Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,967 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Dcully wrote: »
    Lads i understand i can get the free ARMA2 and then an expansion.
    Isnt the free ARMA low res textures or something?
    Would i be better off getting the retail one with the expansion?

Yeah its low res but its not a big deal, the game still looks great, its 10 euro in the difference between just buying Operation Arrowhead or going for both with the Combined Operations pack off steam

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Dcully wrote: »
    Apologies if this was posted already.

What a dick

He's some piece of work that chap. One week ban then a "more permanent ban" if they keep doing it: http://www.dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=8302

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

No youtube in work, whats he doing?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

dreamers75 wrote: »
    No youtube in work, whats he doing?

He's in the debug forest, killing anyone who's trying to get into the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

New mission file on server now that fixes the debug forest bug.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

So... did anybody pick female :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I had a fresh spawn somewhere before that was like Debug forest, I think it was a case when one of the new patches came out and I had joined a server with the old version.

Anyways, must've been about 30 corpses on the ground in a big circle with a few people standing up. Got into prone position, raided the bodies and I was stocked to the teeth with goodies within 2 minutes.

Logged out, updated, logged back in and I was good to go. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

We should do a 24hour marathon.

And I'm pretty sure one of us was doing this to people too :P

+ Avenged Sevenfold in the background :)

I actually done it not realizing I was actually killing people,needless to say i stopped once i found out

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

So... did anybody pick female :D

DScratch now has a sweet ass!

_vti wrote: »
    DScratch now has a sweet ass!

He now has extra responsibility to provide the entertainment at campfires. :pac:

• Advertisement

It puts the lotion in the basket or it gets the hose again

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Might change in-game name to Scratch. Use my improvised womanly charms to trick suckers into getting shot.

To use a friends logic; If I'm gonna be staring at an ass for hours on end, it may as well be a sweet one.

You'll certainly earn some Scratch on the corners of Cherno and Electro, thats for sure ;)

You'll certainly earn some Scratch on the corners of Cherno and Electro, thats for sure ;)

So women dancing the robot appeals to you then?

So women dancing the robot appeals to you then?

Are you kidding me?! We're in a zombie apocalypse where women have just been thrust into the picture!

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

grr cant see stem market place in work. is it 25 quid still? Thats the best value/cheapest yeah?

He/she could be used to lure in victims to be sniped from afar as they stand gazing at the robot dance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

grr cant see stem market place in work. is it 25 quid still? Thats the best value/cheapest yeah?

I'd go for that because its the easiest. But if you want you can get just Operatoion Arrowhead and install the free version of Arma 2.

Downloaded everything last night and installed the mod before work. Looking forward to playing it later. Did I see someone mention a boards server?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

I'd go for that because its the easiest. But if you want you can get just Operatoion Arrowhead and install the free version of Arma 2.

and the free version comes with OA on steam yeah?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭Wossack

no, you'll have to download it seperately

find arma 2 on steam, and download the 'demo' - its actually 'arma2 free'

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Fussgangerzone

Downloaded everything last night and installed the mod before work. Looking forward to playing it later. Did I see someone mention a boards server?

Yep, there's a boards server, a bunch of people chipped in. Just add "boards" to the server name in the filter, and you'll find it no problem.
    It's set to UTC-5 so you get daylight to play with in the evening.

And add DayZ to the mission name to filter other Arma 2 games out.

Yep, there's a Filter button at the bottom of the server browser, type "Boards" into the host box.

Should be the one with the lowest ping anyway, but good luck getting in, it's always packed.

EDIT:
    table-flip.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

As other have said use filter to search for server.

Also join the Boards Dayz Group for info on how to join mumble and other stuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dublinscot

Had my first successful game today! This is possibly the most addicting and engrossing game i've ever played...

After getting eaten by zombies and murdered all day yesterday, i spawned to the west of Cherno. Made it to the hospital and looted some residential buildings, finding a revolver and food/drink/bandages etc.

Found a dead survivor and relieved him of his WInchester rifle and Czech backpack...

Then i went to the airfield to the west of Cherno and hit the weapon jackpot... Had the choice of an AK74, a shotgun (M203 i think?) and an M24 sniper rifle. Went with the M24 (was that a good choice?).

Dunno where to go next....Anyone got any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

M24 is the perfect bandit gun, uessless vs Zombies and ammo is precious.

AK74 when you absolutly positively have to kill every muther ****ing zombie in the room. Decent bandit gun too.

Shotguns best against zombies.

I prefer the Makarov and Lee Enflield. Makarov as ammo is plentiful and Lee Enfield as its decent vs zombies and players.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

dublinscot wrote: »

Dunno where to go next....Anyone got any suggestions?

North. Follow roads (keep off them though). Get on mumble with us boardsies and meet up with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dublinscot

dreamers75 wrote: »
    M24 is the perfect bandit gun, uessless vs Zombies and ammo is precious.

AK74 when you absolutly positively have to kill every muther ****ing zombie in the room. Decent bandit gun too.

Shotguns best against zombies.

I prefer the Makarov and Lee Enflield. Makarov as ammo is plentiful and Lee Enfield as its decent vs zombies and players.
    Ahh, i knew i should have gone for the AK! It had 3 clips, so 90 rounds in total compared to, what, 10 rounds in the M24.
    Korvanica wrote: »
    North. Follow roads (keep off them though). Get on mumble with us boardsies and meet up with us.
    Will do!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Was recorded last week, that temperature update fecked up our plans royally. Everything became focused on finding a med centre and some antibiotics.

We also seriously considered shooting Dave just to put us out of his shniffly misery.

• Advertisement

The boards server is down

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement