Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Wait longer, it happens on most servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I wait during that, go make tea or something.

used to it i suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Fawkon

Just me or is this patch laggy as hell?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

So will the boards server be updated to 1.7?

Will update the server in a few, you will need the Beta tho.

So dont go whinging to me :p

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Will update the server in a few, you will need the Beta tho.

So dont go whinging to me :p

Have it already:D

And great :)

restarting in 5 minutes with 1.7.0

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Laika1986

Anytime i try to join a game i get "you were kicked from the game".Every single time

Laika1986 wrote: »
    Anytime i try to join a game i get "you were kicked from the game".Every single time

Theres usually a reason, join boards and i check out why.

Update to 1.7.0 tho

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭Wossack

Laika1986 wrote: »

try reinstalling BattleEye? (rclick arma2 menu in steam)

• Advertisement

Zulu you dont have Combined ops running.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

server constantly crashing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

christ after ages of trouble shooting, I think I have it working - but i can't find the boards server!?!

jaggeh wrote: »
    server constantly crashing :(

Not crashing :p

Hive wont connect to master server to i had to restart it a few times.

technically broken atm :)

back on 1.6.1 for the moment and starting up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Zulu you dont have Combined ops running.

I do/did. I found a solution. I'd to copy the entire Arma2 folder into the OA folder. So it's working now - but it's bloody taking up another 8GB!?!

Does anyone know if I can delete the original Arma2 install folder?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dublinscot

All 1.7 servers seem to be crashing (the few i've been on anyway).

1.7 though has been a huge improvement for me though. My FPS have massively increased, and the game is actually playable now! Loving it even more!

dublinscot wrote: »
    All 1.7 servers seem to be crashing (the few i've been on anyway).

1.7 though has been a huge improvement for me though. My FPS have massively increased, and the game is actually playable now! Loving it even more!

The more that used it the more problems it caused for the master server.

Gonna wait for official release before switching over.

Me and Lav were on UK7 earlier,I'd just spawned in when over the comms came something like this

Lav "Where are ...****"
    * I hear two rounds in the distance near Start
    Lav "Im taking fire fr.."
    Lav "****,im down"
    Me "Where is he?"
    Lav " On the west treeline,if you hurry you can save me"
    *Laviski Has disconnected
    Me "You log out?
    Lav "yea,going to server hop to fix myself"
    Me"Grand,im going to flank east "
    While flanking east I see a guy in the treeline in front
    Me "That you lav?"
    Lav "No,on a different server"
    I promtly put 3 rounds in his head ,he drops and then I get broken legs and start loosing blood.

Fuuuu..

I bug out to a different server and bandage+morphine,we both come back in and Lav gives me a blood transfusion and I do the same for him (he had two)

Must have been two,didnt't find the other guy:D

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    Me and Lav were on UK7 earlier,I'd just spawned in when over the comms came something like this

Lav "Where are ...****"
    * I hear two rounds in the distance near Start
    Lav "Im taking fire fr.."
    Lav "****,im down"
    Me "Where is he?"
    Lav " On the west treeline,if you hurry you can save me"
    *Laviski Has disconnected
    Me "You log out?
    Lav "yea,going to server hop to fix myself"
    Me"Grand,im going to flank east "
    While flanking east I see a guy in the treeline in front
    Me "That you lav?"
    Lav "No,on a different server"
    I promtly put 3 rounds in his head ,he drops and then I get broken legs and start loosing blood.

Fuuuu..

I bug out to a different server and bandage+morphine,we both come back in and Lav gives me a blood transfusion and I do the same for him (he had two)

Must have been two,didnt't find the other guy:D

Disconnecting to avoid death is kinda gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 oldboyhammer

I've been having nothing but trouble with the latest 1.7 patch. I always seem to get stuck on Creating Character Data or something like that. But if I roll back to 1.6 then I have no trouble getting onto a server at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I must be getting better :p. Survived today for nearly two and a half hours and didn't die. Killed several dozen zombies, got myself a watch, lotsa food and a CZ scoped rifle. It's pretty good although it is loud. Scoped out several towns and barns and deer hunting cabins for stuff.

A question though. Prone is obviously best but when crouched, does walking with shift while crouching make less noise or is it the same as regular crouch moving?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Is will lead to instant death in an up-coming patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Kirby wrote: »
    A question though. Prone is obviously best but when crouched, does walking with shift while crouching make less noise or is it the same as regular crouch moving?

You can tell from the on screen indictor. There is an ear and an eye with 4 levels of sound/vision on each (0-3 lines) where the ear shows crouch walking is 1 line and crouch running is 2 lines.

0 lines is prone btw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

So we were on top of the med centre and got surrounded, and then when I was climbing back up later...well....it was sooo not my fault.

So did he get his stuff back after you killed him ? Yes I said it, you killed him with your ladder antics !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

eddhorse wrote: »
    So did he get his stuff back after you killed him ? Yes I said it, you killed him with your ladder antics !
    No the fall killed him. :D

He managed to make it back with one of the other lads, but a sniper nearly took him out. Dave made it out alive but I suffered a server reset and got knocked back to the coast. Next video starts with me finding him again, still crippled, two towns away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

I still have to upload our gameplay of like two weeks ago. 500mb video will take me a couple of hours to upload though :/

:p

It could have been a bug,I didnt hear any shots before I went down or after when I was lying on the ground for about 40 seconds trying to give myself morphine. Just before lav got shot I couldn't raise my gun and was stuck walking no matter how many times i double tapped shift.
    As it was I wasn't able to give myself morphine (no matter how many times I clicked it) or see anyone in the area so instead of bleeding out I moved to another server and the morphine worked no problem.

Maybe I was wrong to do it,but I wasn't going to chance bleeding out over what might be a bug,I've never had broken legs from being shot either

@ponstar And UK7 have a 5 minute unconcious timer when you re-connect.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    :p

It could have been a bug,I didnt hear any shots before I went down or after when I was lying on the ground for about 40 seconds trying to give myself morphine. Just before lav got shot I couldn't raise my gun and was stuck walking no matter how many times i double tapped shift.
    As it was I wasn't able to give myself morphine (no matter how many times I clicked it) or see anyone in the area so instead of bleeding out I moved to another server and the morphine worked no problem.

Maybe I was wrong to do it,but I wasn't going to chance bleeding out over what might be a bug,I've never had broken legs from being shot either

@ponstar And UK7 have a 5 minute unconcious timer when you re-connect.

You were shot in the legs, you get broken bones from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

You were shot in the legs, you get broken bones from that.

Sounds like somebody just has a bad aim :D

I have seen someone fall down with broken legs from nothing before though that was indoors so could well have been a bug too.

Glad they are bring in punishments for disconnecting to avoid deaths though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I have seen someone fall down with broken legs from nothing before though that was indoors so could well have been a bug too.

Yeah, and then you shot me while i was down you f*cker :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement