Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

guys can you confirm that all i need is the vanilla arma 2 version. 15 quid on steam and finger hovering over buy button:)

You need operation arrowhead aswell. Its also €15

You can get combined operations for 25 though,its what i did

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Topsnakebite

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    You need operation arrowhead aswell. Its also €15

You can get combined operations for 25 though,its what i did
    yeah on steam i got it today gonna take awhile to download tough.

How many of you guys are on the boards server?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

guys can you confirm that all i need is the vanilla arma 2 version. 15 quid on steam and finger hovering over buy button:)

You can also get ArmA 2 Free and just buy Operation Arrowhead... bit cheaper but Combined Operations is a better package I feel.
    yeah on steam i got it today gonna take awhile to download tough.

How many of you guys are on the boards server?

Depends who can get on :)

There are 70 members so far in our DayZ Group with around 30+ in game name etc plus info on how to join the mumble server so you don't end up getting shot by one of said boards players ;)

Edit: You should access to it now :)

You can also get ArmA 2 Free and just buy Operation Arrowhead... bit cheaper but Combined Operations is a better package I feel.

Depends who can get on :)

There are 70 members so far in our DayZ Group with around 30+ in game name etc plus info on how to join the mumble server so you don't end up getting shot by one of said boards players ;)

sounds awesome ill get mumble as well, Do i need to join a certain chat channel to talk to you guys?

sounds awesome ill get mumble as well, Do i need to join a certain chat channel to talk to you guys?

Yeah just follow the information here and if you run into any trouble we're more then happy to help ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,621 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Hadn't gotten to play for ages due to work. Bloody hell, that terror feature makes things awkward. The shaking caused half my shots to miss, leaving me defenceless against the second half of a horde. A lovely anonymous survivor came to my rescue and let me escape, after finding a clip for two rifles I didn't have and a crossbow bolt. Still shaking, my saviour gone, I stumbled across a hopping zombie. No ammo left so I legged it into a port town. No more trying to be clever, I just legged it, more and more zombies giving chase. zoomed up the ladders of a loading crane, decided I wasn't going to get anywhere soon with no ammo and a crowd of zeds downstairs, logged out until tomorrow when there'll be some bloody daylight.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭derm0j073

This is right up there as one of the best games I've ever played . Been Lone Wolfing it around the map just to get a feel for it and its a delight . Only down side so far have been a few minor glitches , worst of which was picking up a c550 and ammo but i cant equip it . I was thrilled to pick a tin of sardines and a pepsi this afternoon .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Chewy: hawk are you
    hawkeye: just behind you wait here for a moment
    Chewy was killed
    hawkeye was killed
    chewy: he ****ing killed both of us with 2 shots.
    hawkeye:wtf?
    Chewy disconnected

kdjac got some new **** :D

Lee Enfield is a beast useless vs Zombies but a players nightmare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Also, [Boards]BBC, I'm sorry (not really :p)
    The Lighthouse....

Brought some justice to the world today.
    Just north of Electro, heard some shots coming from the power plant so decide to investigate, see a guy, about 300 Meters away, on top of the building running to the ladder to get up top of the tower. Hear a CZ off to my right and play it cool. Wait for the sniper to start looting the body and put a Lee Enfield round right in center mass. Twice the loot for half the bullets :D

Also, [Boards]BBC, I'm sorry (not really :p)
    The Lighthouse....

Brought some justice to the world today.
    Just north of Electro, heard some shots coming from the power plant so decide to investigate, see a guy, about 300 Meters away, on top of the building running to the ladder to get up top of the tower. Hear a CZ off to my right and play it cool. Wait for the sniper to start looting the body and put a Lee Enfield round right in center mass. Twice the loot for half the bullets :D

Fairly sure someone on Mumble was commenting on killing you.....not gonna say who......but.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

That vid is quite good...

Build Progess: 1.5.9
    Updated Changelog:
    [FIXED] Bodies being deleted immediately (now will stay around for 5 minutes)
    [FIXED] Player profiles sometimes corrupting and causing stuck in loading issues (error handling by engine)
    [FIXED] Temperature listed in percent and not degrees (now displayed in degrees)
    [FIXED] Loosing temperature inside vehicles (now will slowly gain or be static in vehicles)
    [FIXED] ItemPainkillers popup error (no longer happens: thanks Norbert!)
    [FIXED] Spawning in Ocean when switching models (player morphing optimized by TeeTime)
    [FIXED] Wrong M107 is spawning on occasion (Correct one spawns)
    [FIXED] Crashed heli uber-loot not spawning (does now thanks to GhostBear!)
    [FIXED] Wire Fencing Kit caused graphical glitches (new model)
    [FIXED] Tank Trap Kit caused graphical glitches (new model)
    [NEW] Hatchet for chopping wood in forests
    [NEW] Wire Fencing kit model by Artyom Troshin
    [NEW] Tank Trap kit model by Artyom Troshin

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Tank trap kit?

whatever for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Oh thank god they fixed that wire fence glitch.

Ponster wrote: »
    Tank trap kit?

whatever for ?

I think its just for stopping vehicles.

Going by previous updates each one builds on another,so it may be setting ground works for more vehicles.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭derm0j073

Walked right into a bit of aggro near the dam , managed to get away but took a few hits . Treated myself and I'm patched up but anyone know how long before the screen stops shaking ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    Build Progess: 1.5.9
    Updated Changelog:
    [FIXED] Bodies being deleted immediately (now will stay around for 5 minutes)
    [FIXED] Player profiles sometimes corrupting and causing stuck in loading issues (error handling by engine)
    [FIXED] Temperature listed in percent and not degrees (now displayed in degrees)
    [FIXED] Loosing temperature inside vehicles (now will slowly gain or be static in vehicles)
    [FIXED] ItemPainkillers popup error (no longer happens: thanks Norbert!)
    [FIXED] Spawning in Ocean when switching models (player morphing optimized by TeeTime)
    [FIXED] Wrong M107 is spawning on occasion (Correct one spawns)
    [FIXED] Crashed heli uber-loot not spawning (does now thanks to GhostBear!)
    [FIXED] Wire Fencing Kit caused graphical glitches (new model)
    [FIXED] Tank Trap Kit caused graphical glitches (new model)
    [NEW] Hatchet for chopping wood in forests
    [NEW] Wire Fencing kit model by Artyom Troshin
    [NEW] Tank Trap kit model by Artyom Troshin

Great thanks for the update update !

derm0j073 wrote: »
    Walked right into a bit of aggro near the dam , managed to get away but took a few hits . Treated myself and I'm patched up but anyone know how long before the screen stops shaking ?

You need to take painkillers to stop it shaking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Here's my encounter with the invisible man the other night.

How do you guys play in 3rd person?

How do you guys play in 3rd person?

Press Enter (beside numpad)

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Mrdata.

Are there any vehicles that can be repaired on the Boards server?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Press Enter (beside numpad)

Also the number key 1- 9 will give you different angles both in 3rd person and 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

whats the boards server under?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

We are very professional players I assure you.

search for "boards" in the filter

http://arma2.swec.se/server/data/233275

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Do you mean what its name? I'll give you a clue - it starts with B and ends with oards ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

are ye using game talk or something else? (heard something about mumble whatever that is :D)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement