Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Looking forward to playing tonight with the new update. Popped on for a minute earlier and noticed the new Temperature level in the debug window, no Unsaved timer either - think it saves on exit now? Makes it much more interesting too not being able to refill water at the sea - will have to be more careful around ponds/lakes. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

You can use the North Star at Night...
    how-to-find-the-north-star.jpg

And during the day you can use a watch if you have one:

Remember Conor? Did someone kill him a couple of times last night? - He's a boardsie lol...

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

lol @ running for an hour from cherno to cherno

are we setting up camp somewhere too or what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Korvanica wrote: »
    Remember Conor? Did someone kill him a couple of times last night? - He's a boardsie lol...

HE DIDN'T DO THE DANCE!

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭ConmanTheKiller

You should know I'm a very bad dancer

_vti wrote: »
    are we setting up camp somewhere too or what?

Yea, chec out the Dayz group for the discussion. Cant do it here.
    Group Link
    You should know I'm a very bad dancer

q,e,q,e,q,e,q,e,q,e

Were you in Mumble last night? You're a lot less likely to get shot if you're in the Mumble chat.

Unless you run in front of someone whos shooting a winchester and they blow your head off... Oops :pac: ...

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭ConmanTheKiller

I wasn't on the mumble, I'll install that later on after my exam

Korvanica wrote: »
    Yea, chec out the Dayz group for the discussion. Cant do it here.

Don't think I've been added to the group

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I think someone was cheating on the sever this morning about 11. His name was James. How do you report them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

What kind of ping are people getting on the boards server? It's showing up as 2500ms for me. Any reason why that could be?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,825 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Any chance of a group add?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

_vti wrote: »
    Don't think I've been added to the group

There is minimum amount of posts you need to do before I can grant you access. Try anyway at the link below and if you get the message just post some more on Boards before trying again. If you don't get the message then I'll add you.
    o1s1n wrote: »
    Any chance of a group add?

Just go to http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/group.php?groupid=320, submit and I'll add you :)

I've added the recent submissions (nearly 60 in group at present) and updated the group IGN thread so if your in the group and play the game, post there and I'll add your name to the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

what a epic night! i played till freaking 1am!!

Here is what happened. i respawned all the way in cherno and made my way north and met up with manble along the way and we teamed up together and followed the power lines going north east towards the damn where the helicopter is.

we avoided most towns along the way and came across a couple of zombies. one i aggroed that split us up briefly. i took the zombie down and met up with manble again who waited for me but could have left me(cheers).

We managed to end up where the helicopter is which took us an hour or two to reach their!

we waited for Marker to join us there and he came with a couple of other guys in a jeep!

manble had the final missing piece to fix the helicopter so hefixed it and we was off!! but it had low fuel so we all decided to take the jeep and go to the airfield nearby and get some fuel.

We reached their and took as much as we can and came back to the helicopter to refuel.

after that we went flyed back to the airfield with he heli as it was still not much fuel so we went their and refueled the heli as much as we can.

LOADS of zombies just popped up near us and we moawed them down! all of us with rifles so it was cool :)

after refueling we flies around the major cities of the map and basically killed everything that moved around the big cities with the machine guns attached to the helicopter lol.

Was the best night i have had on DayZ. soo good i was up till 1am when i normally goo to bed at 11 during the weekdays! was well worth it!

some pics

7245636478_e79b92b706_c.jpg
    arma2oa 2012-05-22 00-14-13-66 by jonneymendoza, on Flickr

7245669412_d8bf2ef705.jpg
    arma2oa 2012-05-22 00-17-00-54 by jonneymendoza, on Flickr

7245582200_b6df14542e.jpg
    arma2oa 2012-05-21 23-58-41-33 by jonneymendoza, on Flickr

7245573202_e1883c1a93.jpg
    arma2oa 2012-05-21 23-57-49-43 by jonneymendoza, on Flickr

7245533124_7f0d1fa38d.jpg
    arma2oa 2012-05-21 23-50-25-50 by jonneymendoza, on Flickr

7245449118_9cc18dba21.jpg
    arma2oa 2012-05-21 22-21-19-57 by jonneymendoza, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Who was flying?
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Hey, I just got attacked by zombies, Im bleeding out at the moment. Went from 12000 to about 5000 blood, but i HAVE 2 sets of bandages in my inventory.

They changed the middle mouse bandage option, its supposed to be right click on the item in inventory at the moment, but when i right click bandages, I drop them, I dont actually use them.

How do i fix this ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

-Vega- wrote: »
    Hey, I just got attacked by zombies, Im bleeding out at the moment. Went from 12000 to about 5000 blood, but i HAVE 2 sets of bandages in my inventory.

They changed the middle mouse bandage option, its supposed to be right click on the item in inventory at the moment, but when i right click bandages, I drop them, I dont actually use them.

How do i fix this ?

I had this problem last night because I only updated teh patch file, there was actually about 4 or 5 files in total I had to update.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

this is too cool

• Registered Users Posts: 47 alpomb

Hi all,

Just saying hello and that I'm gonna try and get on the boards.ie server as much as I can in the coming weeks!!!

It looks so good. At the moment I don't know my arse from my elbow with the game but looking to change that.

Hope to see some of ye online :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Jet Black wrote: »
    I think someone was cheating on the sever this morning about 11. His name was James. How do you report them?

Define cheating?
    What kind of ping are people getting on the boards server? It's showing up as 2500ms for me. Any reason why that could be?

25 in game, the browser number is due to a port issue. Wouldnt take it as gospel, also keeps the server empty :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Only just noticed the boards server in my list now, joining as we speak! In game name is brerlappin

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

Boards server just crashed. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Define cheating?

I'm not sure. It was coming up in the feed that players were being killed by him.

John was killed by James.

A few players were kept saying that he was cheating then he disconnected.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Jet Black wrote: »

I'm claiming complete innocence and have no knowledge of this "James" character...

..in fact it was FlyingIrishMan...it was him...he did it...

....and Fawkon hates puppies.

(no really, not me, I'm James74 :cool:)

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Fussgangerzone

Ooooh, I'm going to play the bum off this.

I've spent a few days learning (read: suffering), but haven't had a really good team-up yet.

How is the time set up on the boards server? GMT, or is it shifted so people playing in the evening can have some daylight?

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

Ooooh, I'm going to play the bum off this.

I've spent a few days learning (read: suffering), but haven't had a really good team-up yet.

How is the time set up on the boards server? GMT, or is it shifted so people playing in the evening can have some daylight?

Think its -5 or something so shouldnt get dark till around 12-1am im guessing?

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Fussgangerzone

Jelly 292 wrote: »
    God damnit, gunned down for 3rd time running after having the guy in my sights and not shooting. I give up on being a nice human. Im killing anyone who comes near me

Do you mean you held him in your sights and didn't aim away? Because that would be a DayZ faux pas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

My four day survival spree just came to an end :( The Z's seem to be much more alert now which is a good thing, it's just awkward fumbling through the gear menu now to bandage yourself up, really adds to the tension though!

Lost my coyote backpack too but it'll be fun starting fresh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭Wossack

I think I read somewhere, that you can lower your gun by doubletapping ctrl

have not tried it yet though (shoot first :))

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement