Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

dreamers75 wrote: »

Is this going on the boards server do you know? Will download it just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Is this going on the boards server do you know? Will download it just in case.

Probably with the latest stable update. Wouldnt install it just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Test server up now with 1.7.1.4, please test and report, all going well we will move to that later with the latest patch and beta depending on reviews of both.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Started a new game walked 2 feet and already had a zombie chasing me. Ran into a small town to look for a gun with no luck. Leaving town I had about 20 running after me. Only way to get rid of them is lead them inside and run away.

Stealth gone out the window. It was just right at 1.7 but now unless you want to spend an hour crawling around it full sprint all the way and hope you can get a weapon or lose them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

I know, it's probably because the mod has basically exploded in popularity and it's attention in the media that a proportion of players 'assume' this is fully released game.

I don't think any of the players who have jumped through all the hoops necessary to get it running (dayz files, arma patch, run script, etc) are going to mistake it for a fully released game..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Dcully wrote: »

Just watched that the whole way through and it was a good insight into where he (Rocket) wants to take this mod... they also seemed to be playing one of the latest versions so nice to see/hear his take on that.

Zombies hearing is definitely too high if they hear you opening a coke can!!

Looks way too easy though to alert a horde as they were not making much noise in the barn/house but still Zeds kept coming!!

Also handy to know about the certain house(s) where zombies cannot attack you :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

Are you supposed to spawn without a gun?

First time playing this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Are you supposed to spawn without a gun?

First time playing this evening.

Yes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

dayzdevteam Day Z Development
    13,000 concurrent connections! And you guys haven't played 1.7.1.5 hotfix yet... just finished first closed test with excellent results

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭therealwillie

do not see this being mentioned so i thought i would say it, tents are being reset so you guys might want to move your stuff.

Also I don't come on these boards too often but I do keep an eye on them because I tend to stick with your server so I wanted to ask, a couple of nights ago myself and a friend or two checked out stary sobor and there was a tonne of weapons, anyone know what happened there? i seen flyingirishman reply to someone saying yeah that was us, just wanted to know why you guys dropped so much weaponry! thanks a bunch though :D

I also intend to put some cash towards the server when i can afford to do so, anyway great work on keeping the server steady, keep it up. Any plans on having a larger player count on it at some stage?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

i seen flyingirishman reply to someone saying yeah that was us, just wanted to know why you guys dropped so much weaponry! thanks a bunch though :D

I'm pretty sure that we filled the jeep and our packs with whatever we could carry and left the rest to whoever turned up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Got my first murder.

murderd.jpg

He was prone and had either seen me ( but not seem me cut off to the east and around) or someone else on the road as he had a AS50 out aiming there which i assume was used in conduction with his range finder, both now mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Trying to download the beta but it won't let me on the site. Saying I need a user name and password? Anyone know what to do?

Jet Black wrote: »
    Trying to download the beta but it won't let me on the site. Saying I need a user name and password? Anyone know what to do?
    Open the url again in a new browser hit cancel and it will download

http://www.cityliferpg.com/arma2beta/ARMA2_OA_Build_93965.zip

Playing 1.7.1.5

No idea if the zed agro has been fixed because they spawn so damn far away now :) I'm at a deer stand and it would be impossible to hit any of them without a scoped weapon they are so far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Just use annonymous for both username and password, works fine for me.

Is there many servers using the 1.7.1.5 patch?

Is there many servers using the 1.7.1.5 patch?

About 20 or so atm.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

Humm....

I spawn, look for a gun, can't find one, disturb some zombies and they kill the **** out of me.

OPF, ARMA, ARMA II, ARMA II ACE were never this hard!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Smiley_ie

Can boards run there test server with 1.7.1.5 tonight

• Advertisement

Smiley_ie wrote: »
    Can boards run there test server with 1.7.1.5 tonight

Happening in about 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

OPF, ARMA, ARMA II, ARMA II ACE were never this hard!

What fun would it be if it was easy?

(Will be a little easier later when we update to 1.7.1.5 ;))

Ponster wrote: »

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Zombies should be able to open doors ( break them down) but there should not be able to climb ladders or swim.

So...

AKS-74 Kobra or M4A1? I've never used either but only have room for 1

Ponster wrote: »

Ponster is the server called Boards test ?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭therealwillie

m4a1, not 100% i only know from playing dayz but it feels more powerfull, better sight on the aks though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

What fun would it be if it was easy?

It's just slightly unrealistic, IMO.

Can we really assume that a slightly decomposed corpse would have better hearing than a fit and healthy human being?

Also, since when have zombies been able to climb ladders? I was running away from a horde of about twenty zombies when I attempted to escape them by scaling a water tank of some sort. I thought I was home and dry when I noticed that they were following me up the ladder. With no weapon and no of defending myself, I did the dignified thing and jumped to my death! :pac:

One server now IRE1 Boards.

Updated to latest beta and 1.7.1.5 using new server with i7 980x 24GB RAM and 120GB SSD 100mb connection.

IF YOU USE IT DONATE PLEASE.

PM me for details on how to donate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

Also, since when have zombies been able to climb ladders?

welcome to mid/late april..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement