Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Better get posting so or alternatively search through this thread as been posted numerous times :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Kerryairsofter

Better get posting so or alternatively search through this thread as been posted numerous times :)

Aiiight so

• Registered Users Posts: 18 oldboyhammer

Okay, so this happened to be yesterday but it has happened again so I was just wondering. Has anybody else logged in only to find their characters drink & food icons flashing red. When I left the game the other two times I had been fully fed and everything was okay.

It's a pain to sign in and find I need to go find some water and use another can of beans when I just had a can before I left the other night....

Okay, so this happened to be yesterday but it has happened again so I was just wondering. Has anybody else logged in only to find their characters drink & food icons flashing red. When I left the game the other two times I had been fully fed and everything was okay.

It's a pain to sign in and find I need to go find some water and use another can of beans when I just had a can before I left the other night....

Yeah it only happens to me if iv been off for a day or 2 tho

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Yes all the time. Its supposed to work this way.

Time carries on in the world. Its persistent. Your character will get hungry when you are not playing it. But wont die, instead you'll just spawn with flashing red food/water indicators.

Just make sure you always have food when you log out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 oldboyhammer

Korvanica wrote: »
    Yes all the time. Its supposed to work this way.

Time carries on in the world. Its persistent. Your character will get hungry when you are not playing it. But wont die, instead you'll just spawn with flashing red food/water indicators.

Just make sure you always have food when you log out.

Really? I'm pretty sure I've logged off before and returned the next day to find everything was okay. It's has only started happening is the last three days. Weird. Maybe I've never noticed before...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

anyone around that can add me to the dayz group?

jaggeh wrote: »
    anyone around that can add me to the dayz group?

Done :D

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

Done :D

Add me too :)

Also saw Jaggeh in-game the other day.

jackoire wrote: »

And my Axe... I mean add me also - or MP me details of what to do. Can't wait !

• Advertisement

jackoire wrote: »

Done.
    And my Axe... I mean add me also - or MP me details of what to do. Can't wait !

Just join this group and i'll add ya:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/group.php?groupid=320

Or just accept the invite I sent you :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

56 servers running 1.7 now. Any plans to update ?

Just got my 25th post and applied to join the group will hopefully see ye 2moro :D

Just got my 25th post and applied to join the group will hopefully see ye 2moro :D

Congradulations you win access to the group ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

Enjoyed playing with you guys, shame we lost so many. Im left on 5300 blood now :/

Might hook with you guys again in a little while if you have blood.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Died in the end but a good day. Was armed to the teeth when I finally bought it

At about 1 am Me, Fawkon, Supernova and Gaunty were camped up on a hill overlooking the tents of sobor. It was a good spot and we even managed to kill a lad and force another to disconnect. what we didn't know was the two other lads had the same idea and were camped on the same hill about 300 yards to the right of us. :p Took out me and gaunty before we knew where they were. All in good fun though.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Few of us had a firefight at stary sober there at around 2:05 or so. All the players we were fighting with disconnected to save death, even though they had killed 2 of us. While we where clearing up Fawkon respawned in the exact same place and killed myself and Karma. Can the server logs be checked to confirm this lame arsed tactic took place?

Ruining the game ffs!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Jelly 292

I got killed there about the same time, I could have shot the guy but he shot me
    when I spooked a zed. I gotta learn to kill

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Fawkon

TheFairy wrote: »
    Few of us had a firefight at stary sober there at around 2:05 or so. All the players we were fighting with disconnected to save death, even though they had killed 2 of us. While we where clearing up Fawkon respawned in the exact same place and killed myself and Karma. Can the server logs be checked to confirm this lame arsed tactic took place?

Ruining the game ffs!!!!
    Thx for the laughs buddy, i'm running at about 9fps and i still kill two of your buddy's, you think i'd quit and respawn just to kill a muppet like you, battleye booted me for some retarded reason. I was still bleeding when i came back in You were looking right at me aswell for about 10 seconds. But ya know if ya gotta cry ya gotta cry. We had a great laugh at you guys in fairness and the post-shootout teabagging was all the sweeter after your rage :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Fawkon wrote: »
    Thx for the laughs buddy, i'm running at about 9fps and i still kill two of your buddy's, you think i'd quit and respawn just to kill a muppet like you, battleye booted me for some retarded reason. I was still bleeding when i came back in You were looking right at me aswell for about 10 seconds. But ya know if ya gotta cry ya gotta cry. We had a great laugh at you guys in fairness and the post-shootout teabagging was all the sweeter after your rage :D

Don't feel bad. A lot of people like you have no skill in this game........
    But i tell you what If I throw a stick, will you leave ? :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Jelly 292

Thumbs down to all the Negative Waves Man

I'm just happy cause I got back to where I was killed and found my body, lo and behold the guy that killed me was dead there too with all my gear, got everything back and made a vow never to go to Stary again. Tis a very silly place.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Ruining the game ffs!!!!

Guys.....don't hate the player. Hate the game.

As long as exploits like disconnecting for infinite ammo and to escape death exist, people will use them. It's human nature. They will be patched but until they are you just have to deal with them.

With regards Fawkon, he struggles from chronic fps problems due to his laptop and plays at about 25 fps. Occassionally it drops to single digits for no reason and requires a restart. I've seen him do this a dozen times in a field with no zombies or bandits anywhere. It's an ongoing issue and nothing to do with avoiding a fight. As you said, we were winning so why would he back out? He was actually raging over mumble that he was missing the stary skirmish that was going on. I know because I was listening to his curses. :p

Wasnt just him that disconnected though was it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Ruining the game ffs!!!!

Thats gay, join mumble find out where they are and shoot them all in the back.

Next arma patch will fix the disconnecting gayness.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Fawkon wrote: »

You didn't you know. I'm 99% certain our two deaths up to that point were friendly fire, our attack up that hill was keystone cops like, I think Fairy killed ABE and I think I probably shot lucutus.

Don't play on boards server too much, but if that's the kind of thing that goes on I won't be in a hurry back in fairness.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Thats gay, join mumble find out where they are and shoot them all in the back.

Next arma patch will fix the disconnecting gayness.

Aye I know, gayness at its best. Then yer called a muppet for calling people on low down game play. Whos the muppet?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Time to grab some popcorn ;)

Cully why are you not playing this?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Cully why are you not playing this?

Dont worry im looking on with great interest,ive been watching live streams etc.
    Ill grab it eventually for sure ,it looks great but ive far too many games and little time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Dcully wrote: »
    Dont worry im looking on with great interest,ive been watching live streams etc.
    Ill grab it eventually for sure ,it looks great but ive far too many games and little time.

Dear Cully.

You, of all gamers around these parts, should be playing this.

Disregard the other games. This mod really is the finest gaming experience you will have played in a long time. I don't say that about every game that comes along... sure, Tribes is great, Diablo 3 is flavour of the month there too, with all its' Blizzard polish and who has the time for iRacing properly, right?

Yes, it can be a pain to install and it's another timesink, you will love it AND hate it at the same time, but it's worth every minute.

Aside from the whole zombie aspect, the tension of bandit hunts and player standoffs/firefights is excellent.

Surprised at you tbh, you used to be cool.

Regards,

lucutus

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement