Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Why can't we be like these guys :(
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxbrFa3dPqk

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Laika1986

I hate to be clogging up this thread but im so close to getting this working its unbearable, when i try to load into the server i connect and then after a while i get an error

No entry 'bin\config.bin/Cfgweapons.'.

I searched on the dayz forums and they say the problem is just minor and probably to do with traffic, i am using arma 2 launcher wont work through steam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Laika1986 wrote: »
    I hate to be clogging up this thread but im so close to getting this working its unbearable, when i try to load into the server i connect and then after a while i get an error

No entry 'bin\config.bin/Cfgweapons.'.

I searched on the dayz forums and they say the problem is just minor and probably to do with traffic, i am using arma 2 launcher wont work through steam

Just press Okay and skip it, loads of little errors like that pop up but they won't stop you from playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Laika1986

Cheers, I try to connect to the boards server(once i get up and running id be happy to make a donation) but i kept getting kicked out of the game before I could even connect. Ill try again tomorrow!So much hassle but i know it'l be worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I try to name the videos after quotes from the videos and what happens. I couldn't think of a better one from the end of this video.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Frankly my dear

Those vids are a laugh, Mitch. Keep em coming

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Last nights antics :)
    Don't worry we will find it with the spare heli :D Jokes we wont steal other ocuk people stuff, intentionally at least.

Quite an interesting night anyway, we managed to find a second heli and get that secured. Then Jonney caught a cold so we did the most humane thing and executed him on a hill (fireing squad style) to stop the infection spreading to the rest of us.

After that we sorted out the heli's for take off but then it turned out jonney had come back from the dead and spawned again on his corpse, so to be sure he was dead i put a couple more rounds into his head killing him off once again.

We then proceeded to do a couple of victory flyovers across the main cities and picked up some fellow ocuk'ers. Sadly one of the choppers went down due to some unfortunate lag spike or something killing most of the passengers although marker survived briefly before bleeding out.

Luckily the other chopper was landed and saved so hopefully that will survive for another nights antics.

I was in teh second chopper when it went down by the way :(

Do you guys have your own servers or do yu just join a specific one? my mate has his own server called DE4. that is where i play. his a good admin and always restarts server when it crashesor have issues. And when it does restart, he will tell u when and lets like 20 people in at a time then locks the server and waits for everyone to be in game and that seems to work wonders as you dont wait for server response for too long.

we are also on TS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Last nights antics :)

I was in teh second chopper when it went down by the way :(

Do you guys have your own servers or do yu just join a specific one? my mate has his own server called DE4. that is where i play. his a good admin and always restarts server when it crashesor have issues. And when it does restart, he will tell u when and lets like 20 people in at a time then locks the server and waits for everyone to be in game and that seems to work wonders as you dont wait for server response for too long.

we are also on TS.

Yea boards has a server. Just search for boards in the filter.

We usually switch to one of the US servers at night. US4 is popular at the moment.

Was only on for a bit last night, just missed the shootout at the radio tower. Trekked back to castle Zub with 2 of the lads after I met up with the severely diminished group. There were surprisingly few zombies there.

The coughing is such a cool addition to the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭Wossack

gunned down at the south airstrip last night :(

Someone says they're top of the tower in Balota airstrip, and that theres someone wandering around the hangers. Another lad says he's nearby approaching from the south (apologies, dont know voices yet - must sort out the mumble overlay), and that he'll try and flush the guy out, so tower-guy can gun him down
    Im pretty close by, to the north, so figured I'd lend a hand
    So sneak around, and find my way to the rear of the hangers
    Unfortunately, I think Im spotted by the lads, and my mic decides to not work... :(

'Careful, theres someone else at the back of the hangers..!'
    'Im going around now...'
    'its me guys, its meeeeee! (into broken mic)'
    Cue a few mins of panic as I try and get my mic working :pac:

all for nout though! he gets flushed my direction, Im laying in wait behind the hangers, he comes barrelling around the corner, with 3-4 zeds in tow - he takes a few hits, see's me (me having not fired yet), and kills me with a single shotgun round :<

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Korvanica wrote: »

Was only on for a bit last night, just missed the shootout at the radio tower. Trekked back to castle Zub with 2 of the lads after I met up with the severely diminished group. There were surprisingly few zombies there.

The coughing is such a cool addition to the game!

That was good fun alright. Think it was just 2 of us from 5 that survived the ambush and zombie attacks at the tower before you joined the party. I'd pretty much no ammo or water at that stage so was time to get out fast. The coughing is hilarious, that player was looked upon like a leper almost, "eh stay away from me with that cough!", very well implemented it is.

Thankfully it was a fairly uneventful run east to Zub castle and the church outside Mogilevka. Thanks again to both of you for the supplies.

@Wossack: They don't take prisoners some of the boardsies eh. Too dangerous out there to trust anyone not on mumble or doing the boardsie dance. :pac:

• Advertisement

At one point, I think I was doing the dance to the guy they were stalking :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Andrew76 wrote: »
    That was good fun alright. Think it was just 2 of us from 5 that survived the ambush and zombie attacks at the tower before you joined the party. I'd pretty much no ammo or water at that stage so was time to get out fast. The coughing is hilarious, that player was looked upon like a leper almost, "eh stay away from me with that cough!", very well implemented it is.

Thankfully it was a fairly uneventful run east to Zub castle and the church outside Mogilevka. Thanks again to both of you for the supplies.

No bother dude.
    @Wossack: They don't take prisoners some of the boardsies eh. Too dangerous out there to trust anyone not on mumble or doing the boardsie dance. :pac:

Too true, The first night of the boards server, we killed anyone we didn't recognise on sight. Was great fun :D

I try to name the videos after quotes from the videos and what happens. I couldn't think of a better one from the end of this video.

rofl!

asking for it alright at the ladder climb..! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

That was hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭longwhitecross+

A note on those towers:

You can loot the gear from the top rung of the ladder without ever needing to get off it, saves such falls.

Also when there's a bodybag there you often can't fit in, hence the fall.

A note on those towers:

You can loot the gear from the top rung of the ladder without ever needing to get off it, saves such falls.

Also when there's a bodybag there you often can't fit in, hence the fall.
    I'm still avoiding those things like the feckin' plague. I just make the lads go up instead. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I'm still avoiding those things like the feckin' plague. I just make the lads go up instead. :D

Great video Mitch, very funny. Are you using Fraps, MSI Afterburner or something else to record?

I was testing out MSI a bit but noticed it wasn't recording my own voice in Mumble just everyone elses, probably a question for the Recording forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

I noticed if your being attacked by zombies with no bullets left,exit the game then re-enter. zombies are gone.

Looted some dead guy in elktro aswell,got a few nice bits :)

Great video Mitch, very funny. Are you using Fraps, MSI Afterburner or something else to record?

I was testing out MSI a bit but noticed it wasn't recording my own voice in Mumble just everyone elses, probably a question for the Recording forum.
    Fraps is working wonders for me. Once I press record, I have it set to record the footage and my headset. But it probably wouldn't record the Mumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Wossack wrote: »
    gunned down at the south airstrip last night :(

Someone says they're top of the tower in Balota airstrip, and that theres someone wandering around the hangers. Another lad says he's nearby approaching from the south (apologies, dont know voices yet - must sort out the mumble overlay), and that he'll try and flush the guy out, so tower-guy can gun him down
    Im pretty close by, to the north, so figured I'd lend a hand
    So sneak around, and find my way to the rear of the hangers
    Unfortunately, I think Im spotted by the lads, and my mic decides to not work... :(

'Careful, theres someone else at the back of the hangers..!'
    'Im going around now...'
    'its me guys, its meeeeee! (into broken mic)'
    Cue a few mins of panic as I try and get my mic working :pac:

all for nout though! he gets flushed my direction, Im laying in wait behind the hangers, he comes barrelling around the corner, with 3-4 zeds in tow - he takes a few hits, see's me (me having not fired yet), and kills me with a single shotgun round :<

Guy on the Tower roof was Squid, the guy trying to flush out the bandit was me :D. I had seen you ages (although I didn't know it was you) before I said ' There's someone behind the second hanger '. I started crawling towards you just in case but was laying in wait for the bandit. When he came out from between the two hangars I thought he saw me first before he shot you and I put him down with some buckshot. Literally only knew it was you until you said you were behind the second hangar then the bandit just comes running out and gunned you down :(

Tried to run and revive you but you were already dead. When I started making my way to the tower I heard gunshots and squid said he was shot, I ran in and pumped the other bandit full of buckshot as well. Squid couldn't be saved, I was bleeding until I bandaged to about 1500 blood so it was bad. Attempted to make my way to Cherno, fainting every so often along the way. At the end I finally got to the Clocktower but must have gotten slapped by a zombie literally as I was about to climb and bled to death as soon as I reached the top....FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU-!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Oh and thats another thing,i still haven't met anyone!

Keep getting lost aswell ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

That zombie came at me. Had to take him out. I knew I was about to die so I ran to a place where I could easily find my body and not have it looted.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Fraps is working wonders for me. Once I press record, I have it set to record the footage and my headset. But it probably wouldn't record the Mumble.
    I have Fraps set to "hear what you hear" and it hears the game and the lads talking on TS, but not me.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭longwhitecross+

I am FKN RAGING.

I sniped a guy stalking me up north, looted him and got a m4 with reddot and 4 mags.

It meant i changed to a bandit, fine, but running around a good while later i changed back to a surviver and the fkn gun DISAPEARED during the change.

:mad::mad:

Found a can of mountaindew too

Edit: actually it appears i was sort of reset during the change. my compass and everything is still there but my blood went back to full

Guy on the Tower roof was Squid, the guy trying to flush out the bandit was me :D. I had seen you ages (although I didn't know it was you) before I said ' There's someone behind the second hanger '. I started crawling towards you just in case but was laying in wait for the bandit. When he came out from between the two hangars I thought he saw me first before he shot you and I put him down with some buckshot. Literally only knew it was you until you said you were behind the second hangar then the bandit just comes running out and gunned you down :(

Tried to run and revive you but you were already dead. When I started making my way to the tower I heard gunshots and squid said he was shot, I ran in and pumped the other bandit full of buckshot as well. Squid couldn't be saved, I was bleeding until I bandaged to about 1500 blood so it was bad. Attempted to make my way to Cherno, fainting every so often along the way. At the end I finally got to the Clocktower but must have gotten slapped by a zombie literally as I was about to climb and bled to death as soon as I reached the top....FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU-!!

hah doh :p

Id nothing to lose, so no worries :)

after that, I wound up spawning inside a building in novy sobor. Pretty quiet, so have a wander around, and manage to find a cz550 from inside a church (my first 'big' gun, woo! Im new..)Decide to hermit it up in the nearby hills, with my new found rifle. Start making my way there (on my belly), and just passing a petrol station I figure I may aswell check inside it - as the door was open. Go in, and on my way out, a bandit comes running and gunning up to me - being trailed by a about 4 zeds. He ignores them and guns me down :( Managed to empty a mak clip at him, and hit him a few times, but not sure if I killed him or not :(

my sniper rifle...!

/edit and after that, I've respawned beside the south airstrip again, and have logged out where Squid was

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Looking forward to playing for a few hours tonight, as i've not had a chance in a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Anyone else keep getting stufck on the receiving data loading bar? It loads up to about 80-90% then stops and ive waited 10 15 mins on several servers but nothing happens, it also seem to be loading alot slowere even compared to yesterday so not sure if its the patch as didnt have any problems then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

why is it dark? its 3 in de afternoon, so if its gmt-5 or so should it not be daylight by now....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

eurofoxy wrote: »
    why is it dark? its 3 in de afternoon, so if its gmt-5 or so should it not be daylight by now....

Yeah it should only 11 in Morning on server at present.

What time is it showing in game? If you have a watch press "o" to bring it up. Something must have changed on the server settings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Assume its still up ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement