Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,418 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

sorry if this was posted already as I couldn't be arsed thralling through 79 pages ;)

Arma 2 Combined pack on Amazon for $14.99 download
    I am currently trying to download it now

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Skerries wrote: »
    sorry if this was posted already as I couldn't be arsed thralling through 79 pages ;)

Arma 2 Combined pack on Amazon for $14.99 download
    I am currently trying to download it now

Umm this mod is for Arma 1 :eek:

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

dreamers75 wrote: »
    search "boards" in the server name.

Its always full

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Whats the deal with the body-bags? Are they players who were killed or just decoration to add to the atmosphere, or something much more sinister than that?

"Decoration". If you go to the military bases you will find bodies of marines strewn all over the place. It's all just part of the scenery.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,418 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Umm this mod is for Arma 1 :eek:

:p

Haha! you kidder, thats about as funny as leprosy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Is there any video guide to install the arma beta. I've been trying the with the guide but can't get it working. I know Im doing something stupid but I can't figure it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

"Decoration". If you go to the military bases you will find bodies of marines strewn all over the place. It's all just part of the scenery.

I thought those "Body Bags" were other players i.e. that place where you see them was the last place they logged off from or died.

Though if i'm wrong then as you said, they may just be randomly placed decorations prob instead of loot.
    I like to think they were other players though :)

The military bodies are just the usual decoration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭pmg58

I thought those "Body Bags" were other players i.e. that place where you see them was the last place they logged off from or died.

Though if i'm wrong then as you said, they may just be randomly placed decorations prob instead of loot.
    I like to think they were other players though :)

The military bodies are just the usual decoration.

Yeah I was under the impression they were logged off players in their sleeping bags. And a lot of the time you find them in "safe places" which makes sense.

Down and back up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Fawkon

pmg58 wrote: »
    Yeah I was under the impression they were logged off players in their sleeping bags. And a lot of the time you find them in "safe places" which makes sense.
    Oh they're not!? well there goes hours of my life wasted sticking my sweaty balls on their faces while they slept thinking i was teabagging a human player having a little snooze in the middle of cherno.... damnit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Got hit with a brand new bug today. After being shot in the back/from distance two lives in a row by bandits, the game spawned me as a bird! Unfortunately there were no player characters or npcs around so couldn't get the revenge i wanted. By which i mean poop on my enemies, i'd happily play that game after getting killed for little reason on my best playthrough so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Jelly 292

just cant connect to boards.ie server, just hangs there :(

Jelly 292 wrote: »
    just cant connect to boards.ie server, just hangs there :(

I have noticed it takes around 3 minutes to fill up after a restart.

down?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Frankly my dear

Has filling your empty bottles changed since the latest patch? I am at my pond swimming around but mouse wheel giving me no option to fill. Anyone know how to do it?

Has filling your empty bottles changed since the latest patch? I am at my pond swimming around but mouse wheel giving me no option to fill. Anyone know how to do it?

Press g to open your backpack and the hover over the drink, food or whatever to put it in your belly.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Frankly my dear

Press g to open your backpack and the hover over the drink, food or whatever to put it in your belly.

Yeah I got that sorted, mate. Was just wondering about re-filling an empty water bottle while at a pond. It used to be on the mouse wheel, I tried opening my inv and right clicking the empty bottle while in the pond but nothing happened.

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    down?

yup went down and now back up, pissing me right off tbh!

Nothing wrong with the server, the game is a screen saver to the amount of resources its using.

Oh god help me, this bloody 'game'

Last night I got shot in the back by a trusted survivor when I was ready to head to the hills. I could have killed him, let him live and he killed me. Stupid but it bugged me all day. In real life.

So today I sort all my sh!t out, get camping stuff , head north, ANYONE comes to close, I shoot to kill. Great. Was sorted in the woods by NE airport, found a village, thought Id check a barn, did not need anything.
    Shot one zombie, got mobbed by 10 with no where to run to. Dead. 3 mins before I was saying to myself- everything is perfect now! Im sorted , brilliant. Dead.

What sort of mindf*ck game is this ??? never played anything like it. love it.

played twice,still havent found anyone,always run out of ammo,try again tomorrow i guess lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Can you lads help me out? I've joined the boards.ie server just now (I've only installed Arma tonight along with the mod) and I get to the pool screen. I click Okay, says receiving mission data and after that I just get brought to the server browser again (seemingly while in game) while it says 'Waiting for character to create' in the background behind it. What am I doing wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Bit of a crazy game tonight. I had a bandit skin from a self defence kill earlier which was a bit crap as I had 2700 humanity from helping others.

I find myself in elektro after being attacked by z's, down to around 800 blood. I keep calling out people to see if they can give a transfusion, one guys says he's just outside the church and never shows up.

So I start to wander around, end up in elektro school, find and alice pack and while I'm arranging my gear some guy comes through the door, I didn't even have a gun equipped and I was gunned down :(

I respawn about a minute away from elektro and promptly decide to run to the school again, manage to get a winchester and some ammo, no sign of the guy who killed me. I see on chat a guy says he's in Elektro church and wants to team up, I figure it could be the guy who killed me and rushed over there.

I run in, once I see him in the black hat etc, I blast him in the face with the shotgun. I then hold off around 20 z's with it in the church and start to loot the place properly. Next thing I see is another survivor all in black next to me so I just fire thinking it was the other guy back for revenge. Unfortunately it was Cravez, sorry again :p.

Another survivor enters, I say I'm friendly, a z gets me and I passed out on the ground, then the survivor trys to loot me when I'm not even dead! My blood was draining fast and it reached 300 as I was just about the get up, i tried to fire a few shots into him but he got me first. Great game though!

Yeah I got that sorted, mate. Was just wondering about re-filling an empty water bottle while at a pond. It used to be on the mouse wheel, I tried opening my inv and right clicking the empty bottle while in the pond but nothing happened.

It's excatly the same. You press the bottle when you are in water to refill.
    Can you lads help me out? I've joined the boards.ie server just now (I've only installed Arma tonight along with the mod) and I get to the pool screen. I click Okay, says receiving mission data and after that I just get brought to the server browser again (seemingly while in game) while it says 'Waiting for character to create' in the background behind it. What am I doing wrong?

The master server is probably being mobbed. It just can't handle the traffic at the moment. You just have to wait or maybe join a server with less people on it. If you enter a forest and you don't have any items (g or mouse wheel), can't see yourself (enter key on number pad) and can't hear any ambient sounds then leave the server as you are in the "debug forest". No problems getting into the Boards server. It's just now I get a horrible graphical glitch whereby any time I look at the sun the screen fills with artefacts and I can't see anything but weird polygons and fuzz.

I'm held up in Olsha at the moment. If anyone is in the area tomorrow I'd like to team up. BTW, loooooads of loot in Khelm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

The master server is probably being mobbed. It just can't handle the traffic at the moment. You just have to wait or maybe join a server with less people on it. If you enter a forest and you don't have any items (g or mouse wheel), can't see yourself (enter key on number pad) and can't hear any ambient sounds then leave the server as you are in the "debug forest".

Thanks. I'll keep you up updated to see if it ends up working!

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

Yeah waiting for the character to create is fine can take anywhere from couple of seconds to 10-20 mins sometimes its all normal depending on the load of the master server. Yeah was getting alot of artifacts in cherno earlier its just the barbed wire glitch it should just be banned from the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCs08qIe-6A&feature=plcp :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,618 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Just gave this a go and it's quite enjoyable. Was carefully sneaking around a small hamlet for supplies armed with a Makarov when someone opens fire with a shotgun. Started trying to leg it to the forest, knowing damn well he had the advantage. Turn around to see him getting mobbed and killed by around ten Zombies. Take a nice moment at the wood's edge to heal and savour my good fortune.

Gaaaaaah, Just re spawned and got shot in head, ended up running to Berezino, chased by Zeds whole way. Ran into the shop . Checked ammo, phone went. Abort.Reconnect.You have been killed. Shot dead while spawning.

My nerves are frazzeled with this crazy computer program.
    I gotta go back to normal games for a week or two. Its just too much or I have a soft brain or summfink.
    Jaysus, it just shows the power that games potentially have when done right. Folks gonna need councilling in 20 years for their gaming addictions/traumas. They will wonder how we managed....

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Laika1986

Hi guys iv been using worrom trying to get the game but it keeps freexing mid download, happen to anyone else?iv tried both forced and check

Laika1986 wrote: »
    Hi guys iv been using worrom trying to get the game but it keeps freexing mid download, happen to anyone else?iv tried both forced and check

I lost you at worrom? I dont think Im hip to the jive anymore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Laika1986

Jelly 292 wrote: »
    I lost you at worrom? I dont think Im hip to the jive anymore

Then why do you use such modern slang!!?http://worrom.com/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement