Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

Hey guys,

Was fun playing with some of you last night, I actually lucked onto the server - had failed to join a few in a row and the boards server worked. Only when I got in game and saw the boards tag did I realise I had accidentally found the right server!

As for my first time story, I wandered around and eventually saw another player who got my up and running (thanks Chuclann). My first character ultimately died to a massive lag spike and a sudden rush of Zombies!

Quick question - are the Zombies super fast or is that just lag - they seem to just appear beside you at times!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Jelly 292

Hay Venjur, they are fast but lag make the buggers teleport right next to you / thru walls etc. Can be a nasty suprise!

Can anyone tell me what happens to your dude if your offline for a week or more? Is he going to starve to death in virtual world or do I just make sure I have food and drink when I log back in?

You guys planning to update to 1.7?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Jelly 292 wrote: »
    Hay Venjur, they are fast but lag make the buggers teleport right next to you / thru walls etc. Can be a nasty suprise!

Can anyone tell me what happens to your dude if your offline for a week or more? Is he going to starve to death in virtual world or do I just make sure I have food and drink when I log back in?

Nothing happens, possibly a location reset as there was an issue the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Fawkon

blobby360 wrote: »
    Don't feel bad. A lot of people like you have no skill in this game........
    But i tell you what If I throw a stick, will you leave ? :p
    Don't feel bad bobby, alot of people with no lives take gaming too seriously, it's ok. If i pretend to be a girl will you wet yourself and leave?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tigerballs

yeah the Lag sometimes kills the whole experience.. I suddenly got Mobbed in the supermarket in Stary by Zeds last night, didnt stand a chance even though I had a AKM on full.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

You guys planning to update to 1.7?

1.7 is very glitchy. It causes more problems than it fixes.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Well most of the servers are now 1.7, every version is going to have its problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Conor125

well I think the boards server needs a restart right now..people not connecting and ending up in debug forest etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tigerballs

been trying to get in fto boards server for ages now, ending up in the debug forest..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Lordhogo

I haven't played this mod as my computer is pants so what I am about to say may be irrelevant but from following this thread from the beginning it seems any sort of trust players had for each other has disappeared completely and that trust was something that seemed to make the mod so much more special than it already is.

If you read the first 10-20 pages of this thread it's filled with amazing stories of survivors having mexican standoffs, working together and fighting off the horde but then you see the last 10-20 pages and stories told now will include killing a player or two just because they are there. It may just be me because like I said I haven't played it but things seem to have degenerated into a twisted deathmatch.

Lordhogo wrote: »
    I haven't played this mod as my computer is pants so what I am about to say may be irrelevant but from following this thread from the beginning it seems any sort of trust players had for each other has disappeared completely and that trust was something that seemed to make the mod so much more special than it already is.

If you read the first 10-20 pages of this thread it's filled with amazing stories of survivors having mexican standoffs, working together and fighting off the horde but then you see the last 10-20 pages and stories told now will include killing a player or two just because they are there. It may just be me because like I said I haven't played it but things seem to have degenerated into a twisted deathmatch.

Well I just met a total stranger in middle of no where, he could have shot me but didn't. he was getting chased, I helped him. Then I got floored by zombie with a broken leg and he comes running in all guns blazing and saves my life when he could have just killed me. So we hook up and go of killing Zeds together. Still good people in the game/world.

But, this is the whole point of the mod, it is a psychologists wet dream how people react to each other. A game has really captured the good and bad side of human nature in action like nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Lordhogo

Glad to see it hasn't completely died out I just find these stories have become much more rare.

there is a lot of cheap killing with the influx of 'casual' gamers into our little ARMA world in last few weeks and it is more dangerous but I and others do not go around killing cause we can. Only when attacked basically, usually to late then tho..

Playing arma since day 1, i shoot everyone i see on sight. There are exceptions tho when i need them for a while but ultimatley i will kill them until i get to where i need to be usually with the rest of the mumble players.

Simply because they may have something i need.

its a harsh world out there.

/think ^^ needs to play it and understand..... a can of beans is a can of beans.....

It is possible to not play like that tho, but I'm a pinko liberal hippy.

If i see someone, I just leg it. If shot at then try kill em. gotta get the taste of beans outta me mouth now.

Jelly 292 wrote: »
    It is possible to not play like that tho, but I'm a pinko liberal hippy.

If i see someone, I just leg it. If shot at then try kill em. gotta get the taste of beans outta me mouth now.

Maths says it better to kill them 1st.

if i see someone i shoot them and take their ****, im not a bandit im a survivor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

New beta patch for arma is up on uk7

Removes the global and side chat

Just to add to this,
    It makes you want to give people a second chance for some reason,could be it feels like your more on your own without the side chat.

I got killed twice,ah well,back to shoot first

im not a bandit im a survivor

Whats the name of that big river in Egypt? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Griffin87

hey guys i just requested to join the group. Could i have the ip address of the boards.ie server no games are showing in my game browser but i can find games when i use the remote option in the server browser.

• Advertisement

I really love how cautious you need to be in this game, me and a few people on my vent were traveling as 5. One guy lagged behind checking a barn, when he caught up he got spotted by a few zombies and then fired his AK...... we all watched as about 30 zombies came and chased him, he got caught and died..... I got his stash though so not a total loss we had traveled pretty far inland though so he wasnt happy!

Griffin87 wrote: »
    hey guys i just requested to join the group. Could i have the ip address of the boards.ie server no games are showing in my game browser but i can find games when i use the remote option in the server browser.

Just type in boards instead of boards.ie.

Also in game type put in dayz

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭SasQuatch88

Would love to join the team.
    Seasoned Arma player and been on Dayz for some time..
    I keep an eye on the forums to watch out for trends that are occuring and usually adopt them myself haha im not one to shy away from a team, but if i dont like the look of a randomer.. i wont hesitate to put them down.. (aim for the knees, its funnier to watch them crawl).
    would be cool to play with a team i know wont shoot me in the back..
    favorite weapon: 1911 and Lee enfield. (i'm old school)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Helmsman

Whats the game time on boards.ie I assume a few hours back from GMT
    how many hours ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Helmsman wrote: »
    Whats the game time on boards.ie I assume a few hours back from GMT
    how many hours ?

UTC-5

• Registered Users Posts: 34,828 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Any of you lads buy this printed Chernarus map?

https://store.bistudio.com/chernarus-map-collection/

Just got one for myself. Sick of alt tabbing to a digital map. Plus there should be something really fun about using a real map to play a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

think there was a cheater on the server between 18.30 and 19.00 people getting killed without being shot and when they are in cover.

insta killed, also happening all over the map at least 4 or 5 in a row before i logged out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

Lee enfield. (i'm old school)

Also known as "The Dinner Bell"

jaggeh wrote: »
    Also known as "The Dinner Bell"

Brings in zombies from left 4 dead!

• Advertisement

Server could do with a restart aswell.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement