Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

lol, you won't be able to team up with any of us safely now :p

I know but come, come into the darkness...
    Do you need batteries for it?

nope.
    Jet Black wrote: »
    Where did you find them? I've checked about 15 deer stands and I've only found shotguns.

Fire station in NW airfield, dead guy in a ghillie suit and another by the back door. I reckon they both shot each other dead on sight. so. much. gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Anyone in Starry?
    Logged out there earlier, I have a GPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

restarted server again.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭derm0j073

Waiting on server response ... This is killing me , wouldnt mind but its not like I'm gonna get on there and set the world on fire . Just limp around with blury vision till I die .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

:( Bandits shot me. Tragic man. One of their lads gets trapped in a store. I'm opposite on a rooftop and guide him to me. I transfuse him and he says he has mates back in the store and is going to head down to them. He disconnects randomly so I say, "ill go meet them".

climb down off the roof, pair of em start shooting me. I run away and shout "friendly!" they reply "We're not" :p

Shot me as I climbed back up the ladder. Oh well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 oldboyhammer

I was just wondering. If we die further inland, do we respawn inland or will we respawn back on the coast again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

I was just wondering. If we die further inland, do we respawn inland or will we respawn back on the coast again?

Doesn't matter where you die, always back to the deadly coast!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Got me first M1014 but killed by a bandit as I crawled towards a tent.

Grrrrr...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

1.7 patch

http://cdn.armafiles.info/test_SE3-6/dayz_code_v1.7.0.rar

Keep the 1.6.0.1 versions of the 2 files in the .rar in case the 1.7 rollout is slow and you want to play on 1.6.0.1 servers.

Limited Release Update: 1.7.0
    Download:

Servers:
    * SE 3 to 6 (password is : ihelptest) I can see about 12 servers running this. No need for password.

Very rough changelog:

Changelog:
    * [FIXED] Long (sometimes infinite) loading times
    * [FIXED] Saving sometimes will not happen
    * [FIXED] Vehicles not initialized reliably on servers running multiple instances
    * [FIXED] Very poor framerate on servers after some time (dead bodies causing it)
    * [NEW] Server Side Architecture completely rewritten

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Helmsman

derm0j073 wrote: »
    Waiting on server response ... This is killing me , wouldnt mind but its not like I'm gonna get on there and set the world on fire . Just limp around with blury vision till I die .

i could not get in to this game all evening. keep ending up in debug limbo.
    F*** it, im going to bed:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

God I love the ghilli suite!

arma2oa_2012_05_29_23_57_43_762.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

_vti wrote: »

Its a pain when trying to follow you,lost you when you were 20ft away in the nw airfield

Last two days has been my best run. Did anyone stay around the nw airfield,i logged on west of it so i dont spawn in the middle of a horde lol

LOL that was pretty hilarious

"where are you??"....."Im by the tree a few feet away"....."Cant see ya" :D

Im back in Stary again. I dont like staying in the NW for too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

I was by staroye, trying to make it back to the barn where I was going to meet up with two others.

Place was crawling with them so I was prone and making my way towards the forest. I saw another surivior and got up to get a bit closer.
    He had what I assumed was a m21 (scroped automatic rifle anyway) and he just fired the second he turned and saw me...

Leason learnt :( next time I see a survivior I think Ill shoot first and ask questions later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Ri_Nollaig wrote: »
    I was by staroye, trying to make it back to the barn where I was going to meet up with two others.

Place was crawling with them so I was prone and making my way towards the forest. I saw another surivior and got up to get a bit closer.
    He had what I assumed was a m21 (scroped automatic rifle anyway) and he just fired the second he turned and saw me...

Leason learnt :(next time I see a survivior I think Ill shoot first and ask questions later.

It'll probably be for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Ri_Nollaig wrote: »

Leason learnt :( next time I see a survivior I think Ill shoot first and ask questions later.

Honestly, at this stage, the game offers little incentive for not killing anyone else unless they are someone you know. Particularly now with the custom clothes anyone at all can be a bandit and you won't know it (only if a server has the nametags on you can, but that's lame as hell). If you're in a more tense and high risk place like the NW Airfield just let your trigger finger do it's work.

Edit: I'm usually alone or with people I know so anyone else usually doesn't matter who I come across

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Fussgangerzone

I was so disappointed when I found out you can't just pull these off dead lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I was so disappointed when I found out you can't just pull these off dead lads.

I think it's only if they have a Ghillie suit (or any clothing) as an item in their inventory and not equipped on their actual person

Yeah, for example before I had the ghilli suit, I had the military one (olive drab body armour with woodland pants) and was able to give that one to James.

The only thing I really hate about the ghilli suite is if your anywhere urban your screwed! hey! Shoot that tree crossing the road!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Holy crap you're hard to spot! Got to get me one of them. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

LOL that was pretty hilarious

"where are you??"....."Im by the tree a few feet away"....."Cant see ya" :D

Im back in Stary again. I dont like staying in the NW for too long.
    LOL

Going to head back there myself,good loot there

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Got caught in the airfield outside Cherno, a flood of zombies came in the door of the tower as I frantically peeled them off. Had shot about 16 (they were still coming) when a guy came to the door, just killed me with one shot, and ran off again.

Cùnt.

I then respawned and was shot dead instantly within 2 seconds, the writing for my location hadn't even appeared yet.

Cùnt.

Liking the new skins, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

The boards server needs this: http://imgur.com/a/TV0gi#0

A good camp with some vehicles ..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I left off at NW airbase on top of the firestation in bad condition. Blood low, constantly fainting, blurred vision and someone in the tower waiting for me to show my head so they could take me out. They knew I was there because I could hear the shots being fired at me. Thanks to the lads on here who killed the zombies at the bottom of the ladder and helped me escape. I spend the next hour running through the forest trying to catch rabbits which is nearly impossible in that condition. Eventually one led me to a cow so I am almost fully recovered.

I find that NW airbase easy to defend against zombies but always has a bandit lurking.

The NW airfield is such a precarious place. If the server is full I always assume there are people there. Get in and get out as quick as possible. If your with a group you. An afford to camp, stalk and hunt the hunters. I tend to hide the zombie bodies I kill too. You really have to be so careful not to alert the zeds too as you'll have a massive hoard after you in no time.

Korvanica wrote: »
    The boards server needs this: http://imgur.com/a/TV0gi#0

A good camp with some vehicles ..

That's a good idea. Trouble is finding enough people to cooperate. And then finding the parts. I ran out of food, water & bullets trying to secure a windscreen last night on the outskirts of Staroye. The place was packed with zombies.

Supposedly there is a wrecked Heli about north east of Zub. Still wondering where Zub is. Is it near Rog Por castle. Or are they one and the same?

Anyhoo after all the trouble I went through getting that windscreen last night (which I couldn't get in the end because I got disconnected) I ended up getting killed by zombies and sent back to the coast, where I almost immediately ran into my first encounter with two Bandits and got killed. The joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

Supposedly there is a wrecked Heli about north east of Zub. Still wondering where Zub is. Is it near Rog Por castle. Or are they one and the same?

Zub is due north of Cherno. Only about a 10-15 minute journey.

Gaunty wrote: »
    Zub is due north of Cherno. Only about a 10-15 minute journey.

Gotcha. Going to head in that direction and check it out on the Boards server. A player called Overtunity was trying to collect parts for it last night. Servers are persistent right? So the wrecked helicopter should be still there. I was reading that the heli requires a ton of jerrycans though...

We really need to get it all organised. At the moment it's hard to know who to trust...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Here is a list of Vehicle spawns in the Map :

http://dayzwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Vehicles_and_Aircraft

Anyone got a map of the spawns ? Would make it easier to find a central location for a main camp. (to be discussed in the Dayz Group)

Gotcha. Going to head in that direction and check it out on the Boards server. A player called Overtunity was trying to collect parts for it last night. Servers are persistent right? So the wrecked helicopter should be still there. I was reading that the heli requires a ton of jerrycans though...

We really need to get it all organised. At the moment it's hard to know who to trust...

Heli needs around 42 cans for a fill.

Stick boards in your name, it'll help keep you alive.

Make sure you're in mumble. The mumble group usually kills non mumble players as a lot of the time they cannot be trusted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,967 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Nope servers arent persistent, theres specific spots where everything spawns so a heli could be there on another server but i doubt it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement