Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Hah sounds like a missed a war between boardsies last night? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Do tents and contents die with the character?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Kiith wrote: »
    Yeah, and then you shot me while i was down you f*cker :mad:

Pfft I thought I saw a Zombie (you fell down for no reason and it was dark)... plus you didn't die so no harm done :pac:

Villain wrote: »
    Do tents and contents die with the character?

I know the tent remains persistant on the server and I think the items are meant to as well. I have seen situation where when the person died, the supplies he had put in the tent disappeared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

I know the tent remains persistant on the server and I think the items are meant to as well. I have seen situation where when the person died, the supplies he had put in the tent disappeared.

this could be because the tent was raided.. but do the tents survive a server restart? as my tent disappeared yesterday and i had a load of stuff in it..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

eurofoxy wrote: »
    any word yet on the boardsies tent of parts?

only discuss stuff like that in the Dayz Group.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/group.php?groupid=320

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Stuff in tents is related to the Hive, which has had issues the last 2 days.

There is a new version out.

Our server wouldnt connect to the hive properly so it may have seen the tent but not the items in it. Dont bother with tents myself, i find other players are a better way to store your stuff. Altho they are not aware of that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Has anyone been dying lately where a single zombie will just hit them once and you die? On both occassions I had more than 10k in blood and died when fighting zombies almost instantly. I didn't get shot on both occassions either

any chance of a restart of the server, there is a lot of problems at the moment with spammers and no zombies...

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Helmsman

im a bit confused about mumble, do boards guys have to be near to communicate.
    on the boars server I only see my icon on the top right. do you have to select the direct channel to link up

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

Helmsman wrote: »
    on the boars server I only see my icon on the top right. do you have to select the direct channel to link up

http://www.mumble.com/

It's a voice program outside the game mate. :)

• Advertisement

When you say you see your icon, do you mean as in part of mumble overlay?

If that's the case you need to join the dayz\arma group in mumble to see other people who are online, then you can hear and talk with them.

If your talking a different icon then as Gaunty says you will need the external program :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18 oldboyhammer

I had a tough time trying to connect get onto servers yesterday. Hopefully it will be easier today.

On another note I committed my first murder last night. The guy didn't really do anything to warrant it. He just suddenly kind of appeared beside me in the barn. I hid behind some boxes and used the text chat to communicate with him. He didn't respond and just ran outside. I ran out after and found him looting a dead zombie.

I must have stared at him for a good minute deciding whether I could trust him. Next thing, he turns around and I just unloaded a full clip into him. Oh well. At least I've got some food to last me a while and a few extra rounds of ammo.

When you join your in the lobby, look at the chanels ie BF2. BF3. Swat. Arma 2. Boards server.

Drag your dude into the one your playing and whoever else in the room.

For Mumbles positional audio to work you must turn it on :) then the sound in position itself to wherever you are in the game world. Oh and set it to voice activation and eat crisps :(

What are these spammers in the server?

i just spawned as a bird..i had no access to map/gear but could fly...funnily enough its the same controls as the helicopter...funny but zombies can still get you...
    the spammers on the boards server earlier can't remember the name but would connect then disconnect at least 100 times a minute, the left column was just white with him connecting then disconnecting.
    had a look on the dayz forum it has happened on a load of other ones too...
    i think the bird thing is related to it...

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Conor125

My Dayz seems to automatically updated to 1.7.0! Is the boards server still 1.6.1 or has it been updated but the name not changed? Also this means for the moment i can't play on the boards server..:(

Conor125 wrote: »
    My Dayz seems to automatically updated to 1.7.0! Is the boards server still 1.6.1 or has it been updated but the name not changed? Also this means for the moment i can't play on the boards server..:(

You could just easily downgrade to 1.6.0.1 or whatever that previous one was (it's just replacing a couple of files!) or you could just play on a different server ;)

Edit: It's actually just 1 file - swap contents of dayz_code_v1.7.0.rar with contents of dayz_code_v1.6.0.1.rar and your back to previous version.
    That's the reason I like to manually update my DayZ.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

some bandit killed me after I had it to the North East, I had feck all on me as well, its shoot or die now really

Join mumble and kill as a group.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Join mumble and kill as a group.

whereabouts are most people on the map these days?

I need to get away from the coast and explore a bit. I have my knife, hatchet and no matches but so wanna go hunt some.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Ponster wrote: »
    whereabouts are most people on the map these days?

I need to get away from the coast and explore a bit. I have my knife, hatchet and no matches but so wanna go hunt some.

Starry Sobor is a pretty popular location for us lately.
    I haven't been anywhere near the coast in like 5 days, its mainly just been travelling to Starry, then to the NW Airbase, back to Starry and so on..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

Just head north. The major cities are a cess pool for bandits and asshats.

Whenever I spawn in I just book it north from wherever

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Helmsman

When you join your in the lobby, look at the chanels ie BF2. BF3. Swat. Arma 2. Boards server.

Drag your dude into the one your playing and whoever else in the room.

For Mumbles positional audio to work you must turn it on :) then the sound in position itself to wherever you are in the game world. Oh and set it to voice activation and eat crisps :(

What are these spammers in the server?

thanks for that, works fine now,
    it was just Villan & meself linked in the game, but miles from each other. still, its good to talk :)
    yea whats spammers, spanners?:D

Yeh i wouldn't mind meeting up with ye're group. Gets bit tiresome having to hide from every survivor for fear of being shot!

Im in electro now, died trying to save numnutts at the NW airfield.

Adajio for strings played as ran to save him but ultimatley died :(

Whats the mumble server details for boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Im in electro now, died trying to save numnutts at the NW airfield.

Adajio for strings played as ran to save him but ultimatley died :(

I was trying to save you. I was in Elektro and you 'thought' you were near Vybor, so I went - blood pack in hand - to help you. Only for you to be over the east side of the map.

When you finally got to NW I had been attacked, then you got attacked, then we both got attacked. And instead of coming in to the fire station so I could give you a transfusion, you ran past it and collapsed around the back. :D

You're right about Adagio for Strings though. I heard it too.

Was such a waste of an epic journey. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Doge

Right lads, this thread could be crucial for people looking for a gain in performance in Arma 2 / DayZ mod:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=62876152

The trick is to create a ramdisk, and put some key Arma 2 files in there, which are most commonly streamed from your harddrive.

Have a read off the thread, and be sure to check out the link to the main thread on the Bohemia Software forums.

There is also an extended thread, which shows which files are most read while playing the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Got killed in starry by a guy I shoot 3 times in the head.

Shot his friend at the tents. (sniper)
    He killed Kirby.
    Shot him 3 times in the head while he was looting Kirby for the bullets not to register

Agrro'd some Zombies,ran to the supermarket and killed 28 of them,seen the guy creeping round the back through the window.
    Started watching the back door,just seen his pack and bang,im dead.
    Shot from behind. Must have been lagging,kirby was lagging most of the evening as well

Lost
    NV Google/s
    GPS
    DRM sniper (5 mags)
    M4A2 (i tihnk) with RDS and light+camo (4 mags)
    M9 silenced
    hatchet
    map
    matches
    entrenching tool
    + food and everything else

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MagnificentWaz

Hey guys, got banned for killing some guy in the debug forest. Didn't know what was going on, panicked when I saw all of the other players around me and fired a shot. I've certainly learned from my mistake, won't happen again. my ArmA II profile is Leopold Golgotha. Forgive and forget?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    Got killed in starry by a guy I shoot 3 times in the head.

Shot his friend at the tents. (sniper)
    He killed Kirby.
    Shot him 3 times in the head while he was looting Kirby for the bullets not to register

Agrro'd some Zombies,ran to the supermarket and killed 28 of them,seen the guy creeping round the back through the window.
    Started watching the back door,just seen his pack and bang,im dead.
    Shot from behind. Must have been lagging,kirby was lagging most of the evening as well

Lost
    NV Google/s
    GPS
    DRM sniper (5 mags)
    M4A2 (i tihnk) with RDS and light+camo (4 mags)
    M9 silenced
    hatchet
    map
    matches
    entrenching tool
    + food and everything else

Max and I tried to hunt him down be we couldn't find him.

Hey guys, got banned for killing some guy in the debug forest. Didn't know what was going on, panicked when I saw all of the other players around me and fired a shot. I've certainly learned from my mistake, won't happen again. my ArmA II profile is Leopold Golgotha. Forgive and forget?

I don't think its us you need to apologize to, there is a section on the DayZ forums for appealing bans, post there ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement