Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

restart in 2 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

dreamers75 wrote: »
    restart in 2 minutes

Cool,on the ball:)

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭i am an onion

Damn, when I get my PC I must download this mod!

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

jaggeh wrote: »
    think there was a cheater on the server between 18.30 and 19.00 people getting killed without being shot and when they are in cover.

insta killed, also happening all over the map at least 4 or 5 in a row before i logged out.

Max and myself...again *sigh*

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Has the boards server been updated to 1.7 yet?

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    Has the boards server been updated to 1.7 yet?

On 1.6.0.1 at the minute

Haha, i just found a motorbike :P

Arg, and then the server crashed and now i can't get back it :(

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

The ending is what the game is all about...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Found two tents with **** loads of ak guns and loads of ammo, looks like they were trying to get parts for a car as there is scrap metal and some jerry cans here.

Just outside Greshino north east of the big airbase if anybody wants to come and take the stuff, on boards server.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Helmsman

think there was a cheater on the server between 18.30 and 19.00 people getting killed without being shot and when they are in cover.

insta killed, also happening all over the map at least 4 or 5 in a row before i logged out.

yeah, i was killed by an invisible Z, inside the control tower at the NE airfield.
    I could here it at the bottom of the stairs, but I thought it was outside the building. when I went downstairs, it was like I walked into him.

• Advertisement

updating server to 1.7.0 tomorrow using latest beta.

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

You will need both.

You will need both.

Does that mean it will have repairable vehicles?

You will need both.

Cool,no more side chat:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Made my first trip up to the NW Airfield (the one above Vybor), was ****ting it as I knew it was a hot spot for other players and shootouts.

Went up and no one was here, relieved but not off guard I was looking through all the buildings to find any nice loot. Found a scoped DMR on my first location :D. But nothing substantial after that besides lots of different ammo. Logged in today and found a dead body with a M16A203 and lots of ammo. Found an Uzi too :D

As was rummaging through the dead body (was in the Firestation) I heard noises outside. Looked out and saw someone skulking about behind the FS. Took a shot with my DMR and he is dead (excellent weapon)

One thing I haven't came across yet is the little (probably more precious items) items like the GPS or NV Goggles? Do these spawn in around airfield at all?

Also does anyone know where these crashed helecopters are? Heard they are good for loot.

server staying on 1.6.1

We missing a file, asked the devs for it.....

ffs

One thing I haven't came across yet is the little (probably more precious items) items like the GPS or NV Goggles? Do these spawn in around airfield at all?

Also does anyone know where these crashed helecopters are? Heard they are good for loot.

They mainly spawn in the airfields. I got a GPS from a guy I killed, still waiting to find those NVGs.

My week long spree of living ended last night in Starry, managed to get back up and get all my stuff back though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

im coming up to a week alive now, no nvgs. ive survived a stealth assassin who took out 3 or 4 of us at nw airfield and invisizombies/maybe a cheater.

last night i ran out of bandies and had to take some risks but im still good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

They mainly spawn in the airfields. I got a GPS from a guy I killed, still waiting to find those NVGs.

My week long spree of living ended last night in Starry, managed to get back up and get all my stuff back though. :)

Cool, ill keep my eyes peeled so :)

Where are these helecopter crashes though?

Cool, ill keep my eyes peeled so :)

Where are these helecopter crashes though?

Random locations, no specific spots that they spawn in.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Sools

Introduced to this game a couple of days ago.loving it do far.

Hope to play on boards.ie server when you update .until then I'll survive elsewhere.

I've watched from a distance someone pretending to be friendly and Then blowing there face off when he got close.It makes the game so much fun that you have to deal with all these threats to survive.

See you all in Cherno Soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

any eta on 1.7? and vehicles?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

i have been using it on and off the last few days, they promised almost instant log in, the was true for the first day or so, not so much anymore, it seems almost random on how much time it takes to get into a game.

its a good game but is being let down by the server wait time, i know its only a beta etc but they are loosing face by this and hopefully they deal with it soon.

I've had no issues connecting to servers after installing 1.7, and it's much faster then it was before the patch.

eurofoxy wrote: »
    i have been using it on and off the last few days, they promised almost instant log in, the was true for the first day or so, not so much anymore, it seems almost random on how much time it takes to get into a game.

its a good game but is being let down by the server wait time, i know its only a beta etc but they are loosing face by this and hopefully they deal with it soon.

Its not even beta actually, still alpha.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Sools

eurofoxy wrote: »

It's an Alpha which is an early test phase.Bugs to be expectd.At this moment they can't lose face and you have to live with what we have until future updates.

When all the files needed are freely available rather than the shamboic way they are being released now.

Still waiting on the new mission file.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,967 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

When all the files needed are freely available rather than the shamboic way they are being released now.

Dude, Rockets doing it for free in his own time, he doesnt owe you anything, give him a break. It will be ready when its ready and if you dont like the way the files are being distributed dont play it, or just dont upgrade yet theres still servers running the previous version

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Squidwert

Posted on twitter

Day Z Development ‏@dayzdevteam
    Rocket has is enroute to LA living the High Life and getting ready for E3 go and visit him and pester him for free things :D

If he's working alone on Dayz, it mite be a couple of days before you get the files

VinLieger wrote: »
    Dude, Rockets doing it for free in his own time, he doesnt owe you anything, give him a break. It will be ready when its ready and if you dont like the way the files are being distributed dont play it, or just dont upgrade yet theres still servers running the previous version

Shouldnt comment on things you know nothing about tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

VinLieger wrote: »

Are you for real? At this stage, the money DayZ has made them is into seven figures. It's in the top ten steam sales and has been for some time.

Ofcourse officially they will say he is still working alone because it sounds better for the plucky indie guy building his mod but obviously he is getting help.

DayZ has raised a massive amount of awareness in the Arma brand, especially with Arma 3 around the corner. We are talking possible millions here. If you still think he isn't getting help than you are naive. He is likely spending all of his time working on the mod and being encouraged no end by the guys in charge.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement