Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I have the map on an ipad next to the computer, really handy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

I have the map on an ipad next to the computer, really handy!

I've another monitor:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

Ack, just died by sliding down a steep embankment at Zub castle. Goodbye coyote backpack, m16, mp5, fresh meat .. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    I've another monitor:p

I do too :p Just find the ipad much easier.

rezervaul killed some guy (friendly fire message)

• Advertisement

I do too :p Just find the ipad much easier.

Liar,you just want to make use of your big iphone lol

Got killed in berezno,seen the guy in the flats,dodged back and died.
    Must have hit me and with the desync issues it didnt register.

Had a great boat ride and spent about an hour on a byCYCLE too:D

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=13923
    Security notice.

Hello everyone,

I regret to inform everyone that a user obtain passwords for services related to DayZ such as RDP Details, mirrors, etc.

First thing is first.

US Mirror:
    The US Mirror had a malicious program uploaded to it named dayz_auto_updater.exe

This is NOT a official DayZ Application and is lead to...

orth a read for kdjac and villian concerning server details being taken aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Cheers, the password they have on record for us was changed a week ago and not given to them so boards server isn't affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭SasQuatch88

so has the De-syncing issue calmed down..

Also.. we now have 2 boats and two bikes..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I've just downloaded DayZ and its showing up in the right corner of the screen like it should.

But when i try to join a server it just says Loading and nothing happens.
    I gave up after 15 minutes.
    I'm just wondering maybe its because i haven't updated yet since I've only just downloaded the mod.
    Could someone link me to the updates and give me a idea how to install them...... Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

blobby360 wrote: »
    I've just downloaded DayZ and its showing up in the right corner of the screen like it should.

But when i try to join a server it just says Loading and nothing happens.
    I gave up after 15 minutes.
    I'm just wondering maybe its because i haven't updated yet since I've only just downloaded the mod.
    Could someone link me to the updates and give me a idea how to install them...... Thanks

You will find ArmA beta updates here

DayZ updates here

For set-up instructions check out the DayZ group or Dayz Forum

Note that different servers require different versions, though its normally in the server title.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

Dont use beta patch, I've had that loading screen due to the beta...

Fresh install + 1.60 patch + dayz 1.70 will get u in no problem..

On another note, seen a friendly fire kill pop up earlier, somebody can't remember there name was killed by Run nd gun...

Ok i've downloaded all the patches up to 1.07 ( Haven't done Beta patches yet )
    And i was able to join a game ...... granted it only lasted 15 minutes before someone shot me in the head :p

But now with all the servers i've tried i'm getting kicked from the server ?

Anyone have this happen to them ?

blobby360 wrote: »
    Ok i've downloaded all the patches up to 1.07 ( Haven't done Beta patches yet )
    And i was able to join a game ...... granted it only lasted 15 minutes before someone shot me in the head :p

But now with all the servers i've tried i'm getting kicked from the server ?

Anyone have this happen to them ?

Whats the error?

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    Whats the error?

Never mind i got it working ....... It seems like every time i complain on boards
    the game starts working perfectly :p

The server after crashing (or restarting) is after freaking out again, all the tents with kit in them and vehicles has gone.. Any Admins about? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

i spoke too soon

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Here's something I didn't know.... The amount of steeples a church has will tell you if you can enter it or not !

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/usbpc/church_clarification/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I've no Side or Global chat on the Boards server, guessing I have the wrong Beta patch installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Duggy747 wrote: »
    I've no Side or Global chat on the Boards server, guessing I have the wrong Beta patch installed?

Since 415 (I think) any global type chat has been removed.
    Rocket wants it to feel more like you are all alone.

Haven't been able to get into any server at all. Stuck on recieving data, won't go any farther then that.
    I've tried the last 5 beta patches and left it for 10+ minutes on receiving data each time and no good...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

What's the story? Why's the server locked?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

It was locked to try and stop it freezing, after a restart it's best to let in 15 at a time lock it for a while then unlock it. Will be reducing to 30 slots tomorrow, then hopefully testing new server.

Villain wrote: »
    It was locked to try and stop it freezing, after a restart it's best to let in 15 at a time lock it for a while then unlock it. Will be reducing to 30 slots tomorrow, then hopefully testing new server.

I was on the server a few minutes ago and there where a lot of rubber banding.

There was one point where i was in a tower watching some guy wander around and then all of a sudden he's gone, next thing i know i've a bullet in my head.
    Lost a M14A4 because of it :mad:

Finally made it to the guy's base, quite a village that's set up. :P

Disconnected there but since I don't have a mic and chat is disabled I hope they don't shoot me on sight when I reconnect tomorrow. I'll Q & E to show my neutrality :pac:

EDIT: Though how come others are able to use chat on the server? I've been away from this for a few days so I've missed a few things going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

master server is being ddosed so all servers lagging. Coding thats being used unlikely to change.

Go team anonymous!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Duggy747 wrote: »
    EDIT: Though how come others are able to use chat on the server? I've been away from this for a few days so I've missed a few things going on.

Some people haven't updated their Arma beta recently.

We got a UAZ working, and we've parked it somewhere safe for the night.
    We attempted to stop off in an undisclosed location (;)) and fill it with gas at the gas station but it wasn't working for some reason. So after attracting 50 or so zombies we just drove straight through the town where after a massive desync for me I started having really weird flashbacks like LOST.

One moment I was in the field where I first desynced, then I was back in the car, and I was bleeding the whole time and it wouldn't stop flashing long enough for me to bandage myself so I just had to disconnect and log back in.... really strange.

We attempted to stop off in an undisclosed location (;)) and fill it with gas at the gas station but it wasn't working for some reason. So after attracting 50 or so zombies we just drove straight through the town where after a massive desync for me I started having really weird flashbacks like LOST.

One moment I was in the field where I first desynced, then I was back in the car, and I was bleeding the whole time and it wouldn't stop flashing long enough for me to bandage myself so I just had to disconnect and log back in.... really strange.

I heard that, was pretty funny :pac:

I logged off at the base, seems somebody was there not too long before me since there was a trail of about 20 bodies scattered everywhere which resulted in a last stand at the tower for someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

Some people haven't updated their Arma beta recently.

The car is an absolute beast, me, _vti and Sas ran for easily over an hour to get the parts to the car, involving Sas being a ninja when killing someone. Too bad he had feck all loot.

Poor ****er didnt see it comin haha... we have to get the car all polished up tomorrow..
    cruise around cherno..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Found a bicycle the other day, it goes quite fast! Although I had to log out and when I went back to it's original spawn location on another server (the definite spawn location for the bicycle as per wiki) it wasn't there. Tried loads of servers and it wasn't there. Is there problems with vehicle spawns in many servers? Since Iv started playing Dayz iv only found: 1 bicycle, 1 UAZ, 1 GAZ and 1 Bus. Found the bicycle, GAZ and Bus over the weekend but still was hard enough to find them after many server spawns.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement