Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

The zombies having bat-hearing is a new problem but personally I find these updates amusing as every week I see the game grow in development. I still find the new crawler animation hilarious.

Though I imagine it's not so amusing for Villian and Kd to deal with this flow of hotfixes and waiting to see which is the most stable build.

Even as an alpha, these patches should be implemented better just to save Rocket and server owners a whole load of trouble and backlash from the community.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Rabhimself86

_vti wrote: »
    the recent vehicle bugs

Spontaneously combustible buses, anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Spontaneously combustible buses, anyone?

M14
    M1911
    Coyote Backpack
    GPS and all other tools (expect NVG & Rangefinder)
    Lots of supplies
    Tyre....

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

ETA on 1.7.1.5 is '6 to 24 hours':
    * [NEW] Infected raycast for line-of-sight less often (improves performance)
    * [FIXED] Infected can see through terrain ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33787 )
    * [FIXED] Raycasting being taken from wrong body position (ensured it is from eye level)
    * [FIXED] Infected sometimes spawn close to a player (previous check once, now up to ten times)
    * [NEW] Infected bodies will despawn after x minute(s) of their death (improves performance)
    * [FIXED] Sometimes infected will stand still after loosing line-of-sight ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33715 )
    * [FIXED] Can dupe tent's by right clicking (forgot to close the window)
    * [FIXED] Poor performance caused by infected search behavior (MAJOR performance increase during closed testing)
    * [FIXED] Audibility is far to high (completely rebalanced, in line with how it was in previous updates)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Smiley_ie

Hopfully the boards server updates to this cause 1.7.1.4 is pants

ETA 6 - 24h

Current Changelog for 1.7.1.5
    * [NEW] Infected raycast for line-of-sight less often (improves performance)
    * [FIXED] Infected can see through terrain ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33787 )
    * [FIXED] Raycasting being taken from wrong body position (ensured it is from eye level)
    * [FIXED] Infected sometimes spawn close to a player (previous check once, now up to ten times)
    * [NEW] Infected bodies will despawn after x minute(s) of their death (improves performance)
    * [FIXED] Sometimes infected will stand still after loosing line-of-sight ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33715 )
    * [FIXED] Can dupe tent's by right clicking (forgot to close the window)
    * [FIXED] Poor performance caused by infected search behavior (MAJOR performance increase during closed testing)
    * [FIXED] Audibility is far to high (completely rebalanced, in line with how it was in previous updates)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

ETA on 1.7.1.5 is '6 to 24 hours':

Hopefully those infected changes will bring it back towards 1.7.0... and not require hotfix 1.7.1.? before it's fixed.

Also noticed that they have added the DayZ leaderboards. The guy on top of longest lived boards is still alive after
    252h 05m
    :eek:
    He must be really be bringing up the average!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Spawned in under something, changed servers healed up a bit (now 6k) and logged back in sadly with shock. it night and even if it wasn't the lack of blood make everything rather dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Hopefully those infected changes will bring it back towards 1.7.0... and not require hotfix 1.7.1.? before it's fixed.

Also noticed that they have added the DayZ leaderboards. The guy on top of longest lived boards is still alive after
    252h 05m
    :eek:
    He must be really be bringing up the average!

I thought about that, but then there must be a couple of thousand, hundred thousand people who respawn as soon as they spawn to get a better location which must be dragging it down immensely.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Smiley_ie wrote: »
    Hopfully the boards server updates to this cause 1.7.1.4 is pants

ETA 6 - 24h

Yep we will be as soon as it gets a bit of live testing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

I thought about that, but then there must be a couple of thousand, hundred thousand people who respawn as soon as they spawn to get a better location which must be dragging it down immensely.

Does that count as a life though? I've never done it so I'm not 100% sure.

I was thinking more along the lines of those people who spawn and then get mowed down by bandits in previous patches (and zombies in latest updates) within the first few minutes of their life.

• Advertisement

Does that count as a life though? I've never done it so I'm not 100% sure.

I was thinking more along the lines of those people who spawn and then get mowed down by bandits in previous patches (and zombies in latest updates) within the first few minutes of their life.

Well they are alive for a few seconds before they click respawn so I assume it would.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

boo urns
    Day Z Development ‏@dayzdevteam
    Important: Tents will be wiped when update 1.7.1.5 is released within next 6-24 hours. Pack your tent and collect items. Sorry about this

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Grim. wrote: »
    boo urns

Feck! Suppose if you have a vehicle you could dump some stuff in there assuming they aren't getting wiped too. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

Grim. wrote: »
    boo urns
    xtpHO.jpg

I *MAY* have fixed the other server can someone with 1.7 please try the IRE1_Test server please and let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

I got in with no issues. Seems to be running smoothly.

*Villain does a dance*!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Villain wrote: »
    *Villain does a dance*!!!!!!!!

Gaylord!

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

yeah got in pretty smoothly here too seems to be working fine.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

• Advertisement

Villain wrote: »
    I *MAY* have fixed the other server can someone with 1.7 please try the IRE1_Test server please and let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I think it's funny that he's hiding from another survivor at the start, also all the exploit talk going on in chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

there is only one problem so far with the test server and its when you kill someone it shows up as friendly fire...but otherwise its running smooth :D

Just wondering, will the stuff from the current server move over to the new server or will everything be gone?

If its the latter, we may as well start playing on whichever server we plan on keeping.

Just wondering, will the stuff from the current server move over to the new server or will everything be gone?

If its the latter, we may as well start playing on whichever server we plan on keeping.
    It will move once I copy the mission file and set it to use the same mission file, I need to edit the Bios and update to 1.7.1.4 first, will do that and test myself a little then update later tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Fussgangerzone

there is only one problem so far with the test server and its when you kill someone it shows up as friendly fire...but otherwise its running smooth :D

That is a problem. I'll test on you to see if it's like that for everyone :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Was at the Balota airstrip today with my friend Luke, we were scavenging the place and had just found an AK when we were fired upon by an unknown assailant.

We turned off our lights and ran into the warehouse in opposite corners and sat in silence (although Luke was screaming "he's got a gun! he's going to kill us!" over steam chat) as we watched our attacker fight off a zombie successfully with his G17.

As soon as it ended though, I was determined to get revenge for being shot at, so I reloaded the AK with one of the magazines I had found and fired upon the silhouette on the horizon. In the corner I see "Zanred has been killed" and noticed I now had 1 murder. Felt absolutely exhilarated throughout the entire event.

Zanred, if you are reading this, thanks for the G17 and Hatchet!

Felt absolutely exhilarated throughout the entire event.

Zanred, if you are reading this, thanks for the G17 and Hatchet!

...join us!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

i was killed like that earlier... really strange...i was trying to go back to a different patch but it would not let me...i was trying a load of different configs came onto the new server was shot, friendly fire, said ok maybe i need to respawn, spawned in the same place i was killed...shot again... really weird...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement