Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Smiley_ie

Hotfix Build 1.7.1.3 Rolling Update

HOTFIX : 19 JUNE 2012

Affected addons:
    * dayz_code 1.7.1.3
    * dayz_weapons 1.3.1
    * dayz_server (server admins only)

Developer's Note:
    * Requires ArmA2 Beta.
    * Big thanks to JoeKurtz for his excellent bug reports

Changelog:
    * [FIXED] Melee items causing magazine glitching and eventual server death (fixed)
    * [FIXED] Unconscious UI Image displays incorrectly
    * [FIXED] Bleeding never stops unless bandaged (chance of spontanious bleeding stopping now works)
    * [FIXED] Interior infected spawning inside of building walls etc... (interior infected now spawn inside correctly)
    * [FIXED] Speed not correctly utilized for checking stealth levels ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33630 )
    * [FIXED] Posture error can occur on stealth check ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33628 )
    * [FIXED] Config error messages on popup (Caused by legacy classnames, error handling implemented to prevent this)
    * [FIXED] Unable to repair helicopter fuel leak (repair all parts to 95% or above and fuel leak will stop)
    * [FIXED] Massive lag and desync on some servers (mostly caused by the invisible replicating magazines)
    * [REVERT] Nerf of sickness damage (now will reduce your blood to 6000 rather than 10000)
    * [FIXED] Losing blood from starvation/dehydration cannot receive transfusion ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33677 )
    * [FIXED] Hunger and Thirst no longer continue to drop while you are offline (only ingame time counts)
    * [NEW] Once infected lose line-of-sight they will try investigate where you are
    * [FIXED] Flies still heard around removed/hidden bodies ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33472 )
    * [NEW] Significant loot rebalancing
    * [FIXED] "Fus ro dah" melee (now should be the correct release files)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Thank god they are using dev heaven now, should shut the whiney little fcukers on the forum up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

it's getting hard to find servers with the latest version :(

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Smiley_ie

These hotfix's are getting bloody ridiculous

Build Notes
    HOTFIX : 19 JUNE 2012

Affected addons:
    * dayz_code 1.7.1.4
    * dayz_equip 1.3.2

Changelog:
    * [FIXED] Performance issue with equipment proxies (improves FPS)

dont update if you can cause there is only like 5-6 euro servers with the latest hotfix and they are all full.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Looks like there is still problems with 1.7.1.4, we could be on 1.7 for a while.
    (Not complaining ;))

do I lose all my stuff if I roll back to 1.7?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    do I lose all my stuff if I roll back to 1.7?

No. You lose nothing.

thx for that. On the boards server now, what do I need to get on the boards day z mumble chat?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Get yourself invited to the Boards Social Group and you'll find the details there :

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/group.php?groupid=320

• Advertisement

grrr

d*ck

enjoy all those slabs of raw meat

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Rabhimself86

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Anyone have a link to the 1.7 download? I updated earlier in the week, but want to play on the boards server.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Zatoichi

Does that include character textures? My clothing texture looks horrid, like some Nintendo 64 Goldeneye crap. Not sure if it's a graphic bug or just Arma 2 showing age...

The starting skin is a PMC skin, so I guess if you don't have the DLC it's low-res textures.

You can probably tell from the clothing in this screencap if yours is low-res or not:
    iCKDH0lNPu76W.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Sorry about that vti. Couldn't see where you went after killing that goat, and may have been slightly (totally) responsible for your untimely death...and i couldnt even find your corpse to steal all your stuff :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Jaypers

You do realise that by restricting the pass to a Social Group you are inviting casual players/lurkers) to spam this thread , to get the 25 posts needed to join one ?

last edited...in game name Decker

Jaypers wrote: »
    You do realise that by restricting the pass to a Social Group you are inviting casual players/lurkers) to spam this thread , to get the 25 posts needed to join one ?

last edited...in game name Decker

Thats a boards thing itself, we can't undo that.

Either way, we don't want people joining boards specifically to join us (exceptions of friends of boards members)

fair enough

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

fair enough

25 posts doesn't gurantee access to the community and I would propose that only people who have donated towards the server get access.

• Advertisement

having said that , i just hadnt realised private servers were allowed atm..no worries

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

having said that , i just hadnt realised private servers were allowed atm..no worries
    There is no private server???

The server was password protected and locked while we tested the latest patch :rolleyes:

no worries, have fun

1.7.4 is very difficult when starting out...no weapons and the zombs have stupidly good eyesight.

Though I still got killed by a damn bandit after finally putting the crossbow to use for once.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

what happens if you log off in a vehicle.

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    1.7.4 is very difficult when starting out...no weapons and the zombs have stupidly good eyesight.

Though I still got killed by a damn bandit after finally putting the crossbow to use for once.

You're not the only one, loads of people are dying from the looks of it. Don't help that it's night on the boards server.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Varik wrote: »

You're not the only one, loads of people are dying from the looks of it. Don't help that it's night on the boards server.

Think rocket specifically wanted it to be much harder he was perplexed at the fact people where living a whole 5 mins longer on average just lately /o\

Varik wrote: »

It puts you back to the place where you were last outside the vehicle.

Rocket is complaining on the forums about server admins who updated the server to 1.7.1.4 but not the server update from 1.7.1.3, just letting ye know in case we are one of those servers :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

The patch has made the zombies much more dangerous and can see you waaaaay off.

Was well outside a town, used my binoculars to read on the sign what town it was. Read it and got up to move when a jumper zombie who was behind the sign spotted me and chased me through the woods. Their new animation is bizarre as their arms swing manically.

I first logged in tonight at the apartments in Berezino, turned to my left where a guy was at the stairs looking down them. Fired a steel bolt into his head but then Kilth's and some guy named Duke's name appeared as having been killed at the same time. Wasn't sure which one it was I'd murdered :pac:

Either way, I've learnt to love the crossbow for the past few weeks.

Anyways, been trekking along the map to the camp. I've roused the zombies so many times out in the middle of forests and fields without even seeing them. Would be travelling along through the forests when next thing a zombie crops up out of nowhere on my arse.

Found a working tractor in a forest which helped speed up my travels a bit until I had to abandon it due to it pissing off too many zombies and attracting too much attention.

Probably would've been a funny sight for someone to come across a tractor out in the middle of a field going around in circles trying to run down a load of zombies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Zatoichi

New zombies are awful. Unless you're crawling on your belling the whole time, you will alert them. And since they're so fast, there's always one on your backside, so evasion/escape is an uninteresting chore. Keep running in and out of buildings until they stop coming, for whatever reason, because breaking LOS does not f'ing work. /rant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

It puts you back to the place where you were last outside the vehicle.

was meant to get a lift tonight but looks like i'm going to need to do a lot of walking tomorrow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement