Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Killed 119 zombies just there, some mental shoot outs at berezino. On 219 total now with this life.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Killed 119 zombies just there, some mental shoot outs at berezino. On 219 total now with this life.

Shame I missed that one. Thanks for the camo Max and meat from kd & flying. I was happy enough avoiding three "friendlies" in a forest. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 oldboyhammer

Hey guys. Got some pics here of a massive campsite I was working on. Must be about 50+ tents there now. The tent kept respawning in my inventory for some reason. Decided to invite people along in the side chat for some fun and all I got for my troubles was a freakin' bandit who shot me. Yeah, some people are just no fun whatsoever...

Location: Get a map of Chernarus and find Pustoshka along the West side of the map. Draw an imaginary straight line West from the the town of Pustoshka. The camp can be found on the very edge of the map. Don't worry. The campsite can't be missed if you head directly West of Pustoshka.

Pics:
    http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/577831962983428601/35F5A3997021B08FFD4C81B863D2031A9B10D8A1/
    http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/577831962983424444/8148E9E3284AB2E29F365893A6BA4E0E7BA8473C/
    http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/577831962983425940/8D0C248AD8B9709BA06E6F0ADA07B8EBFA5D3D0C/
    http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/577831962983427116/C5324804186820844EDBB2A76F47BF74FC699166/
    http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/577831962983429410/6671E41203AD73A206CA567A69A8EF725DBD3456/

Warning!!!! The campsite is probably being occupied by a hostile bandit. Approach with caution. Also I will be attempting to take back the campsite over the next couple of days. Anybody willing to join in? :P

EDIT: It on the Boards server!!!! Go get that campsite back. No Bandits allowed!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Hey guys. Got some pics here of a massive campsite I was working on. Must be about 50+ tents there now. The tent kept respawning in my inventory for some reason. Decided to invite people along in the side chat for some fun and all I got for my troubles was a freakin' bandit who shot me. Yeah, some people are just no fun whatsoever...

Location: Get a map of Chernarus and find Pustoshka along the West side of the map. Draw an imaginary straight line West from the the town of Pustoshka. The camp can be found on the very edge of the map. Don't worry. The campsite can't be missed if you head directly West of Pustoshka.

Pics:
    http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/577831962983428601/35F5A3997021B08FFD4C81B863D2031A9B10D8A1/
    http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/577831962983424444/8148E9E3284AB2E29F365893A6BA4E0E7BA8473C/
    http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/577831962983425940/8D0C248AD8B9709BA06E6F0ADA07B8EBFA5D3D0C/
    http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/577831962983427116/C5324804186820844EDBB2A76F47BF74FC699166/
    http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/577831962983429410/6671E41203AD73A206CA567A69A8EF725DBD3456/

Nice. What server is that on?

edit: saw MurQ in the text and I knew straight away it was boards :P

Nice. What server is that on?

edit: saw MurQ in the text and I knew straight away it was boards :P

Yeah I got my tent on a different server but decided to use it on the boards server. That's when my inventory started to glitch on me and kept respawning tents in my inventory. Initially I was going to set up the tent and use it properly. But when it started to glitch I said screw it and just invited everybody along.

I was low on blood at this point so that is why the pics are in black and white. MurQ was on his way to give me some blood and take some extra pictures. The campsite is much larger than in this pics. But yeah that bandit killed me for no other reason than to kill me. Especially since the location of that campsite is now well advertised! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Good call putting the location on a public forum. Ill be seeing you soon... :pac:

Ah no....

Korvanica wrote: »
    Good call putting the location on a public forum. Ill be seeing you soon... :pac:

Ah no....

That was the point though. Can't keep a campsite like that to myself. Now the bandit won't be safe there either since everyone will know where it is.

Duping is a cheat and will get you a perm ban from Dayz.

Did you pick up the 1st tent?

max found those tents and one of them contained 15 tents inside, there is a cheat that allows you to dupe any item you have. Either you found one of these or used the cheat.

I asked the devs on how to remove that campsite from the server.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

max found those tents and one of them contained 15 tents inside, there is a cheat that allows you to dupe any item you have. Either you found one of these or used the cheat.

Thats actually a different one dreamers75, the one we found was on the other side of the map and had 15 pitched tents and another one with 14 tents inside.

I found my tent on another server inside a supermarket before trying to set it down on the boards server and using it for its intended purpose. That's when they started to respawning in my inventory for some reason. I couldn't "dupe" anything else though. The campsite is beyond useless now anyways since it isn't very discreet.

• Advertisement

I found my tent on another server inside a supermarket before trying to set it down on the boards server and using it for its intended purpose. That's when they started to respawning in my inventory for some reason. I couldn't "dupe" anything else though. The campsite is beyond useless now anyways since it isn't very discreet.

Respawning in your inventory is the cheat, we have no control over spotting this unless seriously blatant but the ban list we receive from Dayz has 30 users in it. So obviously they can find them.

1 of them has his ban rescinded as he showed that he picked up a SMAW from a dead hacker.

Respawning in your inventory is the cheat, we have no control over spotting this unless seriously blatant but the ban list we receive from Dayz has 30 users in it. So obviously they can find them.

1 of them has his ban rescinded as he showed that he picked up a SMAW from a dead hacker.

Does this just happen with tents or does it happen with other items? Because none of my other items were affected by the respawning, just the tents. Could it have been possible I picked up a hacked tent from the other server I was on?

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I think tents de-spawn about a day or two after you die. So that camp shouldn't be around for too long.

Maximilian wrote: »
    I think tents de-spawn about a day or two after you die. So that camp shouldn't be around for too long.

Yeah I read on the wiki that they disappear 2 days after you die. And since I died, they should be gone in 2 days. Hopefully...

Does this just happen with tents or does it happen with other items? Because none of my other items were affected by the respawning, just the tents. Could it have been possible I picked up a hacked tent from the other server I was on?

Someone forced the tent to duplicate i assume so they could store all the weapons they were about to duplicate.

SERVER GOING DOWN FOR MAINTENCE.

Seriously needs a defrag :D Villain kicking it off at 2pm.

I will be shutting it down tonight for about 20 minutes whilst i clean up some files.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

SERVER GOING DOWN FOR MAINTENCE.

Seriously needs a defrag :D Villain kicking it off at 2pm.

I will be shutting it down tonight for about 20 minutes whilst i clean up some files.

Did you manage to get that missing 1.7 file from the devs?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Anybody any idea what im doing wrong. Using an updater but when I launch I get a black screen for an indefinite period. Chat bar at bottom left is working. Any ideas???:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Glebee wrote: »
    Using an updater but when I launch I get a black screen for an indefinite period. Chat bar at bottom left is working. Any ideas???:confused:

Welcome to how you will spend most of your time trying to play DayZ! :D

Real Answer: Is this when you are trying to log onto a server? If so try another, and then another, and then another until you finally get in

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Did you manage to get that missing 1.7 file from the devs?

I obtained it from somewhere yeah :)

Gonna test it tonight with the server locked.

Glebee wrote: »
    Anybody any idea what im doing wrong. Using an updater but when I launch I get a black screen for an indefinite period. Chat bar at bottom left is working. Any ideas???:confused:

Thats the loading screen :p It can take a while, assume you have 1.7.0 Dayz and connecting to 1.7.0 servers with the beta installed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

How long will the server be down for now?

Server defrag complete and it's back up now until dreamers75 upgrades tonight.

Defragging C drive, shouldnt take long.

Arma uses the HD intensiively, you might as well defrag your own drive while you wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

would putting arma 2 on the ssd affect the gameplay much

Well I have it on an SSD and it runs smooth.

Also NEVER defrag an SSD!

Would increase the games performance.

And Linkify is the program you will need if your SSD can only hold the Addons folder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

I noticed no difference so i moved it back to the HDD.

As for the tent thing,ive has this happen me before a few weeks ago.

And the other night when you got killed in the supermarket with me dreamer,I tried looting the guy that killed you and yourself and everytime I dropped something it just made a copy,same as when I moved stuff from the two bodies.

Lost the ak rounds in the middle of the confusion aswell

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Embarrassment disclaimer !!

Ive yet to play Dayz,ive only read this thread and watched some videos and streams yet last night i had the weirdest dream or was it nightmare that i was trying to survive zombies and bandits,searching buildings for tins of beans and guns :o
    Everything in the dream was rendered from the dayz mod :o FFS i havent even played the damn thing yet.
    I recall seeing guys running through trees with sleeping bags on their backs and being so jealous LOL

Dcully wrote: »
    Embarrassment disclaimer !!

Ive yet to play Dayz,ive only read this thread and watched some videos and streams yet last night i had the weirdest dream or was it nightmare that i was trying to survive zombies and bandits,searching buildings for tins of beans and guns :o
    Everything in the dream was rendered from the dayz mod :o FFS i havent even played the damn thing yet.
    I recall seeing guys running through trees with sleeping bags on their backs and being so jealous LOL

Ran 3km to Max and VTI last night with a few zombies chasing me, finally got into a building with an M16A2 2 mags, G17 with 3 mags. They could see the horder following me and kindly shot one of them. They left me on top of the building and i took care of all of the horde. Their looting whilst all this was going on brought a few zombies onto them. From my position around 400m away i saved their asses with some superb shooting.

Shortly after VTI was knocked down and i have to save him too, whilst Max looted. Sometimes i wonder how this group would survive without me :D

Day Z Development ‏@dayzdevteam
    We are going to be rolling out another attempt at bringing back land vehicles this evening watch out for more info ;)

Posted on twiiter.....no idea about any of this cos we not in the super secret special club yet.

• Advertisement

Posted on twiiter.....no idea about any of this cos we not in the super secret special club yet.

We are getting closer though ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement