Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭SasQuatch88

only just..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Laugh all you want, but we all know that humanity meter is still in there somewhere, keeping track of all your little booboos, watching, waiting, judging, until Rocket implements some new feature or other to bring it back to the fore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Probably, but I was once like you. trying to avoid killing anyone unless they were bandits. Trying to help people etc. After a bout a week the frustration will build after all the backstabs and you will go columbine on everyone :D

I probably have a permanent bandit status at this stage, my face icon in the HUD looks like the Joker

I'v survived for 5 days with my current character. Equipped with a Silenced M4 with ACOG, M24 Sniper Rifle and Silenced M9 Beretta. Going good so far *touch wood*

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Helmsman

Sarky wrote: »
    Laugh all you want, but we all know that humanity meter is still in there somewhere, keeping track of all your little booboos, watching, waiting, judging, until Rocket implements some new feature or other to bring it back to the fore.

yeah yer all going to HELL when ya DIE:p

Are there actually Bicycles in DayZ? Iv yet to see ANY vehicles in the game so far besides a UAZ I saw probably 3 weeks go in Cherno as some guy was fixing it up outside the hotel. I helped him by sniping the zombies trying to get at him and he f*cks right off without giving me a lift :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

Are there actually Bicycles in DayZ? Iv yet to see ANY vehicles in the game so far besides a UAZ I saw probably 3 weeks go in Cherno as some guy was fixing it up outside the hotel. I helped him by sniping the zombies trying to get at him and he f*cks right off without giving me a lift :(

See if you were to just take out all the zombies and then shoot him, you would have had yourself a god damn UAZ...*facepalm*

I know this is old enough considering the updates but skip to 36:00
    I thought it was pretty funny, ignore them talking about rebecca black..
    http://www.twitch.tv/tianity/b/319073763

_vti wrote: »
    See if you were to just take out all the zombies and then shoot him, you would have had yourself a god damn UAZ...*facepalm*

Hence one of my examples why I went A.W.O.L on the whole being a goody too-shoes in Dayz :D. Survival of the fittest at this stage unless you have people you trust in a group with you

Hence one of my examples why I went A.W.O.L on the whole being a goody too-shoes in Dayz :D. Survival of the fittest at this stage unless you have people you trust in a group with you

Exactly!

THEN!...you can roam around and giggle and sing like this fella

http://youtu.be/xsveiPJcxlE?t=1m46s

Actually was playing a game last night with my friend. A guy called 'MofoTyrone' entered the game and started acting all gangsta and asking if people wanted to join his 'crew' and become the most 'badass' in Dayz and put together a 'pussywagon'. A minute later he was promptly shot and killed. Queue Tyrone going apesh!t on the chat with someone replying " I shot you cause you were acting black "

Dayz does not forgive regardless of your Race, Creed, Sex or if you are called Tyrone :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭longwhitecross+

Exactly!

THEN!...you can roam around and giggle and sing like this fella

http://youtu.be/xsveiPJcxlE?t=1m46s

RIP

I'm sorry while we're on trololo guy..
    http://youtu.be/KaqC5FnvAEc

Hahaha

I'm sorry while we're on trololo guy..
    http://youtu.be/KaqC5FnvAEc

That was actually my introduction to the song.

Epic

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Sarky wrote: »
    For better or worse, I'm determined to play this without killing other players except in self defense. I know I'll be at a disadvantage, but dammit someone has to hold onto their humanity in the wake of the apocalypse or we're all no better than the mindless zombie hordes.

Yeah, I've been playing that way myself. Last night was a real killer though - pun intended. I was fully stocked with a Winchester, loads of ammo for it and the markov, Czech backpack, axe, watch, compass, medical supplies, drink and beans to the hilt. Helped a guy getting swarmed by zombies and when I caught up with him in a church he shoots me in the head. Mother was right. Never talk to strangers.

I'm not into the whole bandit thing so I guess I solderer on. Perhaps some day I'll live more than 3 hours without the need to turn into a bastard.

Must get on Mumble.

I'm not into the whole bandit thing so I guess I solderer on. Perhaps some day I'll live more than 3 hours without turning into a bastard. Mumble might help with that.

The term 'bandit' in the game is now loosely tied to just being a person who kills anyone regardless of the situation or encounter, when it shouldn't be.

- Killing others for survival in the game isn't being a bandit.
    - Killing others by actively looking for them to kill and loot their bodies is being a bandit.

I would be the former. But these days it's hard to tell who is who because of the custom clothing feature and the lack of feature for the 'humanity' meter which still runs in the background of the program code. .

Fanny, just kill someone if the situation arises when you need it. Don't help others unless you think it's genuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I got killed the other night and have been on a killing spree since.

Killed 6 guys last night just by roaming around Elektro. Supermarkets are the best places as people are generally too busy looting to take any notice that you're there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I do think that the game has lost something since everyone started killing everyone. The first few weeks after release, it was always really tense seeing survivors, and trying to figure out if they were friendly or not. Then teaming up with some randomer and going on a mission to scavenge supplies. Was brilliant.

Now, it's just kill or be killed 90% of the time.

Still brilliant though :)

Kiith wrote: »
    I do think that the game has lost something since everyone started killing everyone. The first few weeks after release, it was always really tense seeing survivors, and trying to figure out if they were friendly or not. Then teaming up with some randomer and going on a mission to scavenge supplies. Was brilliant.

Now, it's just kill or be killed 90% of the time.

Still brilliant though :)

Agree 100%

Made solo play more interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

If there was some penalty for killing then it would bring it back. IMO it's only since the bandit skin went away that kill on sight became the preferred tactic.

• Advertisement

I found the Boards DayZ group theme song..

http://youtu.be/UvV_cDYGoa8 :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Made my way to Berezino after a good long haul across the map.

Then someone shot and threw a grenade at me, think it was someone here. I had to stop, drop, and roll my ass out of there where I was completely fùcked up (1500 blood). Ended up legging it off and finding a safe spot to heal myself.

I've too much stuff to lose so I can't quit now, even if my vision is a mess :pac:

The server went down a bunch of times. Are these planned reboots ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

The server went down a bunch of times. Are these planned reboots ?

Villain was ordained into the inner circle and got the new mission file.

Can you post if vehicles appear or not.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Villain was ordained into the inner circle and got the new mission file.

Can you post if vehicles appear or not.

HAIL VILLAIN!

I can see it now.
    One guy on a bike tearing through the airbase picking up all the Zeds while friends get to looting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

I can see it now.
    One guy on a bike tearing through the airbase picking up all the Zeds while friends get to looting.

..... then running out of petrol and dying a horrible death :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

..... then running out of petrol and dying a horrible death :D

Are they motorbikes or bicycles? Actually I wonder does shooting cars damage or put them out of commission I wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Are they motorbikes or bicycles? Actually I wonder does shooting cars damage or put them out of commission I wonder.

Can kill all civilian vehicles and choppers with a few well aimed shots. Theres push bikes and motor bikes and quads in Dayz.

Choppers are easy to take down, if you have a shot at the tail rotor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Dosen't seem to be any vehicles on the server yet.

edit: scratch that. Cradle just said he found a bicycle.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement