Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

is the boards server down? can't seem to find it...
    what time is it set to? yesterday it seemed like it was always nighttime...

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Delver

Korvanica wrote: »
    I am, i'm in the woods behind the hanger nearest the station house.

I've no ammo at all... so im a bit screwed.

Wont be online tonight though.... Then there's the weekend what with all the sunny drinking and BBQ weather we might get.... Yay!

Remember to do a quick login to give yourself some food and drink, so you don't starve while offline!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

eurofoxy wrote: »

Not sure if its up but its set to UTC-5 i think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Delver wrote: »
    Remember to do a quick login to give yourself some food and drink, so you don't starve while offline!

You starve whilst your offline? I've not been logged on for days at a time and I never starved.

You starve whilst your offline? I've not been logged on for days at a time and I never starved.

Yeah I'm almost certain it keeps ticking down whilst you're offline. I think it's really slow, so it takes a few days, but I've had times where my icons are flashing are not being on for a few days.
    Could be wrong, I'll have a look on the DayZ forums!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭Wossack

dont know about food, but I often have to drink immediately upon first logging in that day

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Fussgangerzone

It appears to be down right now.
    Check here: http://arma2.swec.se/server/list
    Tick the box to display servers listed as Down, and put Boards in the filter.

Playing with the filter, there's more DayZ servers down than up. Maybe it's something to do with Central...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

You can't die, but your food and water definitely goes down. Pretty much have to eat/drink anytime i login.

Can we go somewhere other then the Airfield tonight? It's not worked well for me so far :P

What about going to some more towns in the north east? Perhaps Devil's Castle, or the other airbase?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

What about going to some more towns in the north east? Perhaps Devil's Castle, or the other airbase?

Yeah, i was thinking of that. I've respawned in Elektro, and am going to make my way to Rog castle and then up to Berezino. Should be quieter then the other cities, and it has a firestation. Also really want to check out the far north Airstrip.

Once that's done, i'll head back to Devils Castle.

Man that's a lot of walking :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Im logged out north of elktro near pusta,got chased by Z's so logged out

Should be around there later on

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I'd be up for that. Just logged in for a few minutes there to see what state I was in after the airfield fiasco last night. :D

At least my temperature climbs with that latest patch. Still got the shakes though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

I'm right by the airbase if you want to hook up?

Stay away from Stary Sobor! Because... eh... I've heard there's scary ghosts there, and you should definitely not go looting around that area as theres nothing at all to be found most certainly....
    GHOSTS....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Logged out standing on top of the air tower in NW airport. That'll be a fun few mins as I clear the area....

Not as bad as me logging out in the North East airbase.

I'll throw this suggestion out there, if nobody else wants to do it thats fine.
    We meet in Kabanino at around 7 or 8pm (you can get there on any server and then at the time we can all log onto the same server) and then we head up north.
    It usually takes us like two hours to organise a trip, if everyone gets there before hand that will remove the two hours.

Not as bad as me logging out in the North East airbase.

We meet in Kabanino at around 7 or 8pm (you can get there on any server and then at the time we can all log onto the same server) and then we head up north.
    It usually takes us like two hours to organise a trip, if everyone gets there before hand that will remove the two hours.

Sounds like a plan. Probably be closer to 8 before I get on but I'll just catch up if need be.

So large group of people wil be around kabanino at around 8? Be very wary of snipers...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Been getting into it good and proper over today and I'm loving it. I found 2 rifles (CZ 550?) in a barn with a great bit of ammo, thought to myself happy days. As soon as I'm ready to set off, zombies miraculously know my location despite not many being around or seeing me as I got into the barn itself. They start to come in in their droves and I end up with 30 or so headshots, but the more I kill, the more I attract. After one final shot with my rifle caves in another skull, I say "Alright, let's make a break for it!" I drop about 4 feet off one of the wooden ledges I was standing on in the barn and break my legs, which allows the horde to feast on me. God dammit.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Fussgangerzone

We meet in Kabanino at around 7 or 8pm.

Hmm, sounds like fun to me. Where do I find this Kabanino?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

Word of warning, make sure you know where you are when your telling someone on mumble! :P

Logged in today at Zub castle after the journey last night, only Laviski on mumble so i ask him where he is. 'Up north near the airfield i think' he says. So i'm hanging around on roof of tower chatting and thinking what to do when a bandit comes up with the stairs with Lee Enfield drawn. Shoot him with my revolver in a panic reaction shot. He drops and i go down and pump 3 more bullets into him.

[Boards] Laviski has died.

Oh God, oh god what did i do?! It wasn't my fault! You said you were up north!

I got his valuables and waited for him to come back to loot his body, he goes downstairs and alt tabs for a second. All of a sudden AK fire and he drops dead yet again. I start panicing now, i'm on my own trapped in the tower. How many are there? So i sit on the stairs in a dark corner watching his body and waiting to see if anyone comes. After 2 minutes of sweaty palm waiting a survivor runs up. I shoot him and he drops.

This is where it gets weird and i wish i had fraps. All of a sudden my game glitches. I'm holding my revolver again instead of my winchester and someone is on top of me moving down the stairs and walking into a wall. I shoot him once in the back and nothing happens. I then realise it's me! I'm shooting a clone of myself. I was too distracted looking at this to realise the guy i shot had a winchester, not an AK. Suddenly bullets rip through me and i'm down. Last thing i see is him running up the stairs and aiming his gun at me.

*Bang*

And i'm dead. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Hmm, sounds like fun to me. Where do I find this Kabanino?

Just below the big airfield in the north west.

I'll be heading from elktro to there and hopefully make it without dying ha

Delver wrote: »
    So large group of people wil be around kabanino at around 8? Be very wary of snipers...

Hmmm, sounds like we have a traitor in our midst! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Paularius

Andrew76 wrote: »

Isnt that what this games become? feels more like CoD with the occational zombie in the background.

Cant wait for full release and i can set up a private server for friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

no compass = i got lost
    thought i was close to airfield :D

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

Also converted me to banditry ya did! I used to be known as the angel of Cherno, now i will become the demon of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

The aftermath of "Brian You ****ing Cocksucker"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

i might try to get to kabino later on...name is the game is just conor...i was playing earlier and got trapped in a barn by a hoard of them, decided i would just keep shooting them, was joined by a guy and we set up a nice hogans alley either side of the barn and kept dropping flares to attract them.. then the game glitches and half the bodies disappear, and the zombie counter on the top right is now at zero, i was able to loot the church and supermarket in cherno and then got kicked...strange thing was i logged onto a different server and had a combination of the weapons i had before and what i had looted...

was the boards server down earlier as i could not find it at all, will try it again later on once the sun goes down...

i might try to get to kabino later on...name is the game is just conor...i was playing earlier and got trapped in a barn by a hoard of them, decided i would just keep shooting them, was joined by a guy and we set up a nice hogans alley either side of the barn and kept dropping flares to attract them.. then the game glitches and half the bodies disappear, and the zombie counter on the top right is now at zero, i was able to loot the church and supermarket in cherno and then got kicked...strange thing was i logged onto a different server and had a combination of the weapons i had before and what i had looted...

was the boards server down earlier as i could not find it at all, will try it again later on once the sun goes down...

Add [Boards] to your name. Conor seems to be a popular name.

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »

Oh jesus no, I'm the least likely person to shoot you to be honest, I have trouble killing bandits even, and I'll never shoot a survivor, unless shot at first...

Paularius wrote: »
    Isnt that what this games become? feels more like CoD with the occational zombie in the background.

Cant wait for full release and i can set up a private server for friends.

A private server, with only friends on? Sounds very boring to be honest. The best part of this game is not know who that survivor or bandit up the road is. They could be anyone, and you can't possibly know their motives. But if I'm certain its just gonna be one of my friends, what do I give a **** about whether or not they might be hostile?

Having random people on open servers is the heart of this game.
    Also, it only becomes CoD if you play it like CoD. THere's an excellent post in the DayZ forums about people who complain about all the CoD kiddies shooting everyone, and say they're gonna kill anyon who looks at them sideways now, because of mistrust.
    It's a vicious circle.

Rest assured, I do not kill for sport, only in justifiable self defense. Look forward to seeing you guys on tonight, maybe you might see me too :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement