Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

People are dicks in this game i tell ya think iv died 15 times every one to another survivor :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

bizmark wrote: »
    People are dicks in this game i tell ya think iv died 15 times every one to another survivor :pac:
    its kill or be killed it seems.
    I tried at first too, to actually work with others. But 3 times I was shot instantly when they saw me so that was the end of that...

Its shoot first ask questions later now im afraid...

Ri_Nollaig wrote: »
    its kill or be killed it seems.
    I tried at first too, to actually work with others. But 3 times I was shot instantly when they saw me so that was the end of that...

Its shoot first ask questions later now im afraid...

Ya i dont blame them its a bit like an extreme version of eve online with even more to lose per death i just wish i was better at stalking and murdering people or got a bit luckyer on gun spawns or ever found a map so i could get out of the citys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

well luck does seem to have a lot to do with it.

Even if they are well armed if you are close to them and see them before they see you, you are most likely gonna come out on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

bizmark wrote: »
    Ya i dont blame them its a bit like an extreme version of eve online with even more to lose per death i just wish i was better at stalking and murdering people or got a bit luckyer on gun spawns or ever found a map so i could get out of the citys

Put the cost to your back and you'll get north,more deerstands and barns,less people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭longwhitecross+

I wasn't always kill or be killed.

Blame Fawkon

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Smiley_ie

Im running beta 93616 and cant connect to the boards server sits on loading screen ?

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

Same here Smiley...

Gonna try a few things and see if I can get on, ill let you know what i done if it works...

Same here Smiley...

Gonna try a few things and see if I can get on, ill let you know what i done if it works...

I tryed this didnt work for me but give it a go.

Alright, so I had this problem with not beeing able to play on any 1.7 server, regardless of what ArmA-CO client I used (neither the original nor the beta worked).

Now I found a possible fix: Try to download the latest client-version of "BattlEye" (1.152) over here http://www.battleye.com/download.html and do what it says below the Download.

(ArmA 2: Put these files into a folder called "BattlEye" in your ArmA 2 install directory
    OA: Put these files into a folder called "BattlEye" in the "Expansion" folder of your OA install directory)

This fixed the "infinite loading screen" issue where you're stuck at joining a server for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Until Betas are supported you cant join servers running battleye.

Dont download betas until it say BE supported on the BI forums. 93616 is the latest and its not supported by BE

Server seems grand now, will stick a beta on it when it needs a reboot. Must have been something up with all of them last night.

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Until Betas are supported you cant join servers running battleye.

Dont download betas until it say BE supported on the BI forums. 93616 is the latest and its not supported by BE

Server seems grand now, will stick a beta on it when it needs a reboot. Must have been something up with all of them last night.

Never had problems with beta's before just seem's this one is a problem according to BIS this 93616 is supported by BE ?

Smiley_ie wrote: »
    Never had problems with beta's before just seem's this one is a problem according to BIS this 93616 is supported by BE ?
    loads of people using the latest beta, you cant use it until its BattleEye supported.
    http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

[93598] New: Scripting functions eyePos object and aimPos object
    + LOD issues introduced in last beta should be fixed

BE support: PENDING ... !

It does now, i could see you all being kicked for "unsupported game version"

Until it says BE supported dont download it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Main server down?

Main server down?

nope looks fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

nope looks fine.

We've all been trying to get onto several different servers with no luck on any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

okay, ive tried

repatching arma 1.60 - still same
    uninstalling game and then applying arma 1.60 - still same
    redownloading dayz 1.7 - still same
    redownloading dayz 1.6.01 - still same
    connected to a different server - UK5 iirc, took a while but game loaded

Im thinking its a 1.7 bug...strange tho, as it was running perfect yesterday afternoon

Servers running 1.60 40 odd people on it, and only 2 in lobby/debug

edit seems a lot of people are having this issue on lots of servers.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I'm on a dayz 1.7 and beta patch 93616 and as long as I search for servers with 93616 in the title I can connect without any problems.

I can't connect to boards no matter what combination I use.

ya i cant get on any servers at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Wow. I actually managed to play a game. I was held up in a small house by myself with zeds poring in the front door. After about 60 kills I decided that they weren't going to stop coming - the enfield was like a zombie magnet - so I logged off.

Horrible, I know.

Ponster wrote: »
    I'm on a dayz 1.7 and beta patch 93616 and as long as I search for servers with 93616 in the title I can connect without any problems.

I can't connect to boards no matter what combination I use.

When it restarts will stick on that combo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

If all goes to plan, the game should be in a much more accessible state by "August or September".
    Still a good bit away, lots of patches and restarts to go ;)

Keep up the good server work !

Ed

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Change of mind. Rather than respawning and getting the hell away from the coasts, stay until you find a compass first. Running about the place thinking I was on my way to the north airfield only to find myself back at the coast was embarrassing :)

Change of mind. Rather than respawning and getting the hell away from the coasts, stay until you find a compass first. Running about the place thinking I was on my way to the north airfield only to find myself back at the coast was embarrassing :)

Shot 2 guys other night who were hunting me, moved on about 40 minutes later came upon 2 bodies that looked familiar....

So an hour later me thinking i was heading to berezino.....came upon another 2 bodies that looked very familiar :(

It's impossible to navigate even WITH the compass. The slightest change of direction and you go miles off course.

While navigating without one a few days ago. I was heading to the airfield on the North East from Berezino using the online map as a reference. I kept to the coast for a bit then pushed inland and passed one lake, then a second which was on my route(the second higher lake is effectively just off the airfield).
    A small while later I hit a small town on a hill, overlooking a fairly sizeable one thinking it was Krasnostav(where the airfield is) I look for a signpost and reference the map to find out I'm in.....KHELM :eek: which is only a stones-throw from my starting point of Berezino.

How I went so far off course, I don't know but it goes to show how easy it is to loop around(unless you fancy holding W in one direction for 15-20mins).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

After a while you get a general feel for the map,I made it to ne airfield from komvoro in an hour with no compass last week,you just have to check 1 or two towns on the way

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Keep finding that alt tabbing in and out to refer to map is causing the change of direction you guys are getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    After a while you get a general feel for the map,I made it to ne airfield from komvoro in an hour with no compass last week,you just have to check 1 or two towns on the way

At the very least, this game is re-introducing orienteering skills to a generation of gamers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ABE

TheFairy wrote: »
    Keep finding that alt tabbing in and out to refer to map is causing the change of direction you guys are getting.

just add the game to steam and use the steam browser in shift tab, no random shots when u alt tab back in either :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement