Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Delver wrote: »
    Oh jesus no, I'm the least likely person to shoot you to be honest, I have trouble killing bandits even, and I'll never shoot a survivor, unless shot at first...

A private server, with only friends on? Sounds very boring to be honest. The best part of this game is not know who that survivor or bandit up the road is. They could be anyone, and you can't possibly know their motives. But if I'm certain its just gonna be one of my friends, what do I give a **** about whether or not they might be hostile?

Having random people on open servers is the heart of this game.
    Also, it only becomes CoD if you play it like CoD. THere's an excellent post in the DayZ forums about people who complain about all the CoD kiddies shooting everyone, and say they're gonna kill anyon who looks at them sideways now, because of mistrust.
    It's a vicious circle.

Rest assured, I do not kill for sport, only in justifiable self defense. Look forward to seeing you guys on tonight, maybe you might see me too :P

My exact sentiments too. If the only threat was the zombies then it's not as exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Half an hour playing with us, and you'll be shooting anyone without [boards] in their name without a second thought ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

so in the interest of self preservation how do you add the [boards] tag?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,619 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

eurofoxy wrote: »
    so in the interest of self preservation how do you add the [boards] tag?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?77668-Profile-name-change Overly complicated.

It's the handiest way if you wish to keep settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Delver

Half an hour playing with us, and you'll be shooting anyone without [boards] in their name without a second thought ;)

I might end up having to kill anyone WITH [boards] in in their name by the sounds of it! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

But since names are turned off you'll be shooting everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Delver

Kiith wrote: »

But since names are turned off you'll be shooting everyone :)

****e, TRUST NO ONE

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Server down?

Haven't been able to get into any games for around fifteen minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Helmsman

is the server down for some reason

• Advertisement

according to their twitter:

Data corruption issue from rogue server, all people were stuck at waiting for response. Fixed now. Sorry for that :(
    (55mins ago)

i have to have a shot of whiskey before i play this game, to give me a bit of courage, and another one after to calm my nerves :o

still down,

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Boards Server had crashed, started again now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Villain wrote: »
    Boards Server had crashed, started again now

There is an update of the server,one came out last night

Umm I thought dreamers75 had applied that but I'll have a look when I get back home

Villain wrote: »
    Umm I thought dreamers75 had applied that but I'll have a look when I get back home

still on .3, .4 is out:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

**** THIS SERVER RESETTING

I had nearly everything I could possibly need with all the lads up in one of the towns to the north east. Then the game decides to reset me to Kamenka. ****ing Kamenka. With all my good loot. Then it tells me to update Day Z so I do, and then make the decision to respawn closer to the lads. After I killed myself, it decided to make me wait for server response on every single server I tried. Finally tried Boards server, and unfortunately it hasnt been fully updated for this evening. BALLS.

I'm just gonna try and respawn on a quiet server in the morning and wander around for stuff.

Just updated now and started

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

*runs*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Sorry only in from work now never got near it.

Hive needs to be updated too, redownload daysserver and extract the new Hive thingies from it.

Hive updated now

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Paularius

Delver wrote: »
    Having random people on open servers is the heart of this game.
    Also, it only becomes CoD if you play it like CoD. THere's an excellent post in the DayZ forums about people who complain about all the CoD kiddies shooting everyone, and say they're gonna kill anyon who looks at them sideways now, because of mistrust.
    It's a vicious circle.

I wanted to play a zombie survival game not a troll survival game :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

The aftermath of "Brian You ****ing Cocksucker"

That was hilarious, the world is in serious trouble if we are relying on the two blind guys running around the field shouting "Here sheep sheep sheep"

Got the whole way to NW airfield,longest I've survived so far.

Now to stay alive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    Got the whole way to NW airfield,longest I've survived so far.

Now to stay alive :)

Good Luck. I've made it to that airfield three times and have never lasted more than half an hour there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Went solo tonight, and I'm camped out in Berezino at the moment after raiding the hospital (so much blood/painkillers etc...), and will make my way up to the NW airstrip tomorrow. If i survive that, will check out Black Mountain and then on to Devils Castle.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Fawkon

Spent ages getting to NW airfield... Then VTI commited some friendy fire! B*stard! haha

Actually survived long enough to pick up some decent gear. Will try for the castle tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Actually survived long enough to pick up some decent gear. Will try for the castle tomorrow.

Same.

As for gear,not much,got a map and a winchester

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement