to the teeth with a DMZ scope and loads of ammo.

My, was he mighty mad :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

That's the new plan then.
    Roam from server to server spawning on the clocktower. Shooting, looting and moving on.
    Like interdimensional asshats.

Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

James74 wrote: »
    Apologies to all for my disturbingly girlie flare throwing skills last night. It was just that I thought you all looked lovely in that pastel red light :p

lol i was the same mate didnt know you had to power up before throwing them :rolleyes: threw one on the roof right as we started to be sniped at and in an attempt to try extinguish it I threw it back further onto the roof lighting us up even more! :( good laugh doh :D
    Villain wrote: »
    Should have Boards sever up tonight. PM me if you want to contribute, a few more people contribute and we can upgrade the server to the next level which hopefully should run 50 or 60 slots http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056643332&page=5

PM sent mate :)

Im taking a stab in the dark that you'll have to get them into combined operations again and reinstall dayz/beta. I'm not sure if the Dayz and beta directories stay after the uninstall?

If you're using the launcher you can put a folder anywhere handy with both dayz and beta in it afaik and tell the launcher where they are, and it'll handle the rest.

Yeah thats what i was afraid of :( going to buy it now in anyways and hope for the best!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

For the love of all that is holy and good, please have night on the server to fall after 2 or 3am. Need a good offset EU server for evening play that isn't in pitch black.

I would think some time around 1-2am would be a good time for it to turn night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

I would vote around 11.30 - 12pm for nightfall. But whichever as theres always loads of servers set to nightime anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Im getting this tonight,playing tomorrow hopefully.

Is there a site with tips etc to get a good start?

Should be able to hook up with a few friends online,if not how do i find the boards members?

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    Im getting this tonight,playing tomorrow hopefully.

Is there a site with tips etc to get a good start?

Should be able to hook up with a few friends online,if not how do i find the boards members?

The boards server is up tonight hopefully, so you can use that, or game tracker.
    Check the DayZ group for lots of tips.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭GarethBah

Just managed to get into a game any game i join i get "Waiting for server response" when i got in i was a bird and was flying around :/

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭longwhitecross+

GarethBah wrote: »
    Just managed to get into a game any game i join i get "Waiting for server response" when i got in i was a bird and was flying around :/

I know it sucks for you, but, man i'd love to get that bug once. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

The boards server is up tonight hopefully, so you can use that, or game tracker.
    Check the DayZ group for lots of tips.

Downloading,got combined operations from steam.

Applied for the group,ill look for the servers once im good to go:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Paularius

Had a great time today.
    Aggroed a zombie in a small town to the east. Was running along the main road through another small town with about 30 zombies after me (They dont give up) Made it to elektro and saw a bandit looting a servivor infront of the church so made a bee line straight for him with about 30+ zombies after me. He took one look at me and did a legger.
    Never before have i chased off a bandit so fast xD

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

What servers are people heading to this evening? Wouldn't mind meeting up with folks who don't kill me.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

Ponster wrote: »

that server needs a patch that doesnt come on the steam version :(, also is there a steam group or somethin for boards?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement