Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    Really need to get my bearings,can't seem to find any friendly's when I spawn.

Best I got was five dead survivors and 1 bandit that killed me.

Must get on teamspeak,no one wants to give away their position which is understandable

As Dreamer said dan, get on the boards mumble server. Everyone is friendly. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Frankly my dear

The server is out of date....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mossay

Sickened! died with compass, matches, watch, sniper rifle, revolver, bandages, binoculars, flashlight.

And why? Because a zombie hit me. Once. And that one hit broke one of my legs, which downed me, brought the egg timer up, and left me completed at the zombie's mercy while I bled out.

On the boards.ie server.

My body on the north road entering Pusta. Loot it if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

A lot of people complaining about that forums bud. Doesn't seem to be working as intended right now. Sorry for your loss! At least your free to go roaming again now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

This game has done something to my morals. Its like destroyed them.
    Not just in this game even, I find myself being more mean in other games too. o.o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

Mossay wrote: »
    Sickened! died with compass, matches, watch, sniper rifle, revolver, bandages, binoculars, flashlight.

And why? Because a zombie hit me. Once. And that one hit broke one of my legs, which downed me, brought the egg timer up, and left me completed at the zombie's mercy while I bled out.

On the boards.ie server.

My body on the north road entering Pusta. Loot it if you want.

Same thing happened to me yesterday, lost m4 w/acog, all support items, but sure what can ya do but take it out on survivors and head back into the wilderness

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

of the 6 that went to the airfield I think only 3 of us are left. I had to run into the woods as I had no more ammo. Literally ran to the woods full belt and disconnected. I just know im going to die instantly when I respawn in.

That server kicking us really screwed the raid on the airfield !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

Ugh that survivor jackass we encountered killed me :(

I suppose it was karma after shooting that fella who was spying on us with the binoculars lol

_vti wrote: »
    Ugh that survivor jackass we encountered killed me :(

I suppose it was karma after shooting that fella who was spying on us with the binoculars lol

I saw him do it but was too far out to help sorry :(

As he was looking at your body I walked upto him and shot him point blank in the head with my winny.

Im not looking forward to trying to find ammo !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I was too busy being chased by 30+ zombies to really help. Hoped to lure them onto him, but couldn't find him in the end. Tried suicide-grenading them all in the hanger, but i don't think it worked...or at least i died before the grenade went off.

Great fun though :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Spunge wrote: »
    yeah i was all friendly up until guys i thought were friendly killed me a few times. Now i just kill everyone if i can. Makes for an exciting, but lonely, experience.

Same here, everyone is a c*nt in this game. At first i was all like OH HAY GUISE ANY FRIENDLIES IN CHERNO WANNA TEAM UP....lol. Not anymore.
    Tho from time to time they can surprise you. I was getting some target practice with the CZ in the hills above pridgoroki, didnt realize the CZ was so loud it may as well be ringing a dinner bell, andi got chased by zeds back into a barn. I run in and up the steps to the 2nd floor only to find 2 guys already int he barn fending off a horde, and i jsut led another horde right to them! The 3 of us fought them off, and i fully expected the 2 of them to kill me, but they didnt. We all trotted off together, did some looting in the famr, and went on our seperate ways. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

Korvanica wrote: »
    I saw him do it but was too far out to help sorry :(

As he was looking at your body I walked upto him and shot him point blank in the head with my winny.

Im not looking forward to trying to find ammo !

Ah its alright, I already began pegging it up from kamenka, should take a few minutes but whatever!

fingers crossed for some AT4s and a Barratt .50!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Its kinda funny watching new players come on and ask in chat "hey any friendlies wanna team up?" they really dont get the game and how people think,
    Even though me and the guys i play with only started about 2 weeks ago we were talking about this and wondering why we never were so naive and came to the conclusion its because we played eve and had to learn not to trust anyone on that, its a good lesson to learn for games like this, alas alot of noobs learn it a few lives to late

I think most of us have done that. I know I did the first one or two times. Never got a response though.

Might do it again next time im in electro or cherno and murder whoever comes along though.

This game has made me evil

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

I may download mumble so,i'll hop on then.

As for asking to team up,I've done it nearly everytime because I always die because I run out of ammo lol

Last night I got shot by a bandit.
    Respawned and I was NW of a barn on a hill looking down into it. There was a wall between myself and the barn. I could see someone crouched at the wall and kept asking if they were friendly. No response,so after 6-7 minutes I said f**k it,ill go down and shoot him.

Turned out it was my own shadow:o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Do keep in mind that bandits also ask if people want to team up. Or that they need help or some such. Be careful, especially if they have [Boards] in their name.

Do keep in mind that bandits also ask if people want to team up. Or that they need help or some such. Be careful, especially if they have [Boards] in their name.

Hey...we only kill people who deserve it. Or have a nice looking gun. Or use binoculars. Or move in anyway.

We're nice guys...really :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

I still believe in karma in this game.

I've yet to murder another survivor or bandit, my humanity is over 3000 and somehow i've yet to die (my player is around 13 days old though i've only played 6 of them).

I have yet to double-cross or be double-crossed, i've helped people who are near death and have been helped myself when on death's door. I've also targeted by people who've had the chance to kill me but then let me pass and i've done the same for others even those with better loot then me. All this with random strangers.

Now I know that alot of people have been backstabbed by "friendlies" and this has changed their perspective on things - they now have a shoot first policy and I understand this - and when this happens my outlook on things will change but for now when I say "I'm friendly" I actually mean it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Like me sniping a guy, just to see if I could (and I could :D ).

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Delver

I found the boards server for the first time last night, no idea how I hadn't seen it before! Cheers lads, had a good time of it, and people were chatting too, which is nice. Though the Spanish player invasion was a bit odd.
    I'll be seeing you on there tonight again, I'm always friendly in the woods.... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭Wossack

freezing my balls off in novy sobor, and battleye kept dropping me (and a load of others). Couldnt manage to get onto the boards server either, the bar for 'receiving data' never completely filled up about 5-10+ mins

temp system has been tweaked, yea? its pretty shite atm.. encourage me to find shelter, but then only about 2% of the buildings are enterable :o

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Kiith wrote: »
    Hey...we only kill people who deserve it.
    We're nice guys...really :pac:

Does the salute or put gun down work?

I cant seem to do either..

I'm sticking to the woods from now on,last two days i've been killed in elktro,havent even made it to cherno

Yeah should do, press # for salute. Stick to the forests to be safe mostly, I only got to towns if I'm stuck for gear.

You stay out of the big cities at the start imo. Keep to the smaller towns, and if you get swarmed, look for a building with two doors. Zombies get really slow when walking through them, and they give you plenty of time to pick them off or make a break for it.

Also...Barns are a mans best friend.

Cheers,I'll try it out

Cant seem to find the boards server either for some reason today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Is anyone from last night still in the big airfield?
    I logged out in the airtower there last night and I'm afraid to log back in :P

Nope, i died in a hail of zombie parts and fire.

Back outside Elektro now.

Kiith wrote: »
    Also...Barns are a mans best friend.

I agree! Big open space for you to manouvre, zombies will slow to a walk once they hit the threshold, and you can find Winnies, CZ550's and lots of ammo in them. Barn hopping is a great little tactic :D
    Also with the introduction of the temps, it'll stabilise your temps by being inside, and you can build a fire indoors now.

• Advertisement

Is anyone from last night still in the big airfield?
    I logged out in the airtower there last night and I'm afraid to log back in :P

I am, i'm in the woods behind the hanger nearest the station house.

I've no ammo at all... so im a bit screwed.

Wont be online tonight though.... Then there's the weekend what with all the sunny drinking and BBQ weather we might get.... Yay!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement