Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Jet Black wrote: »
    I left off at NW airbase on top of the firestation in bad condition. Blood low, constantly fainting, blurred vision and someone in the tower waiting for me to show my head so they could take me out. They knew I was there because I could hear the shots being fired at me. Thanks to the lads on here who killed the zombies at the bottom of the ladder and helped me escape. I spend the next hour running through the forest trying to catch rabbits which is nearly impossible in that condition. Eventually one led me to a cow so I am almost fully recovered.

I find that NW airbase easy to defend against zombies but always has a bandit lurking.

lol, sorry. That was me who shot you.
    In my defence we thought we were the only ones there, and you weren't on the mumble so I just started shooting as soon as I saw you.

Logging in at the NW airtower now, should be fun :)

Also, does anybody else want to have a day soon where we do nothing but try and get a car/helicopter/bus up and running?

edit: NOTE: A good way to see if a car can be repaired, is to see if you can enter it. Repairable cars can be entered, even when damaged.
    Never knew that.

I think we should head to Orlovets on the east side of the map, kdjac was there last night and he said there was a factory with every part for a vehicle there.
    Then we head up northwest to Gorka, where according to that wiki page, four cars spawn. And there is a gas station in Gorka so it wouldn't be too hard to fill the cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 oldboyhammer

I think we should head to Orlovets on the east side of the map, kdjac was there last night and he said there was a factory with every part for a vehicle there.
    Then we head up northwest to Gorka, where according to that wiki page, four cars spawn. And there is a gas station in Gorka so it wouldn't be too hard to fill the cars.

Reckon we should definitely get a car sorted out first so it will be easier to transports bit & pieces for the other vehicles and get some sort of camp going.

What happens when we repair a car and then leave the server. Will the car still be in the spot we left it should we sign back onto the same server?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Questionable?

I need some help with specs for Arma 2 Dayz. I'm buying a laptop soon and I'd like to play this mod, looks class. Would either of these laptops run it fairly well?
    http://www.laptopsdirect.ie/Acer_Aspire_5750G_Core_i5_Laptop_LX.RXL02.060/version.asp
    http://www.komplett.ie/Komplett/product/15_16_inch/20098654/toshiba_15_6_c660_25u_i5_2430m_4gb_500gb/details.aspx

If not, what specs would be needed? My budget is 600euro. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I need some help with specs for Arma 2 Dayz. I'm buying a laptop soon and I'd like to play this mod, looks class. Would either of these laptops run it fairly well?
    http://www.laptopsdirect.ie/Acer_Aspire_5750G_Core_i5_Laptop_LX.RXL02.060/version.asp
    http://www.komplett.ie/Komplett/product/15_16_inch/20098654/toshiba_15_6_c660_25u_i5_2430m_4gb_500gb/details.aspx

Best to post on Laptop forums with the games sys req.

But bear in mind Arma 3 is on coming out this year and this mod will be part of it in some way. Arma 3 is going to make my PC its bitch.

If possible I'd go for a desktop instead of a laptop.
    You'll get it cheaper and will be better for gaming, laptops are never really good for gaming.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

dreamers75 wrote: »
    But bear in mind Arma 3 is on coming out this year and this mod will be part of it in some way. Arma 3 is going to make my PC its bitch.

Maybe it's too early to say but will that have an affect on the current DayZ player base do you think? Or will the DayZ mod as it currently stands using Arma II cease to exist?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Topsnakebite

My legs have been broken for a long time now im crawling around with a shotgun looking for morphine.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deano546

I'm quite liking 1.7, mainly because i no longer have to wait half an hour to join a server...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Has that been confirmed yet? As in is it going to be an official addon type thing, or is Rocket just planning on releasing it at some stage in the future?
    deano546 wrote: »
    I'm quite liking 1.7, mainly because i no longer have to wait half an hour to join a server...

1.7 is only available on a few servers so far, right?

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Maybe it's too early to say but will that have an affect on the current DayZ player base do you think? Or will the DayZ mod as it currently stands using Arma II cease to exist?

Not sure who owns the Dayz trademark, Rocket has alluded to pitchnig this idea many times and noone biting. He may be still pitching it but in an Alpha form.

Arma 3 with day one optional Dayz DLC would be a nice moneyspinner for BIS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Finished my exams today. Finally.
    Installing ArmaII retail as we speak.
    ...now I just need to find the post that tells me what else I need.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Kiith wrote: »
    1.7 is only available on a few servers so far, right?

About 10 or 12 I think.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Shame, but at least we know not to waste our time trying to fix vehicles what will never spawn on the boards server.

Limited Release Update: 1.7.0

[FIXED] Vehicles not initialized reliably on servers running multiple instances

:p

ArmaII installed. Arrowhead download @70%

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭jrby

I have arrowhead....but do i need the original ARMA 2 before i install DayZ ?

jrby wrote: »
    I have arrowhead....but do i need the original ARMA 2 before i install DayZ ?

That or Arma 2 Free (called demo on steam). Arma 2 has better textures than arma 2 free

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm guessing there's no ETA for 1.7 on the boards server yet?

Kiith wrote: »
    I'm guessing there's no ETA for 1.7 on the boards server yet?

I would suggest doing it now but using the beta. Not sure when tis going to be an official release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

So we were on top of the med centre and got surrounded, and then when I was climbing back up later...well....it was sooo not my fault.

Arrgh.
    Installed Arma2 retail.
    Bought, downloaded, and installed Arrowhead.
    Downloaded and installed DayZ.
    Found Boards server.
    ...connecting...
    ...Failed. Remove some files or other. Sigh :(

Can I haz help?

Zulu wrote: »
    Arrgh.
    Installed Arma2 retail.
    Bought, downloaded, and installed Arrowhead.
    Downloaded and installed DayZ.
    Found Boards server.
    ...connecting...
    ...Failed. Remove some files or other. Sigh :(

Can I haz help?

Exactly what error?

Loads of ways to do this.

oh, you know, the one about the thing....

Something to do removing certain files & keys. I'm patching up the origional ArmaII from 1.05 at the moment hoping that will sort it. If it doesn't I'll take the exact details & post.

Thanks though for the support :)

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Fussgangerzone

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Shame, but at least we know not to waste our time trying to fix vehicles what will never spawn on the boards server.

Ah well, at least by that stage we should all be the world's best-armed mechanics

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Ah well, at least by that stage we should all be the world's best-armed mechanics

Was just about to propose setting up the camp somewhere and hoarding parts, they are of no value to wanderers until the vehicles are re-activated.

Well apparently its fixed for 1.7 as dreamers above posted so once the boards server is updated to 1.7 we could do it then.

Exactly what error?

Loads of ways to do this.
    Ok, I've Arma 2 retail. Arrowhead from steam. I'm patched up. I connect to boards server. It's "recieving data" and hangs at about 80% :( No error

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dublinscot

Ok, I've Arma 2 retail. Arrowhead from steam. I'm patched up. I connect to boards server. It's "recieving data" and hangs at about 80% :( No error

That happened to me when i tried about an hour ago. It's pretty messed up at the moment. I'm hoping it gets patched to 1.7 soon, as these issues should be fixed

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Not a bug but a design feature :)

I usually give up after 5 minutes and try elsewhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement