Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,418 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

damn you invisible zeds!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Skerries wrote: »
    damn you invisible zeds!!!

Ha I had an invisible bandit running with a flare, they dropped it and were running around me, then shot me. Will put the video up tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Ha I had an invisible bandit running with a flare, they dropped it and were running around me, then shot me. Will put the video up tomorrow.

I was invisible tonight,dunno why.

Spawned in a few different servers with half life or bandit skin (haven't killed anyone)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Any update on the [Boards] campsite(s)?

Obviouslly not for discussion here but more members will see this message then the group post.

Do many peeople actually have Tents?
    I've found only one and that disappeared during a spawn reset.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Fussgangerzone

Man, I had a great game last night, the first time I've properly sunk my teeth into it. The boards server was running like a dream, by my estimation.

Unfortunately I did something wrong with Mumble, so I could hear, but not talk to the boardsies. So after about ten minutes messing with I though, **** it, I'll be Rambo instead. I eventually left my character in the woods with about 700 blood, not many bullets but a Winnie, a watch and some good bullets for somebody else, should I meet them (next week some time, mind).

All I need now is 20+ cans of food, in the absence of anything better, and to manage not go get eaten, because any chase I end up in will almost definitely make me collapse.

The gas thing is, it's really difficult, but there's no way I'd go for a respawn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Just saw this lighting demo vid on PCGamer.com and just thought that DayZ for Arma 3 will look absolutely f*cking amazing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭Wossack

snuck out of novy yesterday, went into stary and stocked up (loads of stuff!). Got a new backpack in some supermarket, and filled it right up :)

Picked up a winnie, and a tonne of buckshot. Also found a 1911, so well sorted! Snuck off then up the hills, and came across a barn. Figured I was good for close range stuff with the 1911, so swapped the winnie for a cz550 - only 5 shots though.. ah well

Glad I did though, cause as I made my way north, I ran into a bandit. Actually, when I say I ran into him, I saw him running through a field, about 500m away weith me in the safety of a treeline.. he decides the cow he's running by is too much to pass up, stops and guns it down. I take the opportunity to pop him one in the head while he was gutting it (1 shot, from ages away! so chuffed :D)

Turns out he had an m4 cco, with a hape of ammo, a gps, watch, compass, map etc etc. My first definite player kill turned out to be pretty profitable :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Wossack wrote: »
    snuck out of novy yesterday, went into stary and stocked up (loads of stuff!). Got a new backpack in some supermarket, and filled it right up :)

Picked up a winnie, and a tonne of buckshot. Also found a 1911, so well sorted! Snuck off then up the hills, and came across a barn. Figured I was good for close range stuff with the 1911, so swapped the winnie for a cz550 - only 5 shots though.. ah well

Glad I did though, cause as I made my way north, I ran into a bandit. Actually, when I say I ran into him, I saw him running through a field, about 500m away weith me in the safety of a treeline.. he decides the cow he's running by is too much to pass up, stops and guns it down. I take the opportunity to pop him one in the head while he was gutting it (1 shot, from ages away! so chuffed :D)

Turns out he had an m4 cco, with a hape of ammo, a gps, watch, compass, map etc etc. My first definite player kill turned out to be pretty profitable :p

Hehe "hape".

So the moral question after your profitable kill would be :
    Would you kill another Non-Bandit player if you were struggling for health/ammo/food?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

eddhorse wrote: »
    Hehe "hape".

Would you kill another Non-Bandit player if you were struggling for health/ammo/food?

Yes.

Them/me. An easy decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Fussgangerzone

Yes.

Them/me. An easy decision.

Would you try asking nicely first or just blast them?

What if zombies were in the area?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Without hesitation. It's a kill or be killed world. Whether it's bandits, desperate survivors or zombies, you're generally safer to shoot first.

I'll generally try to avoid people however, and will only kill them if they see me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭Wossack

Hehe "hape".

certainly :p

actually, I had spotted his m4 on his shoulder from a good bit away, and that was what I was mostly after :P

plus, the bandit skin.. so pretty much gotta :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Kiith wrote: »
    Without hesitation. It's a kill or be killed world. Whether it's bandits, desperate survivors or zombies, you're generally safer to shoot first.

I'll generally try to avoid people however, and will only kill them if they see me.

My thinking now is that I will shoot on sight if a bandit or survivor is in my vicinity, saves me having to worry about them picking me off later on. Couldn't be bothered asking in chat if friendly or not and sure they could just lie and kill you anyway. So far I've only killed one bandit and no murders as I pretty much keep hidden and on the move when playing by myself - don't come across other players too often.

/Edit: The exception to the above is that I'd ask on Mumble if there are any boardsies in my location, if nobody answers then the person is fair game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I've only played once since the new update but I've began to like the crossbow since the weapon and it's ammo are far more common now. Feel like Daryl from Walking Dead :pac:

Is it just me or have the zombies become alot more sensitive to noise? While walking slowly and croutched inside a firehouse or a church I've triggered off an army of zombies.

But yea, this game has turned me into an untrusting killing machine. I went from being friendly to being "Keep the fùck away from me, man, or I'll do something crazy!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Duggy747 wrote: »
    I've only played once since the new update but I've began to like the crossbow since the weapon and it's ammo are far more common now. Feel like Daryl from Walking Dead :pac:

Is it just me or have the zombies become alot more sensitive to noise? While walking slowly and croutched inside a firehouse or a church I've triggered off an army of zombies.

But yea, this game has turned me into an untrusting killing machine. I went from being friendly to being "Keep the fùck away from me, man, or I'll do something crazy!!"
    They seem to be very easy to set off whilst inside a building for some reason.
    I was in zelenogorsk and tried making my way to the supermarket,took three attempts and 10 dead zombies.

Then while inside drinking a cola alerted 1 and then just crouched running alerted more:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Is it just me or have the zombies become alot more sensitive to noise? While walking slowly and croutched inside a firehouse or a church I've triggered off an army of zombies.[/I]

Yeah iv noticed that. Pretty much shooting any gun in any of the cities is like ringing a dinner bell for zombies. Shot one zombie outside a Fire station in Cherno and literally the whole city (could see zombies running towards my area from hundreds of meters away) came my way. Had to kill about 80-100 zombies before I could move on again. Went from having a Lee Enfield with 6 mags of ammo and a Marakov with 6 mags also to only have 1 mag of marakov ammo and a few extra bullets after it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Had some mad **** happen on a virginia server last night. Floating ghost chemlights!

After this happened, there was a flash of lightning and it literally went from nighttime to day in a split second. Ive never seen so many WTF's pop up in side chat at one time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Delver

Remind me never to come near any of you guys then, if all you shoot first and ask questions later! If you see someone saluting you, it's probably me, and I'm friendly, as long as you don't shoot me first :D
    But make no mistake, if you come at me, you best not miss.

Just make sure you are in Mumble. We usually give people a quick "Is that you?" before shooting you in the face.

Usually :P

Just make sure you are in Mumble. We usually give people a quick "Is that you?" before shooting you in the face.

Or do the boards dance. Actually some of the lads created a new one doing a robot dance with the salute. :pac:

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »

Or do the boards dance. Actually some of the lads created a new one doing a robot dance with the salute. :pac:

Well as soon as direct comms are working properly we should be able to talk in game and not be spamming everyone!
    I love the robot dance, cracks me up. Also try walking and cycling from left lean to right lean, it gives you a great swagger!

Delver wrote: »
    Well as soon as direct comms are working properly we should be able to talk in game and not be spamming everyone!
    I love the robot dance, cracks me up. Also try walking and cycling from left lean to right lean, it gives you a great swagger!

Be brilliant when the in game chat works. Lol at the swagger. Hmmm, so if I just lean left I'd get a John Wayne walk going. :cool:

was playing last night and I enter a house to get some supplies when a Zed comes in and so I thought ok easy pickings
    But when I tried to use my gun my character kept throwing flares at him no matter what i did
    eventually hes looking like a christmas tree and my health is going down until I ran out of flares and THEN my gun worked :rolleyes:
    Later on I'm in a church and pick up an enfield and accidentally discharge it and I hear Zeds but can't see them until I am being attacked by invisible Zeds and then I'm dead :(

But when I tried to use my gun my character kept throwing flares at him no matter what i did
    eventually hes looking like a christmas tree and my health is going down until I ran out of flares and THEN my gun worked :rolleyes:(

If you press F you select flares :D

yes I know that but I had my gun out and he kept changing to flares

yes I know that but I had my gun out and he kept changing to flares
    Even if you select flares your gun stays out, if you keep an eye on the top right it shows you what you have active when you press f

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Helmsman

Is there an easy guide to set up mumble on this game. I play from the steam app

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Helmsman wrote: »
    Is there an easy guide to set up mumble on this game. I play from the steam app

Check the Dayz group :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Helmsman

i think the server is down again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

guys can you confirm that all i need is the vanilla arma 2 version. 15 quid on steam and finger hovering over buy button:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement