Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

My game is bugged, I went into the apartment in Cherno and I just froze. When I try to get back in I just crash, tried it 4 times :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

ED E wrote: »
    About to spec/stability test ARMA2 so just wondering, DAYZ make it lighter/heavier/the same/erratic to run?

Pretty much the same. Some of the zombie movements are a bit dodgy but other than that its grand

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Pretty much the same. Some of the zombie movements are a bit dodgy but other than that its grand

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

ED E wrote: »
    About to spec/stability test ARMA2 so just wondering, DAYZ make it lighter/heavier/the same/erratic to run?

I find my frame rates to be a lot lower on DayZ.
    I get steady 60-70FPS on normal domination, but on DayZ its around 40-50.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Grass is on full in Dayz by default.

You can turn it off in Domi.

• Advertisement

Is the server running the latest patch tonight? 1.7.1 I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Waiting patiently for the next hotfix before I start playing again. Can't wait to go roaming with my friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Is there any way to mute Mumble in game?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

No noticable frame drops on mine, not since the 1.5 Day Z patch anyway. Before that it was pretty bad with the full draw distance on all the servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Smiley_ie

Pending Hotfix: Build 1.7.1.2
    Changelog:
    * [NEW] Tone Mapping to enhance nightlighting conditions
    * [FIXED] Generic Loot not spawning (such as food etc...)
    * [FIXED] Animals stand still and HURR DURRR (they now walk around)
    * [FIXED] New blood values not being saved when a player eats (they do now)
    * [FIXED] Duplicate players not being removed (should now be removed on login)
    * [NEW] Melee Weapon introduced: Hatchet (can only drop through right click in gear menu)
    * [NEW] Maximum animals increased

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Still stuck in this ****ing debug wilderness, ****ing joke.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I logged in for the first time in a while yesterday, and paid for not killing someone on sight. Was in Starry, and let some guy around the tents live, and made it really clear that i wasn't going to attack him....he shot me in the back :cool: I was alive, but barely and now have only 3k blood.

Later on, i logged into the boards server, and was majorly glitched out. There was no tents in Starry, but there were weapons everywhere...and i mean everywhere. Felt guilty about swapping my Winchester for an Kobra AK with 5 mags :P

I've still f*ck all blood though, so hitting anything is practically impossible.
    Smiley_ie wrote: »
    * [NEW] Melee Weapon introduced: Hatchet (can only drop through right click in gear menu)

Melee weapons? Brilliant :)

Kiith wrote: »
    Later on, i logged into the boards server, and was majorly glitched out. There was no tents in Starry, but there were weapons everywhere...and i mean everywhere. Felt guilty about swapping my Winchester for an Kobra AK with 5 mags :P

That was us :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Finally. Made no sense to be without a melee weapon. Blades don't need reloading, it's just common zombie apocalypse sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Rabhimself86

Is there any way to mute Mumble in game?

Yup, the best way I found was to keybind the "Deafen Me" option. First off open up Mumble.

Hit the Configure menu, go to Settings, Click Shortcuts on the left.
    Now click the Add button, click the drop down menu that shows up in the big white box above the Add button. Pick Deafen Self, then pick a shortcut button to bind it to. That's it. Press the keybind to mute everyone in Mumble, press it again to unmute. Hard part is finding a key to bind it to, with all the keybindings Arma hogs and all...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

My game is bugged, I went into the apartment in Cherno and I just froze. When I try to get back in I just crash, tried it 4 times :(

I think I found you. I went into an apartment block in cherno, saw this guy lying down (looks to be dead) and bang, game crashed. Anytime I log back in, it crashes once the building is loaded :/

Will try a different server and see what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

Hawkeye you really need to stop trying to steal our jeep :P

Benzino wrote: »
    I think I found you. I went into an apartment block in cherno, saw this guy lying down (looks to be dead) and bang, game crashed. Anytime I log back in, it crashes once the building is loaded :/

Will try a different server and see what happens

Exactly what is happening to me.... I think you'll need to respawn, I've had the opportunity to do irt but tried to move and crashes again....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Exactly what is happening to me.... I think you'll need to respawn, I've had the opportunity to do irt but tried to move and crashes again....

I just logged into a different server and moved out of that building and got some distance from it. I can now log back into the Boards server again without crashing.

I wonder can admin do anything about it, as I suspect more people will encounter this issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

It' was my first time using VOIP for gaming and it was interesting listening in on the action. That hawkeye fella really wants a jeep, eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Some ghost guy killed me, his didnt have the correct version so he didnt appear on my screen and there was no zombies in his world. He told me he walked up to me and shot me in the face :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Played a good bit today and did not die once but did have a bit of trouble when my mic stopped working and could not tell the lads on mumble not to shoot as i was crossing a open field, turned out all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Some ghost guy killed me, his didnt have the correct version so he didnt appear on my screen and there was no zombies in his world. He told me he walked up to me and shot me in the face :(

Only play on required build servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Edgey75

Pending Hotfix: Build 1.7.1.2
    Changelog:
    * [NEW] Tone Mapping to enhance nightlighting conditions
    * [FIXED] Generic Loot not spawning (such as food etc...)
    * [FIXED] Animals stand still and HURR DURRR (they now walk around)
    * [FIXED] New blood values not being saved when a player eats (they do now)
    * [FIXED] Duplicate players not being removed (should now be removed on login)
    * [NEW] Maximum animals increased

so glad this is coming out
    and melee weapon to boot thats going to be a life saver when your out of ammo and just one zed left coming at you. more animals should be nice too i can probably count on both hands how many times ive seen a goat, cow or boar when ive been wandering about.

How does Private Military Company work with DayZ, and does the lite version differ much.

I got the game off steam but some install guides say that there should be a CO executable but i've none.

1.7.1.2 is out now, crowbars and hatchets are now melee weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Zatoichi

Varik wrote: »
    How does Private Military Company work with DayZ, and does the lite version differ much.

I got the game off steam but some install guides say that there should be a CO executable but i've none.

The PMC DLC is used for the backpacks. You can just use the free 'lite' version if you want. The full versions of BAF/PMC only bring better character textures to Dayz.

You bought Combined Ops from Steam, or just Arma 2?

Zatoichi wrote: »
    The PMC DLC is used for the backpacks. You can just use the free 'lite' version if you want. The full versions of BAF/PMC only bring better character textures to Dayz.

Combined Ops, have the option to run Combined Ops when starting up but no executable in the as some guides have shown.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Rabhimself86

Zatoichi wrote: »

Does that include character textures? My clothing texture looks horrid, like some Nintendo 64 Goldeneye crap. Not sure if it's a graphic bug or just Arma 2 showing age...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Jebus you Boards lads sure do die easily!!!! The list is getting long......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement