Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Gaunty wrote: »
    Boards server just crashed. :(

proper crashed or your frozen? I dont have access to restart it in work. Asked Villain to check on it.
    Jet Black wrote: »
    I'm not sure. It was coming up in the feed that players were being killed by him.

John was killed by James.

A few players were kept saying that he was cheating then he disconnected.

Shouldnt say anyone was killed by anyone, i will check the log later.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

Proper crashed i believe. No-one else on mumble could connect either after losing connection. It's not showing up in the browser anymore. No panic though, i'm off to make a bit of dinner and think the rest of the lads went off to do a few things also!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Yeah i couldnt connect in the end myself. Ill try again later tonight, would well be up for a game with some of you :) I promise not to fire the barrett in the middle of any zombie infested towns...

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

Yeah i was on it earlier about an hour ago now and it seemed to crash happened to everyone i believe as we were on mumble. Now its not listed in the filter at all. Was a bit jerky here and there for about an hour before crashing as well player movements being a bit laggy and jumping from place to place and yellow/red chains every 10-15 mins or so but that could of just been my connection? Could be a central server issue as well or maybe just 40 is too many slots for the server I dunno.

Will check it out, seemed to be coping fine. May have to auto restart it every few hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭derm0j073

Got this up and running after a lot of messing , been a console gamer all my life so I'm clueless when it comes to setting up this kind of thing . Cheers to Auvers for posting the guide , couldn't have done it without you .

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

Wossack wrote: »
    I think I read somewhere, that you can lower your gun by doubletapping ctrl

have not tried it yet though (shoot first :))
    It works but only with primary's like AK's, not with pistols.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I started it again now
    Error:
    Faulting module name: ARMA2OASERVER.exe, version: 1.60.87.548, time stamp: 0x4ef1cd28
    Exception code: 0xc0000005

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Brogotten is on the server at the moment, how the hell did we lose him last night.
    So many of us looking for him..

spawned in on the balota air tower, see a bandit there, disconnected straight way, I got too good of stuff to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭longwhitecross+

Brogotten is on the server at the moment, how the hell did we lose him last night.
    So many of us looking for him..

spawned in on the balota air tower, see a bandit there, disconnected straight way, I got too good of stuff to lose.

Bah thats the game, i'm sure the people who come up against the ganking groups of 8+ boardies feel the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭SwarfegaHead

A mate of mine introduced me to this the other night, pitch black, alone, no bearings, didn't know what to do. Happened upon a survivor who i pal'd around wiht for a bit, til we reached a trainyard and he got overwhelmed by zeds and horribly killed. Held out on a platform and eventually made my way to the roof of a nearby tower building, at the expense of all my flares, water, and all but two rounds for my Makarov. Sure death was inevitable, I watched the undead shamble below me. Next thing I knew there were flares going up, and shots being fired, and I had a friendly up on the roof with me, kind enough to give me ammo and water in exchange for some food. He was unfortunate enough to be plugged in the face by a bandit on his way back down, right in front of my eyes. It was horrific.

This is effin' right laugh, I'ma hop on the boards server as soon as there's room, if ye don't mind babysitting for the night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭decnug

Submitted to join the Group, hopefully will get my new mic for mumble tommorow.
    Ingame name FortyCoats

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

decnug wrote: »
    Submitted to join the Group, hopefully will get my new mic for mumble tommorow.
    Ingame name FortyCoats

I was wondering who FortyCoats was!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,618 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Gave in, have this downloading for steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

Boards server is down again. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mossay

Sad panda, stuck on "waiting for server response" on all the other servers. Considering just downloading the beta patch for arma to be able to access the half populated servers

Mossay wrote: »
    Sad panda, stuck on "waiting for server response" on all the other servers. Considering just downloading the beta patch for arma to be able to access the half populated servers

Are there other empty servers?

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Are there other empty servers?

Not empty, but 23/50 playing and low latency. you need the beta patch to access them though, they show up in the arma 2 server browser though with the official patch, you just cant join them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Most servers I'm joining have been stalling for ages on the 'waiting for response' screen.

Also getting lots of yellow/red chains.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Joined the boards server for the first time this morning. Best geared and longest going character I've had. Was killed by a bandit within 5 minutes ><

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I started the server again, looks like could be an issue with the master server.

Villain wrote: »
    I started the server again, looks like could be an issue with the master server.

Few other people reporting the same with the hotfix installed.

The last line of the RPT will show what causes the exe crash.

Just logged into a beta server, no waiting, 40/40 people playing. Instant start :D

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

I'm just clicking refresh constantly waiting for a slot to open up.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Frankly my dear

Anyone else feel like the game is kinda choppier with this update?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Managed to get a couple bandits last night.

One of the bandits was crouching over some loot in the back of a shop, and after a bit of deliberation, I decided to shoot him. I shot 3 times but he didn't go down. I don't know if I missed or what but he ran into the front of the shop and I followed. He eventually died after I shot him another couple of times - only to spontaneously revive after a minute or so. (Not sure if this was a bug, hack or a feature of the game.) Fortunately I was checking the loot in the shop at the time and I was able to shoot him several more times. He didn't move after that.

Luck was on my side because his friend who I hadn't seen happened to be a remarkably bad shot. After a brief exchange not unlike the Hamburger scene in Pulp Fiction he lay dead.

Then some other random player walked in and shot me as I was bandaging myself. Ho-hum!

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Fussgangerzone

Flippin eck, I keep getting automatically kicked.
    I'm on version 6.
    speedtest.net has my ping at 30ms, and the servers I'm trying to connect are all green.

Was it something I said?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Ive been trying for over an hour,got in for all of 10 minutes and realised i couldnt figure how to play the damn thing.
    Left,done a quick boot camp and now i cant get back into any

search "boards" in the server name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Frankly my dear

Whats the deal with the body-bags? Are they players who were killed or just decoration to add to the atmosphere, or something much more sinister than that?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement