Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

_vti wrote: »
    The boards server is down

lol just restarted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

It failed to start but I started it now

Crashed again ummm

On here now as "Craig"

Hive updated and now loading.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Been trying to get on all day.

Got on once this morning after an hour of waiting to boards to give up my loot and since then haven't been able to get into a daytime server without the lag :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Jelly 292

Lads, stumbled onto a good find. I got what I want out of it so:

Go to FR2 server, go up to NE airport. by control tower,there is a tent.I scoped it out for 20 mins thinking its a trap. for some reason it is full of guns and ammo and gear....no snipers around either:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

I started a suggestion thread on the Day Z forums - "Kidnapping/Slave Trading/Cannibalsim"

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=8700

I think it could really spice up the bandit class! Probably would never be implemented though...

Also, I seen a post on the Day Z forums about a movement mod called ShacTac Movement. It's a client side mod that stops the player getting caught in walls and doors when moving around. It would definitely help when you're running away from Zombies and hoping to take cover in an abandoned house! Hopefully it will be implemented soon on the Day Z servers! - There's certainly a lot of people calling for it.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?109628-ShackTac-Movement-addons&p=1782316#post1782316

Been playing the last few hours with a few mates, great craic altogether! Will defo play it regularly..... was at the airfield and had no choice but to fire my AK..... they came from everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Finally decided to bite the bullet and buy Arma after listening to all your stories for two weeks. 16 gigs worth of download though so probably won't be able to get on till tomorrow. Hopefully I can install it and get it working no problems. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Jelly 292

Time out, getting high blood pressure wid these dirty bandits!see ya'll in a few days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

The ability to kidnap or hold someone hostage would be brilliant.
    I suggested cannibalism before through the mumble chat and everybody thought I was weird :P

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

Loved this comic. :)

comicdayz.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Gaunty wrote: »
    Loved this comic. :)

comicdayz.png

This siutation LITERALLY happened to a buddy of mine who just started the game yesterday haha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 47 alpomb

This siutation LITERALLY happened to a buddy of mine who just started the game yesterday haha :D

Ha, happened to a friend of mine as well yesterday. Except he ran around in circles backwards taking random pot shots until all 10 dead. I was impressed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

great game! was playing last night on the boards server.
    Love the idea of randomly spawning anywhere and trying to meet up with people you know.

I do think they should just enable the map (but with no location pointer or compass or anthing) the whole time though, there is nothing stopping you from just shift+tabbing and opening a map in the steam web browser...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Ri_Nollaig wrote: »
    great game! was playing last night on the boards server.
    Love the idea of randomly spawning anywhere and trying to meet up with people you know.

I do think they should just enable the map (but with no location pointer or compass or anthing) the whole time though, there is nothing stopping you from just shift+tabbing and opening a map in the steam web browser...

The few times I've had a map in game I never used it (never had GPS at the same time). Found it much quicker to Alt+Tab.

Although if you have 8 'hi-def/3D/panoramic/pour you a cup of tea' monitors like DScratch then just put the online map on one of them. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

2!
    I have 2 monitors!

Of course you Povs would think that was amazing. /Sips Orange Mocca

• Registered Users Posts: 47 alpomb

2!
    I have 2 monitors!

Of course you Povs would think that was amazing. /Sips Orange Mocca

Ha brilliant!

Come to think of it I think I have an old monitor lying around at home. Might just get that...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

I usually open the interactive map on the other screen along with a clock gadget so I dont spend too long on it lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

I usually open this in the Steam browser...

http://tra.fi/dayz.html

And have one or two of the maps open on there aswell...

Had my first go of this today.

Learning curve? Very big :p. Had to google how to stop the shakes because after a few encounters it was annoying me. On my second life now and actually know where I am. Elektro in the south east. Place is crawling with zombies and after sneaking my way into both the church and fire station.........I found no weapons. Lots of food of medical supplies but no new weapons and the dinky pistol isn't up to much.

Also, how do you chat?? using the , key I can cycle through channels like global but everybody elses chat comes up in blue and I'm not sure people can see my text. Confused. Maybe somebody could explain that to me. I would've gone onto boards server but its still dark.

Went prone near a staircase and it broke my leg. Odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Kirby wrote: »
    Also, how do you chat?? using the , key I can cycle through channels like global but everybody elses chat comes up in blue and I'm not sure people can see my text. Confused. Maybe somebody could explain that to me. I would've gone onto boards server but its still dark.

the ',' and '.' keys are for cycling the chat types. You press '/' to actually initiate the chat

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Had my first go of this today.

Learning curve? Very big :p. Had to google how to stop the shakes because after a few encounters it was annoying me. On my second life now and actually know where I am. Elektro in the south east. Place is crawling with zombies and after sneaking my way into both the church and fire station.........I found no weapons. Lots of food of medical supplies but no new weapons and the dinky pistol isn't up to much.

Use , and . to change channels, Side is the blue one, it stands out from server messages so everyone uses it.
    Use the Direct Chat channel to talk to people within hearing range.

Hold Caps Lock to use voice comms, they use the same channels as the text chat.

Falls of more than 4 inches have like a 40% chance to shatter every bone in your body. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭Wossack

Use ',' & '.' to cycle channels, '/' to start chatting in that channel

The colour of the chat, will match the colour of the chat channel. Blue is team wide (everyone is same team, so its effectively global). Light grey is global too, but gets lost perhaps with all the login/disconnect spam

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Fussgangerzone

Had my first go of this today. Also, how do you chat?? using the , key I can cycle through channels like global but everybody elses chat comes up in blue and I'm not sure people can see my text. Confused. Maybe somebody could explain that to me. I would've gone onto boards server but its still dark.

A barn out the countryside should yield you a decent primary weapon for starting off with, like a shotgun.

As for the staircase breaking your leg, yep, these things'll happen. There Will Be Bugs™ You can report bugs to the DayZ Dev Team, if they haven't already been reported. It really is a work in progress. It's also worth the trouble, though.

I know that the boards sever is dark because people want it to be light when they get off work......but its 1:30 now. when will it be light again?

I know that the boards sever is dark because people want it to be light when they get off work......but its 1:30 now. when will it be light again?
    It's UTC -5 so it is 7:30am at present, shouldn't be much longer :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

A barn out the countryside should yield you a decent primary weapon for starting off with, like a shotgun.

Barns really are the best place to look for weapons, with very little hassle. You'll generally only get 3-5 zombies, and there are loads of them around the place. Usually 3-4 loot spawns as well. Definitely a new players best friend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Villain wrote: »
    It's UTC -5 so it is 7:30am at present, shouldn't be much longer :)

According to my watch about half an hour ago it was coming up on 11.00, I'm guessing PM since it was dark.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement