Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

TheFairy wrote: »
    Jebus you Boards lads sure do die easily!!!! The list is getting long......
    Ah dying is part of the game, if we never died we'd never get revenge :D

Nice shot by hawkeye last night, the hunt for revenge is on!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭SasQuatch88

Who did he pop? he's yet to meet my shotgun..

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Edgey75 wrote: »
    kind of getting tired of people dc`ìng when they been shot
    I assume that the fix "5 second delay for disconnecting" is to prevent the disconnecters from having an advantage?
    Pending Hotfix: Build 1.7.1.2
    Melee Weapon introduced: Hatchet (can only drop through right click in gear menu)
    Awesome?
    Sarky wrote: »
    Finally. Made no sense to be without a melee weapon. Blades don't need reloading, it's just common zombie apocalypse sense.
    Amen to that brother!
    Hard part is finding a key to bind it to, with all the keybindings Arma hogs and all...
    My default "record" button for Fraps was Armas "sit" button. Great when trying to record a zombie chase; I'd sit down and and get eaten if I pressed it when not running :| :pac: Have since deleted the sit button, though, as I see no use of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

I love the sit button. How else are we going to pass the time when your getting heated up around the fire! You gotta sing and rock from side to side :D

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

Tone Mapping to enhance nightlighting conditions will hopefully make playing at night fun and not a chore. It was annoying that your character lacked the human ability to have his eyes adjust to the dark so it was always pitch black like you were in a cave.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Hawke wrote: »
    Tone Mapping to enhance nightlighting conditions will hopefully make playing at night fun and not a chore.

I get by with the blue chemlights pretty well (they can only be seen from 35meters away which make them perfect for travelling between towns, where if you cross a bandit and he's within 35m of you then you're just plain unlucky!)

FYI I won't be updating the boards server from 1.7 until a patch is released for more than 12 to 24 hours and there are no major issues. 1.7 seems the most stable version for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

TheFairy wrote: »
    Jebus you Boards lads sure do die easily!!!! The list is getting long......

Is grim one of yours?

tell him i said sorry, didnt even bother looting his body :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Is grim one of yours?

tell him i said sorry, didnt even bother looting his body :D

wasn't me anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Smiley_ie

Villain wrote: »
    FYI I won't be updating the boards server from 1.7 until a patch is released for more than 12 to 24 hours and there are no major issues. 1.7 seems the most stable version for now.

Current Changelog for 1.7.1.3
    Affected addons:
    * dayz_code 1.7.1.3

Developer's Note:
    * Requires ArmA2 Beta.

Changelog:
    * [FIXED] Melee items causing magazine glitching and eventual server death (fixed)
    * [FIXED] Unconscious UI Image displays incorrectly
    * [FIXED] Bleeding never stops unless bandaged (chance of spontanious bleeding stopping now works)
    * [FIXED] Interior infected spawning inside of building walls etc... (interior infected now spawn inside correctly)
    * [FIXED] Speed not correctly utilized for checking stealth levels (https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33630 )
    * [FIXED] Posture error can occur on stealth check ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33628 )
    * [FIXED] Config error messages on popup (Caused by legacy classnames, error handling implemented to prevent this)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

the_syco wrote: »
    My default "record" button for Fraps was Armas "sit" button. Great when trying to record a zombie chase; I'd sit down and and get eaten if I pressed it when not running :| :pac: Have since deleted the sit button, though, as I see no use of it.

I use }/] key, dont think its bound to anything by default.

Tested with Afterburner so far, 18fps stable while recording, playable but not great.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

I'm curious if there are plans to make zombies run in doors? I hope not!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Christ, I hope not. They're bastards to shoot outside what with all their zig-zagging zip-zoppity booping out in the open.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Anyway of rolling back a patch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Okay, the key question for me now is should I wait till next week to purchase it? I'm assuming it will be part of steam summer sale. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Just download the files and reinstall.

Benzino wrote: »
    I just logged into a different server and moved out of that building and got some distance from it. I can now log back into the Boards server again without crashing.

I wonder can admin do anything about it, as I suspect more people will encounter this issue.

That worked cheers

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Anyone got a link to the patch version the boards server is running on. Can't seem to find 1.7.0.

Azza wrote: »
    Anyone got a link to the patch version the boards server is running on. Can't seem to find 1.7.0.
    Hidden but there:

http://cdn.armafiles.info/old/dayz_code_v1.7.0.rar

Thats the version on the boards server

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Corkfeen wrote: »
    Okay, the key question for me now is should I wait till next week to purchase it? I'm assuming it will be part of steam summer sale. :pac:

This is a very good point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Edgey75

anyone tried the mellee yet?
    ive not got around to firing dayz up yet

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I would be shocked if Arma 2 was on the steam sale, i mean they dont have to.

Reckon the DLCs BAF and PMC will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Smiley_ie

Edgey75 wrote: »
    anyone tried the mellee yet?
    ive not got around to firing dayz up yet

Melee
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdBdVD-Oo8I&feature=youtu.be

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Christ, I hope not. They're bastards to shoot outside what with all their zig-zagging zip-zoppity booping out in the open.

I thought there zippity-zobbity zigging & booping has lessened since the new updates :D. I know alot here haven't probably tried 1.7.1+ other versions

Hiding does work, although sometimes at a gamble. If you run into one of those houses with only one way out and your successful, the zombies sometimes hang inside/outside the house at the entrance so you're f*cked.

Was experimenting with throwing Tins, Empty Soda Cans and Empty Whiskey Bottles. It works, the zombies do register that something has landed and made a noise and they turn to check it out. But you usually have to have it hit the ground close enough to them for it to work, and with how throwing stuff in ARMA can be tricky it's not worth it unless you really need to get a zombie looking another way for you to slip by

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Playing dayz has made me want to go back and finish off the stalker series with its realism mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Dcully wrote: »
    Playing dayz has made me want to finish off the stalker series with its realism mod.

Already been doing that myself :D. Playing COP with the 'Complete' Mod

Smiley_ie wrote: »

cheers for that.
    looks rather epic

wonder if the crowbar will gain any other use than a melee weapon

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

Corkfeen wrote: »

Pick it up damnit!! Im sick of being one of the two Cork people on this game. I'm surrounded by feckin Dubs and Culchies ;)

_vti wrote: »
    Pick it up damnit!! Im sick of being one of the two Cork people on this game. I'm surrounded by feckin Dubs and Culchies ;)
    i live in the sw of county cork :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

ED E wrote: »
    I use }/]Tested with Afterburner so far, 18fps stable while recording, playable but not great.
    I have Fraps set to do half-screen at 30FPS the result is this, and the game is fairly playable when it's recording.
    dreamers75 wrote: »
    I would be shocked if Arma 2 was on the steam sale, i mean they dont have to.
    Everything but what is needed for DayZ will probably be on sale :P
    Smiley_ie wrote: »
    Do Zeds investigate the deaths of other Zeds?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement