Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

All these first hand expierinces are making me want to play this even more... only a few more hours before I join in the fun!

I hear that Arma has complicated controls so would it best to do say the training in arma II or is it easy enough to pick up that you can jump straight onto a server.

Id give the tutorials a quick go in Normal ARMA 2 before giving the DayZ a go. Even if it's just the normal Infantry training to get used to some of the keys and actions

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Try the tutorials here on the Dayz forum, should give you an idea of what to do.

Also, the master server is being killed by demand so you have to be patient for the moment when entering a server.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Rumor has it that if I join one server and play, then join another that I'll spawn in the place i quit with all my gear, my now empty pistol and an unfortunate about of blood.
    Is this true?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I keep getting this error when trying to connect.

You cannot play/edit this misson; it is dependable on downloadable content that has been deleted.days_code, dayz_weapons, dayz_equip, dayz_vehicles'

The files are there.

arma2cap.png

Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Jelly 292

I keep getting this error when trying to connect.

You cannot play/edit this misson; it is dependable on downloadable content that has been deleted.days_code, dayz_weapons, dayz_equip, dayz_vehicles'

The files are there.

Hi Jet Black,

First - do you have ARMA 2 installed? If not download ARMA Free thru steam.
    Then you go to your ARMA free folder copy the Addons folder. Then go to Operation arrowhead directory and paste the Addons folder in there.
    Then do this:

Amend the launch properties of Operation Arrowhead through Steam game properties and paste the following in:

-nosplash -world=empty -mod=@dayz

If a box pops up when u lauch game asking what you want to launch make sure is 'Combined Operations' or this will not work!

When Arma launches you should see @dayz written in the top RHS of your arma options menu.

Happy Hunting

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Yeah you MUST launch combined operations or you'll just keep getting that error.

Jelly 292 wrote: »
    -nosplash -world=empty -mod=@dayz

That's what I was missing. Thanks.

Rumor has it that if I join one server and play, then join another that I'll spawn in the place i quit with all my gear, my now empty pistol and an unfortunate about of blood.
    Is this true?

Yup, all your data goes back to the master server which all Dayz servers are linked to. It doesn't matter what server you join, all your data is saved.

If you're beyond screwed it's just easier to start over again. As I'm getting used to the map I'm finding it easier to equip myself faster as you begin to know where to look.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,007 ✭✭✭Wossack

must resist getting yet another game... waa.. stop writing such good posts about it lads..!

Duggy747 wrote: »
    If you're beyond screwed it's just easier to start over again. As I'm getting used to the map I'm finding it easier to equip myself faster as you begin to know where to look.

Damn it no!
    Fight to the end!

I have some food to replenish my blood, and if I'm careful I should find some Makarov ammo.

• Advertisement

Damn it no!
    Fight to the end!

I have some food to replenish my blood, and if I'm careful I should find some Makarov ammo.

It's next to impossible to get anything done on your own with no ammo. I spent about 2 hours wandering about, didn't come in contact with anyone and any place I came across had either zombies in them or no loot (some servers were bugged yesterday with little zombies (about 20) and no loot)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,825 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

All these first hand expierinces are making me want to play this even more...#.

My first experience involved me wandering around in the dark for about an hour, not having a clue what anything was.

In the end I decided to light the place up with flares.

Cue a load of people on the chat wondering WTF was going on in the distance with all the flares.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

this thread needs more first hand experience pieces!!

strangely addictive reading!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I just died :(

I was wandering through a forest and saw some flares in a nearby town. I decided to run for it as I didn't hear anything in the surroundings. Of course just my luck a zombie picks himself up from behind a bush and starts chasing me. I only had 2 bullets left so luckily for me I headshot him with the first bullet.

I slowly descended into the town, only to be welcome with 12 rotting zombie corpses and 2 survivor corpses. Things looked grim, I searched the survivors but they were already looted. I found a hunting knife in a nearby building. I quickly moved onwards towards the flare. I reached the flare eventually, only to find in horror one survivor cornered by 3 zombies. He screamed to me that he was out of bullets.

I lined up one zombie and took him out with a headshot. I got out my hunting knife and stabbed one of them. Both stopped approaching him, and turned at me. I ran for it. I was done for. I was running away from the inevitable. I stopped running, at which point I was near the edge of town. I turned, and faced them head on. Then a saviour came.

Someone shouted on the mic to go prone and wait. BOOM. One zombie down. The other was still running for me. BOOM. Second one collapsed to the ground before I ran up and knifed it to finish him off. I looked around and couldn't find a soul, until I looked up. A guy had stationed himself in a tower armed with a sniper rifle, and saved my life. I couldn't thank him enough. I went up to the tower where he provided me with food and rounds. It was awesome. I told him I was moving onto a less zombie-ridden town. There was word on chat that a 20 man group had holed up in a town about 5km away. So I decided I would head that way.

I walked down the tracks slowly for the next 20 minutes. Only encountered one zombie. Suddenly I hear more bullet noises. I quickly turn my head and run towards an open field and a farm, where a guy was shooting down a zombie. I asked him if he wanted help. He stood there, glaring at me... I suddenly felt like I was not wanted at all. He took aim and fired. Missed. I turn and ran, shouting 'ya prick ya' over the mic as I ran :D. Unfortunately his second and third bullet didn't miss. I was murdered.

Moral of the story, don't trust anyone :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Aw man, i really want to play. It's like how things would happen in real life (i.e. people being total dicks :P).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Why why why did this have to go mainstream and catch my attention the week before D3's release. I don't have time to play both!! :(

Keep the first hand experiences coming though, they make good reading!!

How do voice comms work in this. Is everyone on a server together in the traditional sense, or is it a case of you speak and only people nearby can hear you?

Change channel with . and ,
    In global or side channel everyone can hear you.
    In direct, only people close to you (earshot) can hear you talk or see your messages.
    Vehicle is the same but limited to the vehicle you are in.

• Advertisement

It's seems to be taking ages to connect about 15 minutes. Then when it does I'm sometimes in the middle of a forest with no weapons and no zombies. Only got it working once so far.

I just bought it. Buying a game for a mod...it's weird :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Is there an Irish/boards DayZ server set up yet?

I have all the other ArmA stuff bought and still installed from...well ages ago but I haven't played in about a year. With the amount of hype about this I am going to have to give this a go, hopefully before the pub tonight.

I'm not normally into all this "zombie" stuff normally, but I do love ArmA so I'll give it a go.

(Is there an active addon downloader/manager like AddonSync about?)

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Downloading this now. Im so glad i bought the Arma anniversary box set for 20 quid a few months ago:).

Didnt really get into the vanilla game but i know ill love this mod.:D

Hmmm.
    40 man server for €60 a month...

Next cheapest is $127... why is my too-good-to-be-true sense tingling??

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

How many Irish players are there who could meet up together on the same server this weekend? Seems to be about 5/6 based on this thread.

I can't, I'm off to the land of no internet! (rural Galway)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Id be up for meeting up for a game sometime on one of the servers. If people were interested in getting a server I wouldn't mind contributing to that either

Ponster wrote: »
    How many Irish players are there who could meet up together on the same server this weekend? Seems to be about 5/6 based on this thread.

I reckon we'll have more than just 5/6 by the weekend :D I have a few mates already stuck into it. How about Sunday night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Never heard of this game til today - now everyone is talking about it! I have Arma II but no Arrowhead - will a downloadable copy of Arrowhead (such as http://www.gamesrocket.com/download/Arma-II-Operation-Arrowhead.html) worked with my retail copy of Arma 2?

P.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement